Octroi - Pune

Octroi - Pune

163°
Missing
Deal Newbie
75
92
6

Hello Dimers!

I need advice on how do i Save Octroi in Pune! I live in PCMC Area and work in Kharadi.

If anyone can please tell me any NON – Octroi Zone in Pune, I would really appreciate that.

The reason I wanna save on Octroi is cause I ordered a Hard Disk and Phone and had to pay a ridiculous amount of Octroi for both the Items!

If someone can throw some light on this, please do.

Thank you

Ravi

10 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Re
Deal Cadet
138
187
15
ravsterr wrote:

Hello Dimers!

I need advice on how do i Save Octroi in Pune! I live in PCMC Area and work in Kharadi.

If anyone can please tell me any NON – Octroi Zone in Pune, I would really appreciate that.

The reason I wanna save on Octroi is cause I ordered a Hard Disk and Phone and had to pay a ridiculous amount of Octroi for both the Items!

If someone can throw some light on this, please do.

Thank you

Ravi


You have two options.
1. Purchase only from those shopping websites who refunds octroi such as Infibeam, Shopclues, Pepperfry, Jabong, Futurebazaar etc.
2. Have your shipping address outside PMC or PCMC limits such as Hinjewadi, Wagholi etc.

PS. Local Body Tax (LBT) will be enforced from 01-Apr-2013 and I guess then we may not need to pay these hidden taxes for online shopping. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Happy thumbs up
Deal Cadet
1
349
27
deal_x wrote:

Purchase only from those shopping websites who refunds octroi such as Infibeam, Shopclues, Pepperfry, Jabong, Futurebazaar etc.


What do you mean by they refund octroi? Can you please explain how this works?

Outlook
Deal Cadet
127
450
44

I live in Baner.. Even i have to pay ridiculous amt of octroi to bluedart…. Avoid ordering from ebay

Centurions
Shopping Friend
121
14696
605

do you work at EON IT Park by any chance ?

Centurions
Shopping Friend
121
14696
605
mayur wrote:

I live in Baner.. Even i have to pay ridiculous amt of octroi to bluedart…. Avoid ordering from ebay


Yeah bluedart is the only courier which is attracting octroi.,.. i guess we have to tell sellers to use other couriers

Ogaaagceyi3oju f grunthqgugdumnel814k6gremgqnosaqmbx zpyjn30naggx0bbnjtb6ozvf0on65ky3b0ib40am1t1uosd1otz33eyiibenovkzweyqhob
Deal Subedar
457
2136
169

even FedEX charges octroi for me in Pune. is that true we will not need to pay octroi from 1 April?

Big dancing banana smiley emoticon
Deal Major
53
24230
253

may be that’s y tradus mega deals are not shipping to pune.

Centurions
Shopping Friend
121
14696
605
vicky10 wrote:

even FedEX charges octroi for me in Pune. is that true we will not need to pay octroi from 1 April?


i think BMC is planning to abolish it but thats not related to pune

edit

its not actually going but getting replaced by something called local body tax

Missing
Deal Newbie
75
92
6

yes, I work in EON IT Park. Can i order it in office? will it save Octroi?

All 1 foreign 0 ap 2492674f
Analyst
72
18205
249
desidim3r wrote:

deal_x wrote:

Purchase only from those shopping websites who refunds octroi such as Infibeam, Shopclues, Pepperfry, Jabong, Futurebazaar etc.


What do you mean by they refund octroi? Can you please explain how this works?


Ok dats why courier guy will sumtimes takes the bill ovr package…i asked he replied same that Octroi wapas ho jata hai site see

Missing