Only electric vehicles to be produced in India ...

Only electric vehicles to be produced in India after 2030 ?

170°
Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar

I was reading news about some company eBikeGo launching electric bike on rentals in Delhi claiming to reduce pollution…and I found some news related to this topic

https://qrius.com/electric-vehicles-india...0/
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnatak...#!
These are 1 year old articles.
I was not aware of this…..

Some Questions >>
1. Are there any electric vehicles available in indian market ? I heard about mahindra e2o only…
2. Which companies are popular for manufacturing of electrical vehicles/equipments ?
3. Is buying shares of such companies a good idea..? still 11 years left to 2030

28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Thumbimgcrop 1452089630991
Deal Subedar

Ather 450
Okinowa i- praise
Still many are there. I think ather is best in terms of look and performance.
U can visit www.atherener...om for more details.

Images
Deal Subedar

This is India brother. A decade back there was Vision 2020, Power for all, Mumbai the next Shanghai.. Now nobody recalls those, because government changed, vision become 2030… These long term projects are just marketing gimmicks and false promises. Nobody sincerely put efforts to keep the record straight. Bas sarkar bach jaaye yehi maqsad hai..

You will still find obsolete cars running. So saying electric bikes only by 2030 is like another selling gimmick.

Kgf
Deal Subedar

No way. India will become the manufacturing hub of Asia in the next 2 decades. So, it will require all kinds of technologies. The goal is to make atleast 30% new vehicle sales electric. Considering the rapid growth in electric tech, its going to make a lot of financial sense to ditch petroleum powered vehicles in 5-10 years for a massive number of people in India. Then, there would be an automatic increase in demand for electric vehicles in India and the industry will change to suit that need.

PS: There are a lot of electric scooters around and are getting bought by people. Okinawa is a popular one among the masses right now. Ather is only popular among the rich and upper middle class. Hero Electric is there as well. Mahindra and Tata have come out with electric cars for the government, mostly. Aside from these, many new companies are coming with electric scooters this year in India.
I have been to many Ather conferences. They don’t know when they will recover the cost of research and development and hope they will break even in 5-6 years. They want more middle class youngsters to buy their product. They consider themselves the Apple of electric scooters.

Suhani
Deal Cadet

Even we didnt expected such a rapid increase in Data usage by indians. Just a strong support from Big Business Magnets required to put hands behind the EV’s. They will become super success. And day by day Batteries price is decreasing and their efficiency is increasing.. So hope EV’s will become best alternative for current vehicles so that Pollution will be under control..

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Asankhya wrote:

This is India brother. A decade back there was Vision 2020, Power for all, Mumbai the next Shanghai.. Now nobody recalls those, because government changed, vision become 2030… These long term projects are just marketing gimmicks and false promises. Nobody sincerely put efforts to keep the record straight. Bas sarkar bach jaaye yehi maqsad hai..

You will still find obsolete cars running. So saying electric bikes only by 2030 is like another selling gimmick.

Some Facts >>
According to WHO, India is part of 13 out of 20 most air polluted global cities in the world.
More than 1 million people per year die in our country due to Air toxicity.

In 2017…
In support of paris climate agreement, our govt agreed that by 2030, only electric cars will be produced.
Government claimed that 37% carbon emissions will get reduced by 2030 due to electric vehicles.

In 2018…
Our govt announced to roll out of 10000 electric vehicles by end of 2018. Somehow govt delayed this plan and shifted to 2019..
Government also said that they are looking at charging infrastructure and policy framework to have 30% of vehicles in India from existing 100% target of electric vehicles by 2030..

Considering all this.. at least we can say that govt is going to promote electric vehicles ?

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar

after 2029, next vision will be 2040 lol

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Imharsh wrote:

after 2029, next vision will be 2040 lol

joy..
I am thinking now like I have unnecessarily created this topic.
Needed answer for 3rd query sweat_smile
Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
G-Gowda wrote:

No way. India will become the manufacturing hub of Asia in the next 2 decades. So, it will require all kinds of technologies. The goal is to make atleast 30% new vehicle sales electric. Considering the rapid growth in electric tech, its going to make a lot of financial sense to ditch petroleum powered vehicles in 5-10 years for a massive number of people in India. Then, there would be an automatic increase in demand for electric vehicles in India and the industry will change to suit that need.

