Moving to Bangalore; Dimers' guidance needed!

Moving to Bangalore; Dimers' guidance needed!

Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43

Hi! I have moved to Bangalore for my first job which is near whitefield. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif this is the first time I am gng to stay in that city so need some advices from local dimers.
Here r few of my queries,

1) first and foremost PG or flat? I can spend abt 12k-15k for good food and safe accom so which will be better?

2) Many of my friends were telling we need to pay 1 yr advance to owner. Is it the case in all the places? And I read somewhere abt restrictions for bachelors in some communities…Is it true?

3)And i have heard lots of stories abt bangalore traffic so is it better to take bus pass and travel in bus or buy a second hand bike?Or else r der any good place for renting bikes?

4) I am used to buy things from wholesale shops in hyd which give reasonable discounts on day-day items. Are there any similar places in b’lore or is it better to buy from online grocery?

5) Any suggestions for good buffets/restaurnts for cheap prices in groupon or any odr similar site?

It would be of great help if any can also mention some extra points abt security, food,local deals and evn things new comers in the city should avoid or watch out for. TIA https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

edit: I am looking forward to write CAT so if anyone knows any good coaching centres near whitefields or marathalli plz let me know.

  • In
62 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
61
38
2

First of all tell us the name of the company, white field is like a sea, the budget will starts from 5000 to 8000 in PG. Food is purely south indian in PG’s maintained all of them from Andhra pradesh. Depending on your salary package you need to shift either PG or Apartment

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@bookface wrote:

Hi! I have moved to Bangalore for my first job which is near whitefield. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif this is the first time I am gng to stay in that city so need some advices from local dimers.
Here r few of my queries,

1) first and foremost PG or flat? I can spend abt 12k-15k for good food and safe accom so which will be better?

DS: If you have friends/co-workers in the same situation, you guys can rent a flat and share the rent.

2) Many of my friends were telling we need to pay 1 yr advance to owner. Is it the case in all the places? And I read somewhere abt restrictions for bachelors in some communities…Is it true?

DS: Yes, it is true in general. But depending on the house/flat owner, you might get a lower rate. In any case, as an “outsider”, do not expect to pay less than 8 months’ rent as security deposit.

3) And i have heard lots of stories abt bangalore traffic so is it better to take bus pass and travel in bus or buy a second hand bike?Or else r der any good place for renting bikes?

DS: You will have to figure this out based on your commute/location once you move here. You can’t plan for this appropriately before commuting for at least a week.

4) I am used to buy things from wholesale shops in hyd which give reasonable discounts on day-day items. Are there any similar places in b’lore or is it better to buy from online grocery?

DS: Yes, there are many wholesale shops in Bangalore as well. Even local supermarkets offer around 3-5% discount usually. But I prefer BigBasket. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

5) Any suggestions for good buffets/restaurnts for cheap prices in groupon or any odr similar site?

DS: You did not mention where you are coming from, but the deal situation is the same as any other major city in India (use Little and Nearbuy). There are some other apps as well, but those two cover almost everything.

It would be of great help if any can also mention some extra points abt security, food,local deals and evn things new comers in the city should avoid or watch out for. TIA https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Find my answers/comments in italics above.

@cybertechie also moved to Bangalore recently. He might add some very relevant tips.

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
9
2652
26

What’s your CTC ?

and Cost to which Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@blue wine wrote:

What’s your CTC ?

and Cost to which Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


I dint even tell my relatives my CTC. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

its not hard to predict how much a fresher in IT sector earns on avg in beginning stages! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

and am not looking for massive savings atleast till i settle in a propr place there.

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21758
161

1: You are coming to Whitefield – King of traffic jam https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif Buy bike.
2. Search nearbuy bangalore to buy deals buffets etc.
3. you can find any kind of food in street hotels, gud tasty food in resturants, etc. Foodpanda is best site to order…
4. Rent a 1 BHK (sharing) which costs around 10 – 12k(gud one) search olx, 50k deposit
5. To Shop, you cn find N numbers of malls, shops, big basket warehouse is near to whitefield https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif etc.
6. Nothing to worri and avoid abt wonderfull Bangalore, all peoples are very kind hearted and helpful.
7. Transport – uber, ola and auto available 24/7.
8. Beautiful girls https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @bookface
9. Last bt nt least Learn kannada https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
9
2652
26
@bookface wrote:

@blue wine wrote:

What’s your CTC ?

and Cost to which Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


I dint even tell my relatives my CTC. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

its not hard to predict how much a fresher in IT sector earns on avg in beginning stages! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

and am not looking for massive savings atleast till i settle in a propr place there.


