Need Suggestion on credit card

Need Suggestion on credit card

122°
Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8

Hi,Currently i m having HDFC Regalia First Credit Card. Today i got invitation to apply for MC world Infania intl card. annual and renewal fees is 10000 p.a. Please suggest shall i apply this card?

25 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4

Regalia first to Infinia? Wow

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20

All you pay is the GST of 1800 on the card considering the 10k points you receive after you pay the fee.
If your spends are in a higher range and you know you can reap out all the benefits from this higher rewarding card, then go ahead. This is placed above the diners black card and hdfc seems to be adding more benefits to this card to make it more attractive than the diners black card.
Not many receive this invitation to their super premium card. So do the calculations and go ahead with this card.

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
dev007 wrote:

All you pay is the GST of 1800 on the card considering the 10k points you receive after you pay the fee.
If your spends are in a higher range and you know you can reap out all the benefits from this higher rewarding card, then go ahead. This is placed above the diners black card and hdfc seems to be adding more benefits to this card to make it more attractive than the diners black card.
Not many receive this invitation to their super premium card. So do the calculations and go ahead with this card.

Thanks, i m not clear that will i receive 10k points next year too or not?. Else my annual expense is appx 4 lac p.a.

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

Thanks, i m not clear that will i receive 10k points next year too or not?. Else my annual expense is appx 4 lac p.a.

The infinia portal mentions that you’ll receive 10k reward points upon payment of annual fee.
If you achieve their 8L spends, then waiver will be applied and you won’t be getting that 10k RPs.

40898156 888691151330491 2694152059007008768 o
Deal Subedar
85
1467
9

Any bank offers immediate credit card (within 5days) against fixed deposit
Suggest bank which offers high credit limit against fd

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
Expand
dev007 wrote:

The infinia portal mentions that you’ll receive 10k reward points upon payment of annual fee.
If you achieve their 8L spends, then waiver will be applied and you won’t be getting that 10k RPs.

Ok, so effective annual fee will be 1800 appx.

Cropped1422108492
Deal Cadet
498
625
6

Well, since you need to spend 8L pa for the waiver to trigger, which is double the amount you spend pa, I don’t think you should/you will do forced expenditures to reach tge the target and to reap all the the benefits of the card, even if the RP conversion is 1 point=1 rupee….. So my advice would be to decline the card.

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

Ok, so effective annual fee will be 1800 appx.

Yes, so talking in very plain language if you earn 2000 reward points, only 2000 reward points, then you may offset that 1800 gst fee, considering you make not even 4lakhs but zero usage in an year as you pay 10k +1800gst and you get 10k points.
Do note that the 1 RP = 1Rupee only in certain cases of redemptions, which you need to take into account.
If you get a direct cash credit of the RPs into your account, it’ll be great, but I believe you need to book flight tickets for better value for your points. Consider this factor too while you’re weighing the options. Since you’re already holding regalia first, which gives you 0.30 for flight tickets, I guess you’re already aware of this redemption options.

I’m not even talking about the extra features of this super premium card.

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
Expand
dev007 wrote:

Yes, so talking in very plain language if you earn 2000 reward points, only 2000 reward points, then you may offset that 1800 gst fee, considering you make not even 4lakhs but zero usage in an year as you pay 10k +1800gst and you get 10k points.
Do note that the 1 RP = 1Rupee only in certain cases of redemptions, which you need to take into account.
If you get a direct cash credit of the RPs into your account, it’ll be great, but I believe you need to book flight tickets for better value for your points. Consider this factor too while you’re weighing the options. Since you’re already holding regalia first, which gives you 0.30 for flight tickets, I guess you’re already aware of this redemption options.

I’m not even talking about the extra features of this super premium card.

Yes, i my self and some friends using my existing rewards to book flight tickets. It it want be a problem. I was just confused for next year fees. Which u have sold

Thanks pray pray

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
dgreatgambler007 wrote:

Well, since you need to spend 8L pa for the waiver to trigger, which is double the amount you spend pa, I don’t think you should/you will do forced expenditures to reach tge the target and to reap all the the benefits of the card, even if the RP conversion is 1 point=1 rupee….. So my advice would be to decline the card.

Thanks brother for your input. But as dev said i will get 10k reward points on payment of annual fees. Which compensate major part of my annual fees. If i provide 15% discount then also it will be 3300 cost

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20
arunrush680 wrote:

Regalia first to Infinia? Wow

Yeah, he might be maintaining some very high NRV with hdfc, including maybe top tier savings account, probably their insurance products, mutual fund products etc.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

Thanks, i m not clear that will i receive 10k points next year too or not?. Else my annual expense is appx 4 lac p.a.

