Purchased a new laptop from Amazon during prime...

Purchased a new laptop from Amazon during prime day but its warranty started in Oct 2018 on dell website

51°
Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar

I purchased a new dell laptop in this Prime sale.

I checked its warranty on dell website using its service tag and it says that product was shipped on 30 Oct 2018 and Warranty will expire on Nov 01, 2019

Anyone has any similar experience. Will dell consider warranty from Amazon invoice date? I will contact Amazon tomorrow

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

Does laptop looks new? seller name please

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
Guy_Next_Door wrote:

Does laptop looks new? seller name please

Laptop is sealed pack and seller name is Appario Business (I think seller is Amazon itself) ..I googled about this issue and got one link where US customers are discussing that Dell will reset retail purchase warranty etc. I will ask Amazon care to reset warranty.

Missing
Deal Subedar

Just mail them with invoice warranty will be updated by them

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
animesh7785474 wrote:

Just mail them with invoice warranty will be updated by them

should i mail Dell or Amazon? and have you experienced something like this yourself

Missing
Deal Cadet

Don’t worry about warranty. customer support will rectify it. But there could be chances that manufacturer has sent used product back to market. because warranty on sites are posted by scanning bar code(serial number), there can’t be any mistake. moreover even returned products of apple are sold by themselves(apple) on their site but it’s mentioned refurbished over there since loss is simply too much to take.
There was one case in flipkart, user received laptop with user profile already made in windows, warranty date lagging by year. The moment he complained to hp, they cleared records for his laptop in there database and rectified his warranty date. Brands are getting shady these days.
it’s only speculation from my side. I don’t know the truth

Missing
Deal Newbie

Same thing happened to me….. warranty is showing me only 320 days instead of 365 days….btw i bought it from Flipkart

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
Guy_Next_Door wrote:

Don’t worry about warranty. customer support will rectify it. But there could be chances that manufacturer has sent used product back to market. because warranty on sites are posted by scanning bar code(serial number), there can’t be any mistake. moreover even returned products of apple are sold by themselves(apple) on their site but it’s mentioned refurbished over there since loss is simply too much to take.
There was one case in flipkart, user received laptop with user profile already made in windows, warranty date lagging by year. The moment he complained to hp, they cleared records for his laptop in there database and rectified his warranty date. Brands are getting shady these days.
it’s only speculation from my side. I don’t know the truth

Thanks for the detailed post smile

I will chat with Amazon in morning and see what they have to say. I will update the thread then.

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
Lm10 wrote:

Same thing happened to me….. warranty is showing me only 320 days instead of 365 days….btw i bought it from Flipkart

Have you contacted flipkart customer support regarding this?

I got this link from google search and i will wait and check what amazon support will say regarding warranty.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-...

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
micke wrote:

should i mail Dell or Amazon? and have you experienced something like this yourself

Mail to dell cc with amazon purchased invoice….
Have experienced it with lenovo…
Matter solved in 2 days.

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
Expand
animesh7785474 wrote:

Mail to dell cc with amazon purchased invoice….
Have experienced it with lenovo…
Matter solved in 2 days.

Thank you smile

Missing
suspended
Expand
micke wrote:

tomorrow I will call and ask Amazon care to reset warranty.

well good luck with that (if at all) being done prior to the return by date.
don’t know what the joygerness of people here in deleting posts is.
but there was a similar discussion between @LImbo and @AnnamalaiNryaa with some more replies {{cough}}
but deleted now.
though not for laptops, in similar category products, sometimes it took them (ASSPL, CIPL) over a month for information to go via their vendor, up the distribution chain and to the brand for correct dates to reflect.
the slobs (and barely out of teens) that some of the new student recruits are, in their various functions including highest points of escalations within CSD, on most times they’ll simply buy time as internal communications lie unattended.

unless you put your foot down and immediately have the order annotated with ‘customer wants return request’ for xyz reasons, you’d have the 15th August sale pass by and them too busy to help.
for the xyz reasons, might as well use recorded e-mails citing ‘breach of trust’ fraud in discharging the contract with ‘wilful neglect: ’deceit’ or such jargons.
have had to write/speak separately with the brand, sellers and the marketplace and pin them under each others versions.

@micke irrespective of you wanting to get a return request raised, rest assured they will not actually pick it and simply buy time.
for starters, you should talk/e-mail directly with escl. or ECR and have them annotate the order and have them raise the TT (Trouble Ticket) to the correct team/dept.
there is a strange system or fad with desi physical channels having to prove certain imports/sales get noted under their name (for warranty or sales figures purposes?).
THAT is often where such pre-registration stems from, when all SKUs get documented and recorded even prior to reaching the retailers.
I may not ne entire correct on this, but I am also not entirely mistaken.
no matter what, unlike what @AnnamalaiNryaa hadsuggested to Limbo on his flash mem purchases, for the likes of them Goliaths like Amazon, Walmart… would never be advisable to let them off the hook (by photos hoping, editing invoices on your own) if one has time and patience to deal on things.
Cloudtail Appario, like PSUs simply let third party vendors do even inventory management, uploading as also sourcing of sale items.
thus unless they too are informed (repeatedly by all users/victims) they too won’t straighten out the processes.
it is likely that Appario’s vendor is a usual Redington or some such distributor from the physical distribution network who might have (by lapse or intentionally) let some stock slip into the digital distribution network.
do alert all counterparties parallelly with everything in black and white, so as to get things tight and leave less maneuverability for either of them to squeeze out by saying ‘the other will do’.
(if needed, lie .that so and so already responded that they might not accommodate contractual service requests beyond what date it shows on their portals).
unless of-course you are okay with a residual three month warranty, that too registered under sone entity of their retail channel (or worse, some other individual/business end-user).
$omebody shoot me in my gonads, if some maniac chooses to delete this comment too (as opposed to it being approved and made live)
unfortunately, unlike [email protected] which has accountable staff on their Bengaluru phone lines or e-mail, the structure of Appario is mysteriously opaque and unresponsive confused fake e-mail address http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/viewCompanyMa... and numbers don’t help either http://appario.in/cont...us

Missing
suspended

just write to them
they will cross check and fix soon

Download
Deal Cadet

my friend had similar experience, Warranty mentioned on website is issued during shipping the product from china to India..
They have given him different link where he could verify valid details.

Missing