Please help in getting Justice

Please help in getting Justice

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 8 Votes: 8
Blxk teecc
Deal Subedar
6
140
2724
60

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine was run over and pulled by a car until his death. He was a cycclist by profession and was preparing for Ironman Triathlon when he met with this accident.

His wife is running this petition amd we want to get justice for him.

Can everyone please help by signing and sharing this link?

https://www.change.org/p/dr-jayshreeben-mehta-p...

15 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Img 20170402 wa0018
Deal Captain
76
3,120
7680
176

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@Lala wrote:

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….


What? Did Salman Khan struggle so hard only to avoid a three month stay in jail? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Img 20170402 wa0018
Deal Captain
76
3,120
7680
176
@Magus wrote:


@Lala wrote:

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….


What? Did Salman Khan struggle so hard only to avoid a three month stay in jail? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bro AFAIK cant sure…..but salman khan case was hit and run plus 2 or 3 were killed also ….

Img 20170402 wa0018
Deal Captain
76
3,120
7680
176

भाई आँख मैं असु आ गए पड़ के ।

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@Lala wrote:

@Magus wrote:


@Lala wrote:

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….


What? Did Salman Khan struggle so hard only to avoid a three month stay in jail? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bro AFAIK cant sure…..but salman khan case was hit and run plus 2 or 3 were killed also ….

Cases of rash driving or driving on footpaths can be booked under section 279 of IPC. If proven guilty, the accused will face a minimum of six years of imprisonment or/and pay hefty fines. However the accused can get bail.

Death caused by a negligent act can be booked under section 304(A) of IPC. Punishment includes minimum of two years of imprisonment and/or paying of fines. In such cases also, the accused is eligible to get bail.

An accident, severely injuring the victim, thus endangering his life or a rash act coming in the way of personal safety of others, can be booked under section 338 of IPC. The accused will face a minimum of two years of imprisonment along with fine; he is again eligible to get bail.

Under Sections 134(A) and (B) of the IMV Act, the accused can get punishment, varying from three months to three years, and he is liable to pay compensation to the victims.

According to section 187of IMV Act, punishment for offences related to accident, include a prison term of minimum three years, or/and a fine. This is also a bailable offence.

Blxk teecc
Deal Subedar
6
140
2724
60
@Magus wrote:

@Lala wrote:

@Magus wrote:


@Lala wrote:

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….


What? Did Salman Khan struggle so hard only to avoid a three month stay in jail? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bro AFAIK cant sure…..but salman khan case was hit and run plus 2 or 3 were killed also ….

Cases of rash driving or driving on footpaths can be booked under section 279 of IPC. If proven guilty, the accused will face a minimum of six years of imprisonment or/and pay hefty fines. However the accused can get bail.

Death caused by a negligent act can be booked under section 304(A) of IPC. Punishment includes minimum of two years of imprisonment and/or paying of fines. In such cases also, the accused is eligible to get bail.

An accident, severely injuring the victim, thus endangering his life or a rash act coming in the way of personal safety of others, can be booked under section 338 of IPC. The accused will face a minimum of two years of imprisonment along with fine; he is again eligible to get bail.

Under Sections 134(A) and (B) of the IMV Act, the accused can get punishment, varying from three months to three years, and he is liable to pay compensation to the victims.

According to section 187of IMV Act, punishment for offences related to accident, include a prison term of minimum three years, or/and a fine. This is also a bailable offence.


Thank you @Magus for all the information. Much appreciated.

Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2672
34
@Magus wrote:

Cases of rash driving or driving on footpaths can be booked under section 279 of IPC. If proven guilty, the accused will face a minimum of six years of imprisonment or/and pay hefty fines. However the accused can get bail.

Death caused by a negligent act can be booked under section 304(A) of IPC. Punishment includes minimum of two years of imprisonment and/or paying of fines. In such cases also, the accused is eligible to get bail.

An accident, severely injuring the victim, thus endangering his life or a rash act coming in the way of personal safety of others, can be booked under section 338 of IPC. The accused will face a minimum of two years of imprisonment along with fine; he is again eligible to get bail.

Under Sections 134(A) and (B) of the IMV Act, the accused can get punishment, varying from three months to three years, and he is liable to pay compensation to the victims.

