need help on router

need help on router

92°
Missing
Deal Cadet
0
54
140
2

i have been using dlink dsl2750 modum for my bsnl landline.
now i am planning to switch to private wifi providers.
the rj45 pin replaces rj11 pin.
so should i purchase a ew compatavle router or can i get anything like converter cables.
plz help

6 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42799
735
@kota.prabhu249 wrote:

i have been using dlink dsl2750 modum for my bsnl landline.
now i am planning to switch to private wifi providers.
the rj45 pin replaces rj11 pin.
so should i purchase a ew compatavle router or can i get anything like converter cables.
plz help


D-Link DSL2750U is a modem+router which can be used as an access point/router for your new WiFi/ethernet based service provider. Please clarify what you mean by “WiFi providers” if you have any further questions.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
54
140
2
@DealSeeker wrote:

@kota.prabhu249 wrote:

i have been using dlink dsl2750 modum for my bsnl landline.
now i am planning to switch to private wifi providers.
the rj45 pin replaces rj11 pin.
so should i purchase a ew compatavle router or can i get anything like converter cables.
plz help


D-Link DSL2750U is a modem+router which can be used as an access point/router for your new WiFi/ethernet based service provider. Please clarify what you mean by “WiFi providers” if you have any further questions.

issue with the pin. if I remember correctly, dsl2750 have rj11 pin suitable for landline phones and private WiFi provider requires rj45 pin

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42799
735
@kota.prabhu249 wrote:

issue with the pin. if I remember correctly, dsl2750 have rj11 pin suitable for landline phones and private WiFi provider requires rj45 pin


Err, you seem to not have even basic knowledge about computer networking. Not a problem. I will just speak with that in mind.

Although RJ11 to RJ45 converters (and vice-versa) are available, using one will not solve your purpose. Those converters are used for telephony purposes (beyond the scope of this discussion).

Now that I understand that you mean ethernet-based internet by “Wifi providers”, I will tell you what needs to be done. Please read carefully and then come back with any questions.

(1) You need to possibly update the firmware on your D-Link DSL2750U modem+router to enable its usage as a pure WAN router. The Indian firmware apparently doesn’t support WAN router functionality by default. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/lkG60...9g

(2) Once the firmware is updated, you can simply plug in the ethernet (RJ45) cable from your WiFi internet service provider to the appropriate port on your D-Link router (depending on the firmware) and access internet on your devices via its WiFi.

Alternatively, if updating the firmware sounds too complex for you, you can simply purchase a new wireless router and use that instead. See: http://www.desidime.com/forums/product-reviews/...

Hacker detected
Deal Subedar
0
80
2204
59
@DealSeeker wrote:

@kota.prabhu249 wrote:

issue with the pin. if I remember correctly, dsl2750 have rj11 pin suitable for landline phones and private WiFi provider requires rj45 pin


Err, you seem to not have even basic knowledge about computer networking. Not a problem. I will just speak with that in mind.

Although RJ11 to RJ45 converters (and vice-versa) are available, using one will not solve your purpose. Those converters are used for telephony purposes (beyond the scope of this discussion).

Now that I understand that you mean ethernet-based internet by “Wifi providers”, I will tell you what needs to be done. Please read carefully and then come back with any questions.

(1) You need to possibly update the firmware on your D-Link DSL2750U modem+router to enable its usage as a pure WAN router. The Indian firmware apparently doesn’t support WAN router functionality by default. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/lkG60...9g

(2) Once the firmware is updated, you can simply plug in the ethernet (RJ45) cable from your WiFi internet service provider to the appropriate port on your D-Link router (depending on the firmware) and access internet on your devices via its WiFi.

Alternatively, if updating the firmware sounds too complex for you, you can simply purchase a new wireless router and use that instead. See: http://www.desidime.com/forums/product-reviews/...


one question from mine
do all ISP use same type of cable , i mean if BSNL supports RJ45 , then others will also be using same technology

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42799
735
@hackerboys wrote:

one question from mine
do all ISP use same type of cable , i mean if BSNL supports RJ45 , then others will also be using same technology


Bro, your question itself is wrong on some levels. Anyway, I will try to address it in a way that will clarify some things for you as well as hopefully answer your intended question.

(1) RJ45 is actually the name for the connector/plug. The cable used for ethernet is usually Cat 5 or Cat 6.

(2) BSNL is mostly a DSL based ISP so they provide you a simple phone line (RJ11 connector) to connect to your modem (or modem+WiFi router), which then gives you the output through an ethernet cable (RJ45 connector) and/or wirelessly.

(3) All non-DSL wired broadband service providers in India that I am aware of (using FTTH or cable internet) terminate the connection to a device which gives the output via a standard ethernet cable (Cat 5; RJ45 connector).

Thor movie chris hemsworth as thor t2
suspended
4
41
23520
249

@kota.prabhu249 Even after FW update you can not use DSL-2750U for cable Broadbands !

Buy DIR-600L (single antenna and 150 MBPS) or DIR-615/605L (Double antenna and 300 MBPS) which supports Cable broadbabd and will cost you below 1K and 1.5K respectively !

BTW, You can go for TP-LINK also which has same warranty as D-Link and is cost effective !

Missing