*+++ Pharma companies Offers, to Bribe doctors ...

*+++ Pharma companies Offers, to Bribe doctors +++* + Pharmacy / Medicines +

129°
Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9

Medical representatives have revealed widespread use of bribes, including foreign trips, microwave ovens, expensive smartphones, jewellery and even women, by pharmaceutical companies even as the government drags its feet on a 2016 proposal to bring in a Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices (UCPMP) “with teeth” in the form of penal provisions. In a report on pharmaceutical marketing practices compiled by a public health group Support for Advocacy and Training to Health Initiatives (Sathi), medical representatives (MRs) talked of the tremendous pressure exerted by companies on them through high sales targets. They also revealed how training for MRs is focused less on technical knowledge and more on salesmanship and “management of customer (read doctors) relations”. The report is based on in depth interviews with 50 MRs, areas sales managers, allopathic and Ayush doctors and pharma executives from six cities conducted last year. Though the code of ethics of the Medical Council of India bars doctors from accepting any gifts, cash, travel facilities or hospitality from pharma companies, there are no laws to deal with such corrupt marketing practices. According to the MRs, hardly 10-20% doctors follow the MCI code of ethics, while the rest accept or even demand ‘incentives’ to prescribe products of a company. The most common inducement is the sponsoring of doctors for conferences. In many highvalue deals, such as instalments on the purchase of a car, the company even threatens the doctor if the targeted business (a certain number of prescriptions for a drug) is not achieved, revealed MRs. The report revealed how cash bribes have changed to petrocards, credit cards or e-vouchers for online purchases. MRs visit and promote allopathic drugs to ayurvedic and homeopathic doctors and even rural medical practitioners as long as they help boost sales. According to the report, pharma executives closely monitored business brought in by doctors on whom they spent money. The report pointed out that patient safety is compromised by irrational prescriptions and rampant use of antibiotics due to companies pushing for more sales through such unethical means. 

Copy-Paste source
Times of India

20 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
466
5811
121

This practice is going on for several years sad
Now, even the companies are asking doctors to send the prescription images to them so that they can given better incentives!

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
238
2
xuseronline wrote:

This practice is going on for several years sad
Now, even the companies are asking doctors to send the prescription images to them so that they can given better incentives!

Doctors will not share the prescription like that as they are aware of its implications.

They are supposed to write generics names now. Very few follow it though. On top of it, sharing the prescription with someone is even more risky for a doctor.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
Expand
santosh_blr wrote:

Doctors will not share the prescription like that as they are aware of its implications.

They are supposed to write generics names now. Very few follow it though. On top of it, sharing the prescription with someone is even more risky for a doctor.


Many General / Family physicians do write generic names of medicines, if requested.

But the specialists and hospital ones, in rarest case will write generic names.
If we repeatedly ask them to , they just bluntly say we will not be responsible, or say generic  won’t work.
They just say in a way we  are afraid to think generic then.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Common man , good morning .

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
238
2
Expand
Common-man wrote:


Many General / Family physicians do write generic names of medicines, if requested.

But the specialists and hospital ones, in rarest case will write generic names.
If we repeatedly ask them to , they just bluntly say we will not be responsible, or say generic  won’t work.
They just say in a way we  are afraid to think generic then.

Yes. My point was about sharing prescriptions..

Missing
Deal Cadet
115
583
4
Expand
Common-man wrote:


Many General / Family physicians do write generic names of medicines, if requested.

But the specialists and hospital ones, in rarest case will write generic names.
If we repeatedly ask them to , they just bluntly say we will not be responsible, or say generic  won’t work.
They just say in a way we  are afraid to think generic then.

Dr have got the solution for it
now they sell medicine them self which they get from pharma companies at steep discount of over 60% and tell patient that these medicine may not be available outside
and lure them by offering 10/15 discount on MRP
on achieving target they get all these nonsense incentive like free weekend party food movie trip etc

Missing
suspended
50
354
3
xuseronline wrote:

This practice is going on for several years sad
Now, even the companies are asking doctors to send the prescription images to them so that they can given better incentives!

not to be pedantic
but you spelt decades wrong😛🤐
yeh tou.. internet se bhi pehle se chala aa raha hai
(yes that same internet, which was there even at the time of Yudhishthir and Suyodhan)

world’s oldest profession ≈ ‘the idea of selling’ by doing whatever it takes (by @ hook or by @crook )

World’s second oldest profession https://links.desidime.com/?ref=forums&url=http... is far less offensive than selling/marketing (according to some).

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
466
5811
121
Expand
santosh_blr wrote:

Doctors will not share the prescription like that as they are aware of its implications.

They are supposed to write generics names now. Very few follow it though. On top of it, sharing the prescription with someone is even more risky for a doctor.

I have seen several doing this in Delhi.
This is my personal exp buddy!