Yes everybody afraid of their relatives I understand that even some friends 2

Bt I’m neither your friend or relatives

I dont even know you so if your relatives dont know your dd id then share with us else pm me

Just a curiosity nothing else https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Arasu
Shopping Friend
131
131
39086
535
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:
<

big basket warehouse is near to whitefield https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif etc.


But you are not allowed to enter (shop) there https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @bookface

Mr bean
Deal Subedar
4
36
1544
53

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….

Baadshah
Deal Subedar
3
216
1478
41

assuming you are from hyderabad and familiar with Telgu, then learning local language would be easy

anytime you talk to people in their language you are assured to get best response, security https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif and best of guidance which you might not get from this forum.

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

1: You are coming to Whitefield – King of traffic jam https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif Buy bike.
2. Search nearbuy bangalore to buy deals buffets etc.
3. you can find any kind of food in street hotels, gud tasty food in resturants, etc. Foodpanda is best site to order…
4. Rent a 1 BHK (sharing) which costs around 10 – 12k(gud one) search olx, 50k deposit
5. To Shop, you cn find N numbers of malls, shops, big basket warehouse is near to whitefield https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif etc.
6. Nothing to worri and avoid abt wonderfull Bangalore, all peoples are very kind hearted and helpful.
7. Transport – uber, ola and auto available 24/7.
8. Beautiful girls https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @bookface
9. Last bt nt least Learn kannada https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Thanks! Will look into OLX. I joined some FB groupd also where ppl post abt vacant flats and PGs for rents.

And I think i can read good amount of kannada text as its similar to telugu but understanding it would be difficult.

Do suggest some good kannada movies too! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
9
2652
26
@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21758
161
@blue wine wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days


lol why so worried abt others CTC https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Well my employer would laugh at me if i tell these reasons! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

And my post was not abt coming to bangalore or not but its for planning my settlement in bangalore. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@blue wine wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days


lol why so worried abt others CTC https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Haha may be he thinks everyone in DD r unemployed or else der primary src of income is DD https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21758
161
@bookface wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Well my employer would laugh at me if i tell these reasons! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

And my post was not abt coming to bangalore or not but its for planning my settlement in bangalore. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


nothg as such, it depends on user…. if u want to stay nearby company. you may have to pay 12k rent…otherwise its avilable even for 6k…. it depends on hw you lead life… just 6 months… you will never go back to ur native https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:


lol why so worried abt others CTC https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

That’s the reason why we all love @Troll https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Many won’t accept but DD is somehow boring without @Troll https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
#Trolism Jindabaad

Mr bean
Deal Subedar
4
36
1544
53
@blue wine wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days


yo cool mann.

I used to say the same about my city earlier. But not any more now. Check garbage disposal, Water problems, commuting, upscaling costs too. Otherwise it is a wonderful city full of opportunities.

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@Tejaa wrote:

@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:


lol why so worried abt others CTC https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

That’s the reason why we all love @Troll https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Many won’t accept but DD is somehow boring without @Troll https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
#Trolism Jindabaad


yeah if Troll would hav been der my post would hav been hijacked long bak! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

But think how irresistible it is for Troll to watch all action in DD but not be able to comment! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@bookface wrote:


yeah if Troll would hav been der my post would hav been hijacked long bak! https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

But think how irresistible it is for Troll to watch all action in DD but not be able to comment! https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

You didn’t get my point then, it’s already hijacked, Bro
Now got it ? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

200
Deal Subedar
0
90
2102
20

All the best Dude..!! #Nachoo https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@Tejaa wrote:

@bookface wrote:


yeah if Troll would hav been der my post would hav been hijacked long bak! https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

