LPG prices to be hiked by Rs 4 per month as Cen...

LPG prices to be hiked by Rs 4 per month as Centre pushes to end subsidies

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 2 Votes: 2
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
15
682
4324
85

LPG prices to be hiked by Rs 4 per month as Centre pushes to end subsidies

The government has ordered state-run oil companies to raise subsidised cooking gas (LPG) prices by Rs 4 per cylinder every month to eliminate all the subsidies by March next year, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said today.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/en...

36 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
1
6
1608
10

omg

Eagle
Deal Cadet
1
84
442
6

the govt has been taking blood only from normal people day by day

Casper friendly ghost
Deal Cadet
0
64
864
70

interest rates cuts and then this news….turning out to be an awesome day https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
3
118
1548
22

That’s not a good news. Govt may face the ire of Middle class again as they are the real BJP supporters and anything against them means reduction of votes in 2019. I gave up my subsidy yesterday because of higher incomes but now I feel bad that even after numerous people giving up, same is not being transferred to people with low income. We giving up so that lower income people can enjoy the subsidy. Also we are not paying taxes to know poor will again have to suffer. I understand we don’t have our own Gas and need to import but people deserve relief too.

Hope they equal it out by giving benefit anywhere else.

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
7
423
5372
107

This Govt is going like pure business house.
Collecting tax as much as they can and reducing subsides as much as they can.
Nothing getting cheaper, better but only costlier.

Train fare has increased in the name of Dynamic fare . Metro price increased ( okay it was not increased for several year ), subsidy is ending on Gas, GST has increased the tax rate from 12.5 to 18% ( most of the things ), interest rate getting decreased day by day etc. etc.

Has there any improvement in Indian Railway except the increased cost ( dynamic fare )?
Metro rail – what improvement in services are we getting?
Any improvement in the hospitals? Govt. schools? Roads? Police and govt department corruption?

The list goes on and on.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
15
682
4324
85
chingumboy wrote:

That’s not a good news. Govt may face the ire of Middle class again as they are the real BJP supporters and anything against them means reduction of votes in 2019. I gave up my subsidy yesterday because of higher incomes but now I feel bad that even after numerous people giving up, same is not being transferred to people with low income. We giving up so that lower income people can enjoy the subsidy. Also we are not paying taxes to know poor will again have to suffer. I understand we don’t have our own Gas and need to import but people deserve relief too.

Hope they equal it out by giving benefit anywhere else.

not paying taxes how come???

watching movies, outings, food, electricity, house property bill, school, buses etc all have tax components

Tumblr m9trixxfhn1rxlmf0o1 400
Deal Subedar
1
146
1108
12
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

not paying taxes how come???

watching movies, outings, food, electricity, house property bill, school, buses etc all have tax components

I think he meant direct(income) tax

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
15
682
4324
85
xuseronline wrote:

This Govt is going like pure business house.
Collecting tax as much as they can and reducing subsides as much as they can.
Nothing getting cheaper, better but only costlier.

Train fare has increased in the name of Dynamic fare . Metro price increased ( okay it was not increased for several year ), subsidy is ending on Gas, GST has increased the tax rate from 12.5 to 18% ( most of the things ), interest rate getting decreased day by day etc. etc.

Has there any improvement in Indian Railway except the increased cost ( dynamic fare )?
Metro rail – what improvement in services are we getting?
Any improvement in the hospitals? Govt. schools? Roads? Police and govt department corruption?

The list goes on and on.

think what u got in 70 years and now compared to that what you are getting
https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
188
1
sasi4all wrote:

the govt has been taking blood only from normal people day by day

Solution= become abnormal

Hacker detected
Deal Subedar
0
80
2120
54

BJP showing real face ….
digital India bnana h , lekin jo gareebo ke kaam ki chij h ,even jo har ghar ki domestic chij h uspe bhi every month 4 rs badha dena … ye to galat h

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
7
423
5372
107
Expand
bonny42 wrote:

I think he meant direct(income) tax

In fact, there should not be any income tax.
Govt is collecting too much tax already.
Irrespective of the status ( Amir or garib ) everybody is paying tax as GST.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
188
1

Good decision.. should make policy on birth control also..