According to section 187of IMV Act, punishment for offences related to accident, include a prison term of minimum three years, or/and a fine. This is also a bailable offence.


Good info.
Petition signed.
Its sheer injustice to victims, laws must be updated n should be more severe.

Swamivivekananda1
Deal Lieutenant
6
210
3385
42
@Lala wrote:

Bro I will sign this petition….. But does this will help u in getting justice…..

As It was a car accident AFAIK the car owner will get only 3 months jail….


bro there is difference in car accident and murder . and now new motor vehicle act there so 10 times penalty in cash even if you dont follow rules like using helmet , drunk driving , crossing red lights . hope there should be video graphy too at popular areas for accident .

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
276
4668
65
@Stupendous Man wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandig...


This is a 3 month old incident..what’s the current status? @DarkBot

Maybe the connections playing the part? But the petition says he ran away and this newspaper claims something else.

According to the police, Kumar (the doctor) took Gupta to Sector 6 hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Images
Critic
0
387
9480
99
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@Stupendous Man wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandig...


This is a 3 month old incident..what’s the current status? @DarkBot

Maybe the connections playing the part? But the petition says he ran away and this newspaper claims something else.

According to the police, Kumar (the doctor) took Gupta to Sector 6 hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

‘According to the police’ that you shouldn’t ever believe…have been at receiving end of a road accident myself and police denied in the report that they escorted me to the hospital hence diluting the whole case.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
276
4668
65
@Stupendous Man wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@Stupendous Man wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandig...


This is a 3 month old incident..what’s the current status? @DarkBot

Maybe the connections playing the part? But the petition says he ran away and this newspaper claims something else.

According to the police, Kumar (the doctor) took Gupta to Sector 6 hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

‘According to the police’ that you shouldn’t ever believe…have been at receiving end of a road accident myself and police denied in the report that they escorted me to the hospital hence diluting the whole case.


Yeah they will be so smart in getting such things done on the day of the accident itself. The victims would be concerned about something else and wouldn’t have seen such details in the report. Now the petition’s claims of the doc running away would be tough to prove.

Blxk teecc
Deal Subedar
6
140
2724
60
@ranjithsai01 wrote:


@Stupendous Man wrote:


@ranjithsai01 wrote:


@Stupendous Man wrote:


@Navneet wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandig...


This is a 3 month old incident..what’s the current status? @DarkBot


Maybe the connections playing the part? But the petition says he ran away and this newspaper claims something else.

According to the police, Kumar (the doctor) took Gupta to Sector 6 hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

‘According to the police’ that you shouldn’t ever believe…have been at receiving end of a road accident myself and police denied in the report that they escorted me to the hospital hence diluting the whole case.


Yeah they will be so smart in getting such things done on the day of the accident itself. The victims would be concerned about something else and wouldn’t have seen such details in the report. Now the petition’s claims of the doc running away would be tough to prove.


Current status is that his wife is still waiting for the hearing and the accused is out on bail.

Images
Critic
0
387
9480
99
@DarkBot wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:


@Stupendous Man wrote:


@ranjithsai01 wrote:


@Stupendous Man wrote:


@Navneet wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandig...


This is a 3 month old incident..what’s the current status? @DarkBot


Maybe the connections playing the part? But the petition says he ran away and this newspaper claims something else.

According to the police, Kumar (the doctor) took Gupta to Sector 6 hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

‘According to the police’ that you shouldn’t ever believe…have been at receiving end of a road accident myself and police denied in the report that they escorted me to the hospital hence diluting the whole case.


Yeah they will be so smart in getting such things done on the day of the accident itself. The victims would be concerned about something else and wouldn’t have seen such details in the report. Now the petition’s claims of the doc running away would be tough to prove.


Current status is that his wife is still waiting for the hearing and the accused is out on bail.

No one can do anything…Welcome to Indian Justice Department…People get instant bail for shooting point blank in broad daylight for over nothing…What I did in my case was kept the case alive for 3 years and let the SOB keep spending money and time around courts on each hearing date and I never appeared till he and his brother came to me begging for mercy. But atleast I survived this a-hole killed her husband nothing can fill her loss.

Missing