Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' smashes all box office r...

Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' smashes all box office records, earns Rs 250 crore in India on first day

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 13 Votes: 13
Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,270
45,728
66445
678

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/279385/medium/3485988Kabali-Tamil-2016-500x500.jpg?1480970018

CHENNAI: Megastar Rajinikanth-starrer gangster drama “Kabali” has collected a record Rs 250 crore on its first day, producers have said.

The Tamil language film, which released worldwide yesterday amid much fan frenzy, has earned Rs 100 crore from theatres in Tamil Nadu itself.

“In India, the film has earned Rs 250 crore, which includes Rs 100 crore from Tamil Nadu and Rs 150 crore from places outside the state in India,” read a statement from the makers.

“Kabali” was released in approximately 8000-10000 screens all over the world, which includes 480 screens in the US, 490 in Malaysia and above 500 in Gulf countries.

The film has also released in UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Denmark, Holland, Sweden, South Africa and Nigeria.

“It has earned approximately Rs 100 crore worldwide,” the statement added.

Kabali earns $2 million from US and Canada premeires

“Kabali”, directed by Pa Ranjith, also stars Radhika Apte, Dhanshika and Kalaiarasan in key roles. The movie has been produced by ‘Kalaipuli’ S Thanu.

“It is the best collection an Indian actor has ever had. It shows that there is only one superstar and that is Rajinikanth,” Thanu said.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow...

63 Comments  |  
29 Dimers
 20170729 105713
Budding Star
36
0
15934
194

Yes https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif its Rajni Style https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
137
676
4

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

286 907
Deal Major
1
12
28094
182

@Kabali da

Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,270
45,728
66445
678
@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .


bro, it was screened on 10,000 screens worldwide https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,270
45,728
66445
678
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@Kabali da


neruppu daaa!!! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Analyst
775
4,877
38619
240
@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.

Shiva
Deal Major
125
94
15508
130
@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc.

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Analyst
775
4,877
38619
240
@Navneet wrote:


@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc. It

Hmm..but it says

“In India, the film has earned Rs 250 crore, which includes Rs 100 crore from Tamil Nadu and Rs 150 crore from places outside the state in India,” read a statement from the makers. 

Shiva
Deal Major
125
94
15508
130
@avgn wrote:

@Navneet wrote:


@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc. It

Hmm..but it says

“In India, the film has earned Rs 250 crore, which includes Rs 100 crore from Tamil Nadu and Rs 150 crore from places outside the state in India,” read a statement from the makers. 


These reporters are sick https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif
Without research they just publish the articles https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
137
676
4
@Navneet wrote:

@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc.


even if someone includes premier shows , pre release earnings also the figure they are quoting is too much to believe . Bogus amount . A top lie . https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Shiva
Deal Major
125
94
15508
130
@vns11 wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc.


even if someone includes premier shows , pre release earnings also the figure they are quoting is too much to believe . Bogus amount . A top lie . https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Well i read day before yesterday that Movie’s Budget was ₹100 crore and even before release, the damn movie earned 200 crores via selling satellite rights/distribution rights https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabali_...m)

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/279444/medium/34860412.jpg?1480970036

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/279457/medium/348604124.jpg?1480970041

Rajini sir is 65, i think this is right time to launch our grandfathers in Bollywood https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229

@rajrocks The Hindu Tamil ends its review thus:
“It has come out neither as a Rajni movie nor as a Ranjit movie.”
Haven’t watched the movie yet but I guess they are right. Who cares how much it earns? There are many dumbos all around the world, after all. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

286 907
Deal Major
1
12
28094
182
@Magus wrote:

@rajrocks The Hindu Tamil ends its review thus:
“It has come out neither as a Rajni movie nor as a Ranjit movie.”
Haven’t watched the movie yet but I guess they are right. Who cares how much it earns? There are many dumbos all around the world, after all. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


friday morning 6am wokeup, saw a message in whatsup… kabali hd print watch it.. i was like https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif …. it was really a gud print https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,270
45,728
66445
678
@Magus wrote:

@rajrocks The Hindu Tamil ends its review thus:
“It has come out neither as a Rajni movie nor as a Ranjit movie.”
Haven’t watched the movie yet but I guess they are right. Who cares how much it earns? There are many dumbos all around the world, after all. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


bro, its all abt rajni & his style. also movie after movie expectations are sky rocketing even though he is 65 but still he acts awesome https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Premam first look.jpg.image.784.410 1491053822386
Entertainer
15
855
21952
209

This is pure fake https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif
Kabali grosses 85crs worlwide
though it crossed the previous record of baahubali 73 crs (opening day collection)
Cc: @Magus

286 907
Deal Major
1
12
28094
182
@Tejaa wrote:

This is pure fake https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif
Kabali grosses 85crs worlwide
though it crossed the previous record of baahubali 73 crs (opening day collection)
Cc: @Magus


i think, this would be correct https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Premam first look.jpg.image.784.410 1491053822386
Entertainer
15
855
21952
209

No screenplay and ranjith is not a sensible director,
Only shankar can give a Blockbuster to Rajani sir, Waiting for ROBO 2

