Airtel, Vodafone, Idea filed a complaint against Jio through Industry lobby Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) alleging predatory pricing, bypassing fair competition rules and offering a full blown service in the name of test trials. And requested department of telecom (DoT) to ask mukesh ambani owned company to immediately terminate all existing connections to 1.5 million users.
- RJio is offering free services & connections calling it test services
- It has notched up 1.5 million users with average data consumption of 26 GB per month & voice usage of over 355 minutes
- COAI says RJio should file its tariff plans with Trai
- Huge traffic imbalance between outgoing calls from RJio’s network compared to incoming traffic
- Traffic imbalance between incumbents is only 1-2% vs 85-90% with RJio
- This chokes interconnect points of incumbent operators