Uber rolls out up-front fares in India, to repl...

Uber rolls out up-front fares in India, to replace surge pricing

Sam 1520
Deal Subedar
7
63
1974
23

In a bid to make it easier for customers to see how much they will have to pay for a ride, Uber has rolled out up-front fares in India and the US.

Uber users will now have to enter their destination before requesting a ride. The app will then calculate the fare on the basis of expected travel time, distance, traffic, surge and tolls where applicable. The rate will also depend on how many riders and nearby drivers are using Uber at that moment.

The updated Uber app will now do away with the lightning-bolt icon that wa used until now to indicate surge pricing. Uber mentions that fares will still fluctuate when rates go up due to demand. Hundreds of thousands of riders have experienced upfront fares as part of this rollout, added Uber.

The upfront feature was introduced with uberPool which accounts for over 20 percent of all rides globally. Uber says it has learnt that riders appreciate knowing how much a ride will cost in advance and is therefore rolling out this feature globally. The upfront feature is now expanding to uberGo as well as uberX. In India 25 per cent of Uber’s rides in Delhi and Bengaluru are through uberPOOL, as per a PTI report.

Upfront fares are calculated using the expected time and distance of the trip and local traffic, as well as how many riders and nearby drivers are using Uber at that momen

source- fonarena

5 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
14
654
4286
83

UBERPOOL – do they allow 2 people to take ride in sharing or only one
https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Sam 1520
Deal Subedar
7
63
1974
23
@desidude2013 wrote:

UBERPOOL – do they allow 2 people to take ride in sharing or only one
https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


2 , u get lucky also sometimes https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
14
654
4286
83
@abhi1047 wrote:

@desidude2013 wrote:

UBERPOOL – do they allow 2 people to take ride in sharing or only one
https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


2 , u get lucky also sometimes https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

lucky???
https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Analyst
744
3,487
37397
223

What does this mean for us?
Will there be surge pricing and we have to judge whether its surge based on the estimation?

Sam 1520
Deal Subedar
7
63
1974
23
@avgn wrote:

What does this mean for us?
Will there be surge pricing and we have to judge whether its surge based on the estimation?


i think when breakup along with estimTED PRICES would be availble it will be easier to judge

Missing