PS: There are a lot of electric scooters around and are getting bought by people. Okinawa is a popular one among the masses right now. Ather is only popular among the rich and upper middle class. Hero Electric is there as well. Mahindra and Tata have come out with electric cars for the government, mostly. Aside from these, many new companies are coming with electric scooters this year in India.
I have been to many Ather conferences. They don’t know when they will recover the cost of research and development and hope they will break even in 5-6 years. They want more middle class youngsters to buy their product. They consider themselves the Apple of electric scooters.

Bro, I have checked some e vehicle websites and I guess most of these big companies/startups have their manufacturing locations in karnataka only.
Infact, most companies launched their vehicles preferably in Bangalore..
Bro, have you personally tried any e vehicle?
Any reviews..reliable/convenient to use?
Availablity of charging stations..?
@jesikumar

Cropped48137522356330991
suspended

Our group had made “Segway two wheeler” working model as a final year project. sweat_smile
That works based on the principle of Electric propulsion.
Yes, they are available in Indian market.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
Expand
B4TM4N wrote:

Bro, I have checked some e vehicle websites and I guess most of these big companies/startups have their manufacturing locations in karnataka only.
Infact, most companies launched their vehicles preferably in Bangalore..
Bro, have you personally tried any e vehicle?
Any reviews..reliable/convenient to use?
Availablity of charging stations..?

Yeah, most of the lithium ion battery vehicles are only in bengaLuru for now. I have tried a couple of Okinawa vehicles and Ather. Ather is amazing to ride, but they charge you 10k every year for maintenance and free charging at their designated charging outlets. Charging stations are very less (only in certain localities) and can’t be relied upon. With only around 60-70km range, Ather also costs too much in the first place.
E-scooters are very convenient to use if your daily commute is less than 40kms (10% on either end has to be conserved or battery degrades quickly) and you can charge at home through the night or at work and you have another vehicle for long trips. Okinawa is coming with higher range models of over 150km. I bought a petrol bike last month and was actually trying to buy an e-scooter, but the range was the problem (I travel over 45km most of the week) and I didn’t really like Okinawa scooters. Also did not trust Okinawa since they have been caught fudging the distance meter.

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Yeah, most of the lithium ion battery vehicles are only in bengaLuru for now. I have tried a couple of Okinawa vehicles and Ather. Ather is amazing to ride, but they charge you 10k every year for maintenance and free charging at their designated charging outlets. Charging stations are very less (only in certain localities) and can’t be relied upon. With only around 60-70km range, Ather also costs too much in the first place.
E-scooters are very convenient to use if your daily commute is less than 40kms (10% on either end has to be conserved or battery degrades quickly) and you can charge at home through the night or at work and you have another vehicle for long trips. Okinawa is coming with higher range models of over 150km. I bought a petrol bike last month and was actually trying to buy an e-scooter, but the range was the problem (I travel over 45km most of the week) and I didn’t really like Okinawa scooters. Also did not trust Okinawa since they have been caught fudging the distance meter.

Thanks for the information…
Kg plus1

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Neve_Settle wrote:

Our group had made “Segway two wheeler” working model as a final year project. sweat_smile
That works based on the principle of Electric propulsion.
Yes, they are available in Indian market.

I guess I need to study this topic in depth.. I found some useful info regarding electric vehicles on wikipedia.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicl...
btw, are you an electrical engineer? sweat_smile

Cropped48137522356330991
suspended
Expand
B4TM4N wrote:

I guess I need to study this topic in depth.. I found some useful info regarding electric vehicles on wikipedia.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicl...
btw, are you an electrical engineer? sweat_smile

Good informative link. plus1
No, bro. I am Mechanical engineer by chance and Finance nerd by choice. smile sunglasses

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar

Listed All Types of e Vehicle/Manufacturers in India… point_down

Electric cars >>
1. Mahindra e20Plus
2. Mahindra e-Verito
3. Mahindra e-KUV 100
4. Tata Tigor Electric
5. Tata Tiago Electric

Hybrid cars ( propelled by both fuel engine and electric motor) >>
1. Toyota Prius
2. Toyota Camry Hybrid
3. BMW i8
4. Honda Accord Hybrid

Bikes Manufacturers >>
• Twenty Two Motors
• Ampere vehicles
AVERA New and Renewable Energy Moto Corp Tech Pvt Ltd
• Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd.
• Ather Energy Pvt Ltd
• Heroelectric (Hero Motocorp)
• YoBykes (ELECTROTHERM (INDIA) LTD.)
• Lohia Auto Industries
• Palatino (Xxplore Automotive Pvt Ltd.)
• Tork Motors
• EMflux motors
• Tunwal E Vehicles private limited
BPG
EKO
• OK PLAY
• Rexnamo

Autos Manufacturers >>
• Volta Motors
• Kinetic Green
• Gayam Motor Works
REEP Industries – REEP Motors
• Mahindra electric
• Ampere Vehicles
• Go Green BOV
• OK play
• Atul Auto Ltd.