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
Expand
meragoyou153 wrote:

Dr have got the solution for it
now they sell medicine them self which they get from pharma companies at steep discount of over 60% and tell patient that these medicine may not be available outside
and lure them by offering 10/15 discount on MRP
on achieving target they get all these nonsense incentive like free weekend party food movie trip etc

Yeah some do sell , infact there  are also  the free ones ( samples ) .
They directly are connected to the near by pharmacy / medical store , they prescribe medicines and direct patients to buy from there saying its only available there

Missing
Deal Cadet
6
915
10

There is a diabetes doctor i know, his deal with the pharma company is that he gets 30% cut in the insulin he prescribes upto Total ₹1lakh sale/per month and for sales above ₹1lk he gets 70%.
Now ethically this bad but from business perspective this a sweet deal (for the doctor).
And this money is not directly given to the doctor, instead they channel it through another mediums for example if in some conference the doctor is to get 30k for the lecture than the company will make it 100k.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

I have seen several doing this in Delhi.
This is my personal exp buddy!

Maybe , there are always exceptional cases, but such things can put the doctor in legal troubles.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
tank_u_m8 wrote:

There is a diabetes doctor i know, his deal with the pharma company is that he gets 30% cut in the insulin he prescribes upto Total ₹1lakh sale/per month and for sales above ₹1lk he gets 70%.
Now ethically this bad but from business perspective this a sweet deal (for the doctor).
And this money is not directly given to the doctor, instead they channel it through another mediums for example if in some conference the doctor is to get 30k for the lecture than the company will make it 100k.

Doctors are businessman now.

Missing
Deal Cadet
6
915
10
Expand
Common-man wrote:

Doctors are businessman now.

Ofcourse, one reason is that they study till they are 30 y.o. for Masters and for super specialist it can go upto 32-35 years of age and the fees are extravagant, one of my friend who had average marks had to pay around 1cr donation in the form of mbbs tuition fees. Now this just tuition fees other costs are not included in this.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

Ofcourse, one reason is that they study till they are 30 y.o. for Masters and for super specialist it can go upto 32-35 years of age and the fees are extravagant, one of my friend who had average marks had to pay around 1cr donation in the form of mbbs tuition fees. Now this just tuition fees other costs are not included in this.

1 cr tution fees for average marks is justified , i would rather say infact its two low , only acers should be allowed further.

Missing
Deal Subedar
477
1150
24
xuseronline wrote:

This practice is going on for several years sad
Now, even the companies are asking doctors to send the prescription images to them so that they can given better incentives!

Yes, in some private clinics they stalk patients for the same. Often times the patient buys from a medicine store adjacent to the clinic. MR would simply go there n try to persuade patient to share the prescription, by taking a photo

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
208
942
9
Expand
bikidas2060580 wrote:

Yes, in some private clinics they stalk patients for the same. Often times the patient buys from a medicine store adjacent to the clinic. MR would simply go there n try to persuade patient to share the prescription, by taking a photo

Yes patients often and most probably goes to adjacent stores but there are no MR at medical stores asking for prescriptions photos,  at least i have never seen them and they need not , they  calculate according to the medicine sale in the area itself

Missing
Deal Subedar
477
1150
24
Expand
Common-man wrote:

Yes patients often and most probably goes to adjacent stores but there are no MR at medical stores asking for prescriptions photos,  at least i have never seen them and they need not , they  calculate according to the medicine sale in the area itself

It happens. Maybe you don’t know about it.
Edit: it’s a very dirty cat n mouse game

Cropped 1817173261
Coupon Baba
31
8045
121

Everyone has to pay for their karma one day
Whether its good or bad..

378999 117755788342244 1726047651 n
Deal Newbie
50
48
2

oh come on dont be cry baby everytime. which profession run without cut comission go to lic office richest company they loot u like fools in crores.banks pay hefty charges and commission for selling third class products.mf managers gets exotic foreign trips for investing debt and equity of any company. dhfl siphoned off crores of rupees.in name of home loans. collectors and high ranks administrative officers collects envelops from every dept under them worth crore every day.politicians no need to elabrote are traded like horses worth 10 crores min per horse.how many listed hospitals are in nifty 50.answer is none.

i have seen struggles of doctors 24 * 7 its a noble profession with very few exceptions .so chill

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
112
0

Not all “doctors” are the same. Action needs to be taken on these MRs and pharmaceutical companies, that are corporate giants.
A doctors studies for 10+ years to become the junior most doctor and further 10 to 15 years of practice to become a consultant at 40-45 years old.
Not every doctors gets in this trap set up by these companies. Rather than singling out individual doctors, action should be taken at the root cause which are the MRs and these companies who have no accountability.
Doctors also don’t get anything from the hospital bill which the patients pay, apart from their fee.

Missing