Missing
Deal Newbie
1
80
82
1

மகிழ்ச்சி

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@Tejaa wrote:

No screenplay and ranjith is not a sensible director,
Only shankar can give a Blockbuster to Rajani sir, Waiting for ROBO 2



Shankar and sensibility! Are you serious? He is the one of the most stupid directors here. What a joke he made of 3 Idiots! Even street magicians are better in captivating people’s attention. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

On the other hand, Ranjit is a sensible director. You would know that if you had watched Madras. Guess he had to compromise things for Rajni. In my opinion, these fellows should not go to big shots. After all, who will save Indian cinema from the likes of Rajni? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@rajrocks wrote:

bro, its all abt rajni & his style. also movie after movie expectations are sky rocketing even though he is 65 but still he acts awesome https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif



How old are you, grandpa? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
137
676
4

To add, the movie is about Tamil problems in Malaysia . The subject loses its meaning when it is dubbed into telugu or hindi.
The dubbed versions of this subject makes no sense . People other than tamil will find it damn difficult to sit through complete movie . They didnt release a trailer of this movie which is a plus point for producer because the teaser created so much hype and trailer would have given idea about subject to audience limiting its collections .
Anyways , non tamils will not be entertained for the ticket price but my state telugu people contributed more than half of tamilnadu collections . https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
On the other hand, our baahubali got good collections only from hindi and telugu . Not from tamil. , Kabaali broke our baahubali records which is sad https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
85
2328
27

its 53-55 crores kuch bhi fekhte hai producers

Swamivivekananda1
Deal Lieutenant
6
210
3385
42
@Navneet wrote:

@avgn wrote:

@Navneet wrote:


@avgn wrote:

@vns11 wrote:

vinevadu unte cheppe vadu edina chepputhadu . abhadham adina athikinattu undali . meeru chese bajana ni nammali.

Translation : A lie should be of believable .

While the media is reporting 40-50 crore, the producers are saying 250 crore https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
A quote from an article :

Since ticket prices in Tamil Nadu cannot be more than Rs 120, these figures are highly fantastical. To put it into perspective, a multiplex ticket in north India is priced anywhere between Rs 350-450 on a Friday and Salman Khan’s Sultan — which was released on 4500 screens — earned Rs 36.54 crore. Even though Kabali has released on almost double the number of screens, it ticket prices are also much lower.


I think it includes pre earnings + 1st day earning https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Pre Release Earnings: The film has reportedly earned Rs 200 crore already with the sale of satellite rights etc. It

Hmm..but it says

“In India, the film has earned Rs 250 crore, which includes Rs 100 crore from Tamil Nadu and Rs 150 crore from places outside the state in India,” read a statement from the makers. 


These reporters are sick https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif
Without research they just publish the articles https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


people still believes reporters .

wait for any expert comment and no one can figure out actual collection , bcoz many times movie producers play tricks with data . so not necessary even HNY did earn so much collection .
and collection does not matter for it to be a good movie , many times no-sense movie too earns a lot and to the point movies are marked as flop (in terms of earning) .

Achilles armour
Shopping Friend
27
2,106
57108
1093

Worst movie, baba was better than this https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
Only director to blame here… Is this a sentiment or action movie..he made a all mixture..

Director should have sticked to action alone…. Only thing that impressed me is the background score

A total disaster considering the hype it created (plane, gold pendadnts etc.)

Img 20160906 160843 hdr
Deal Lieutenant
55
91
5635
196
@Achilles wrote:

Worst movie, baba was better than this https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
Only director to blame here… Is this a sentiment or action movie..he made a all mixture..

Director should have sticked to action alone…. Only thing that impressed me is the background score

A total disaster considering the hype it created (plane, gold pendadnts etc.)

+1

Premam first look.jpg.image.784.410 1491053822386
Entertainer
15
855
21952
209
@vns11 wrote: but my state telugu people contributed more than half of tamilnadu collections . https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png
On the other hand, our baahubali got good collections only from hindi and telugu . Not from tamil.

Exactly, That is the difference between us and them,
When we are always ready to support their content based flims, but they never give a damn to us/our flims…
(Recent example: Pichaikkaran/Bichagadu )

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
137
676
4
@Tejaa wrote:

@vns11 wrote: but my state telugu people contributed more than half of tamilnadu collections . https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png
On the other hand, our baahubali got good collections only from hindi and telugu . Not from tamil.

Exactly, That is the difference between us and them,
When we are always ready to support their content based flims, but they never give a damn to us/our flims…
(Recent example: Pichaikkaran/Bichagadu )


andhuke vallu chese athi chusthe naaku kopam chala vasthadhi bro .
mana vallu kuda marali . mana self respect manam chusukovali ila valla bajana aapesi . Try to google Rajnikanth NDTV indian of the year award speech where he specially speaks in tamil and thanks only tamil people for everything . So, mana dabbulu petti ayana cinemalani chuse non tamil indian states waste kadha ayana drishilo . vallu ippati varaku mana basha nerchukoru matladaru .

Img 20170809 062311
Deal Lieutenant
4
0
5118
58

Why is Rajinikanth so famous ? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Missing