Buses >>
1. Ashok Leyland Electric
2. Starbus Electric 9m by Tata Motors

Battery Manufacturers >>
1. Exide Industries
2. Amara Raja Batteries (Amaron)

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
B4TM4N wrote:
joy..
I am thinking now like I have unnecessarily created this topic.
Needed answer for 3rd query sweat_smile

OP is more interested in trading shares for profit than in future of electric vehicles in India. Someone pls advise him on that point joy

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Expand
I3leed wrote:

OP is more interested in trading shares for profit than in future of electric vehicles in India. Someone pls advise him on that point joy

laughing laughing
I want to encash this opportunity..
thats why created topic..
Noted your point.
Images
Deal Subedar
B4TM4N wrote:

…Tunwal..

Yesterday, I spotted a Tunwal electric bike on road. Is there any exchange offer working on any of these electric vehicles. Need to upgrade from/ get rid of my Honda Dio.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

Yesterday, I spotted a Tunwal electric bike on road. Is there any exchange offer working on any of these electric vehicles. Need to upgrade from/ get rid of my Honda Dio.

Hero Electric is giving extra 6000rs additional discount on older ICE two wheelers when you exchange them for their EVs. Do check around Hero showrooms in your city.

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

No idea bro..
I am only aware of mahindra [email protected]
He can answer your question.

Images
Deal Subedar
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Hero Electric is giving extra 6000rs additional discount on older ICE two wheelers when you exchange them for their EVs. Do check around Hero showrooms in your city.

Very nice. Thanks, will check this. Also, your KGF Chapter 1 got released on Amazon Prime in Tamil/Telugu. Downloaded, will watch with the help of English subtitles

Kgf
Deal Subedar
Expand
Asankhya wrote:

Very nice. Thanks, will check this. Also, your KGF Chapter 1 got released on Amazon Prime in Tamil/Telugu. Downloaded, will watch with the help of English subtitles

If you are watching with subs, then watch in its original Kannada version. It’s on Amazon prime too. I already watched it last night 😍😂

Cropped1865566971
Deal Subedar

@marketdimer
Please go through this topic.
your suggestions needed.

Hamster
Entertainer
B4TM4N wrote:

@marketdimer
Please go through this topic.
your suggestions needed.

there are many local e-rickshaw makers in india and slowly sales is increasing however two-wheeler doesn’t sell because of slow speed and maintainability, repair problems and seating capacity. baaki to jo hai so hai.

Missing
Deal Cadet
G-Gowda wrote:

what’s your opinion after 1 year seeing the current situation.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Hydrogen cells are far better than batteries when it comes to vehicles but it may take few decades to make them viable.
Batteries are highly polluting to environment and guess where the entire world will send them for recycling ? India and other 3rd world nations.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

what’s your opinion after 1 year seeing the current situation.

No change. 2 decades means 20 years.

Images
hsmhsm wrote:

Hydrogen cells are far better than batteries when it comes to vehicles but it may take few decades to make them viable.
Batteries are highly polluting to environment and guess where the entire world will send them for recycling ? India and other 3rd world nations.

100% Valid point.

Where will they send millions of batteries after usage?
Okay let’s start with … " What will happen to all the old Tesla cars?"

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
marketdimer wrote:

there are many local e-rickshaw makers in india and slowly sales is increasing however two-wheeler doesn’t sell because of slow speed and maintainability, repair problems and seating capacity. baaki to jo hai so hai.

Disagree on the part of slow speed, maintainability, repair problems and sitting capacity.
Using okinawa i praise from 10 months now.
1) Slow speed is a factor in many elecric vehicles but i doesn’ matter in city usuage as i hardly can go above 30-40km because of traffic in bangalore. And this goes to 70km/hr sufficient for me.
2) Hardly any maintenance required apart from regular cleaning.
3) Till now no issue, not spent a dime on repair or maintenance.
4) Capacity i think on scooter or bike only 2 are allowed legally so it definitely has that capacity to sit.
5) Very cost effective, one charge takes only 20-25₹ of electricity and it goes to 150km.
I am happy with my purchase over a traditional petrol one.

Missing