Hey how old was your card and what was the credit limit on your regalia first card?

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
Expand
watever wrote:

Hey how old was your card and what was the credit limit on your regalia first card?

I have salary account since 2007 and having good financial relation with HDFC

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20
dev007 wrote:

https://www.hdfcbank.com/Infinia/Faq_css_previe...

Q: What is the membership fee for the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card?

First year fee is Rs 10,000+GST and annual renewal membership fee is Rs 10,000+GST.

Welcome benefit of 10,000 Reward points will get credited on realization of first year fees of Rs. 10,000 +Taxes

The customer however can enjoy waiver of the renewal fee if the spends are minimum Rs 8,00,000 within the 12 months. Also,if the renewal fee is levied,10000 reward points will be credited to the customer account.
Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3868
49

Infinia card is like American Visa, just take it when they are giving.
If you apply for it in future they show all attitudes even if you meet their income/salary limits – myexp.
Rs1000 per month is not a big amount for the card, and I am sure you will be benefiting even after this fees.

Missing
Deal Cadet
99
252
4
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

I have salary account since 2007 and having good financial relation with HDFC

I would suggest you to check with your RM if you could get HDFC Diners Club Black(DCB). As you are eligible for Infinia, you most likely are eligible for DCB as well. DCB has lower fees and better benefits.

Based on your annual spends, I think DCB would be more rewarding for you. 10x partners are only for Diners.

Cropped8693558912664599928
Deal Cadet
128
215
8
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

I would suggest you to check with your RM if you could get HDFC Diners Club Black(DCB). As you are eligible for Infinia, you most likely are eligible for DCB as well. DCB has lower fees and better benefits.

Based on your annual spends, I think DCB would be more rewarding for you. 10x partners are only for Diners.

I tried DCB but they said, u r offered Infania so DCB cannot be offered. If u want DCB only then wait for 6-9 months. So when your Infania offer gets over, u may be offered different card and it can be (may not be) DCB

Missing
Deal Cadet
99
252
4
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

I tried DCB but they said, u r offered Infania so DCB cannot be offered. If u want DCB only then wait for 6-9 months. So when your Infania offer gets over, u may be offered different card and it can be (may not be) DCB

Ohhh.  In that case, definitely go for Infinia. If has good rewards too..

Missing
Deal Cadet
99
252
4
dev007 wrote:

All you pay is the GST of 1800 on the card considering the 10k points you receive after you pay the fee.
If your spends are in a higher range and you know you can reap out all the benefits from this higher rewarding card, then go ahead. This is placed above the diners black card and hdfc seems to be adding more benefits to this card to make it more attractive than the diners black card.
Not many receive this invitation to their super premium card. So do the calculations and go ahead with this card.

Can you please elaborate on additional benefits over diners that Infinia  card has or were recently added to it.

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
195
2532
39
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Can you please elaborate on additional benefits over diners that Infinia  card has or were recently added to it.

Unlimited PP lounge access for both primary and add-on card holders.

Missing
Deal Cadet
99
252
4
Expand
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Unlimited PP lounge access for both primary and add-on card holders.

Thanks .. In this case, I am good with DCB. PP does not have any benefit for me as don’t travel too much.

111
Deal Cadet
155
284
13

I have an invitation to upgrade from money back to infinia
Pls suggest

Current money back card is LTF and limit of 12L
Infinia will attract 10k annual charges
I rarely travel only useful seems to be 10x offer

Is it worth to upgrade?

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4
great wrote:

I have an invitation to upgrade from money back to infinia
Pls suggest

Current money back card is LTF and limit of 12L
Infinia will attract 10k annual charges
I rarely travel only useful seems to be 10x offer

Is it worth to upgrade?

One of the best cc in India with default reward rate of 3.3%. The annual fee is waived off on 8lacs spends. Must have for travellers (unlimited lounge & accelerated points on Vistara)

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
266
1
Expand
hiteshu wrote:

I tried DCB but they said, u r offered Infania so DCB cannot be offered. If u want DCB only then wait for 6-9 months. So when your Infania offer gets over, u may be offered different card and it can be (may not be) DCB

Lazy hdfc staff reply. Forward an email to nodal officer. You’d be instanly issued a black card.

Missing