But think how irresistible it is for Troll to watch all action in DD but not be able to comment! https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

You didn’t get my point then, it’s already hijacked, Bro
Now got it ? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


ledu artham kaledu. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif
Situation control lone undi kada? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Getready
Deal Captain
24
1,137
10768
113
@blue wine wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days


365 days? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
February – March 2016, where were you? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Getready
Deal Captain
24
1,137
10768
113

@bookface
Welcome to my neighborhood (whitefield) https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Images
Deal Lieutenant
0
82
3982
46
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

1: You are coming to Whitefield – King of traffic jam https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif Buy bike.
2. Search nearbuy bangalore to buy deals buffets etc.
3. you can find any kind of food in street hotels, gud tasty food in resturants, etc. Foodpanda is best site to order…
4. Rent a 1 BHK (sharing) which costs around 10 – 12k(gud one) search olx, 50k deposit
5. To Shop, you cn find N numbers of malls, shops, big basket warehouse is near to whitefield https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif etc.
6. Nothing to worri and avoid abt wonderfull Bangalore, all peoples are very kind hearted and helpful.
7. Transport – uber, ola and auto available 24/7.
8. Beautiful girls https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @bookface
9. Last bt nt least Learn kannada https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

+1

love 9th point..

Qwqwq
Deal Lieutenant
3
459
4645
43
@getready wrote:

@bookface
Welcome to my neighborhood (whitefield) https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Haha… nice (y)

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@bookface wrote: ledu artham kaledu.
Situation control lone undi kada?

Vaade Veedu… Veede Vaadu… https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/385286/medium/3500296vlcsnap-00224.jpg?1481012984

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9054
53
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

1: You are coming to Whitefield – King of traffic jam https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif Buy bike.
2. Search nearbuy bangalore to buy deals buffets etc.
3. you can find any kind of food in street hotels, gud tasty food in resturants, etc. Foodpanda is best site to order…
4. Rent a 1 BHK (sharing) which costs around 10 – 12k(gud one) search olx, 50k deposit
5. To Shop, you cn find N numbers of malls, shops, big basket warehouse is near to whitefield https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif etc.
6. Nothing to worri and avoid abt wonderfull Bangalore, all peoples are very kind hearted and helpful.
7. Transport – uber, ola and auto available 24/7.
8. Beautiful girls https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif @bookface
9. Last bt nt least Learn kannada https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


+1 to the 9th comment.

As a Kannadiga & a Bengalurean, i welcome you to our humble abode known as Garden City (though the greenery has become very less in the wake of urbanization). Most of your queries have already been answered by @DealSeeker and @FeelMyL0Ve. If you need any further questions to be answered, shoot it away. I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Also i would like to add that small things matter the most sometimes, So don’t feel bad if i give you a suggestion.
It is Bengaluru, not Bangalore anymore. You don’t call Chennai as Madras, Mumbai as Bombay, Kolkata as Calcutta… right.
We don’t expect much but look forward to people making small amount of efforts and we would be more than gracious to help you.
Ok, let me not take it any further as it will become a never ending discussion. Best of luck for your future job & life. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
9
2652
26
@getready wrote:

@blue wine wrote:

@iamspl.xxx wrote:

better don’t come to Bangalore. High cost of living, too much traffic, long commute hours ….


Change your company and shift to koramangla https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

every city have high cost of living that’s Why you get paid much

Wats ur CTC and Company https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Weather is always awesome here You never gonna get weather as good as anywer else 365 Days


365 days? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
February – March 2016, where were you? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif


@ kanat place Delhi

I just heard about weather https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

tel me I am wrong that BLR Is not the Top city in India for Healthy LifeStyle , Green Environment and Good Weather .

Always make comparison to Delhi https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
9
2652
26
@bookface wrote:

@Tejaa wrote:

@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:


lol why so worried abt others CTC https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

That’s the reason why we all love @Troll https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Many won’t accept but DD is somehow boring without @Troll https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
#Trolism Jindabaad


yeah if Troll would hav been der my post would hav been hijacked long bak! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

But think how irresistible it is for Troll to watch all action in DD but not be able to comment! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


I can Imagine How irresistible https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Missing