Casper friendly ghost
Deal Cadet
0
64
864
70
Expand
desidude2013 wrote:

think what u got in 70 years and now compared to that what you are getting
https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

as far as i know BJP is implementing same policies of UPA govt. People didnt give BJP so much mandate to implement UPA’s policies.

A2z1
Deal Colonel
135
126
30330
301
Expand
bestbuddy wrote:

as far as i know BJP is implementing same policies of UPA govt. People didnt give BJP so much mandate to implement UPA’s policies.

@nofpd this thread has social issues & getting into political zone https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
YKWIM S&P

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
105
0
31688
940
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

@nofpd this thread has social issues & getting into political zone https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
YKWIM S&P

done https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Tumblr m9trixxfhn1rxlmf0o1 400
Deal Subedar
1
146
1108
12
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

In fact, there should not be any income tax.
Govt is collecting too much tax already.
Irrespective of the status ( Amir or garib ) everybody is paying tax as GST.

Seriously!?
Income tax is actually less biased tax. Taxation is on the basis of income, it is progressive in nature unlike indirect tax.

Casper friendly ghost
Deal Cadet
0
64
864
70

are waah i never visited this section before

Giphy 1
Deal Lieutenant
5
302
6440
141

Indirect Taxes are the regressive system of collecting Tax. A Person earning Rs 1000 and Rs 1 cr will pay the same tax on services received or goods purchased. Income Taxes are progressive as People earning More pays more and persons earning less pays less.
India has both Direct and Indiect Taxes on higher side.

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
7
423
5372
107
bestbuddy wrote:

are waah i never visited this section before

You are missing many things than https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
There are no much deals now-a-days and this is the best section in interact with fellow dimers https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

17759837 1473445936063880 8096175600100764465 n
Deal Subedar
9
315
1490
12

any one knows here
LPG cylinder price has-been increased 10 times from 1st july 2016 ,
FD interest rate was 9.5% in 2013 and now 6.75%
achhe din aa gye mitron https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
7
423
5372
107
yogeshmehta wrote:

any one knows here
LPG cylinder price has-been increased 10 times from 1st july 2016 ,
FD interest rate was 9.5% in 2013 and now 6.75%
achhe din aa gye mitron https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Do add Tax increased from 12.5 to 18% on most of the things
About 80% things follow in 18% slab.

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42769
724
xuseronline wrote:

This Govt is going like pure business house.
Collecting tax as much as they can and reducing subsides as much as they can.
Nothing getting cheaper, better but only costlier.

Train fare has increased in the name of Dynamic fare . Metro price increased ( okay it was not increased for several year ), subsidy is ending on Gas, GST has increased the tax rate from 12.5 to 18% ( most of the things ), interest rate getting decreased day by day etc. etc.

Has there any improvement in Indian Railway except the increased cost ( dynamic fare )?
Metro rail – what improvement in services are we getting?
Any improvement in the hospitals? Govt. schools? Roads? Police and govt department corruption?

The list goes on and on.

I hope/pray that this* is a well thought-out strategy.

*This = making hard hitting changes in the first half of the term to end up with a budget surplus (I know that can only happen on paper, but just go with it) and then loosening the noose or doling out freebies towards the end of the term to ensure re-election.

CC @Socrates @raven_kira @Plato @A2Zdeals @paradox @Original @hese @StupendousMan @enapster

@dimepincher I know we didn’t agree on a lot of things. But now that there is a dedicated section for discussing such things (or debating, as you prefer), you might come back as well. CC @Spock

Dhgfjhgj
Deal Subedar
0
158
1370
14

What stupidity. This comes when something like haj subsidy remains. Wah re wah!

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
Expand
DealSeeker wrote:

I hope/pray that this* is a well thought-out strategy.

*This = making hard hitting changes in the first half of the term to end up with a budget surplus (I know that can only happen on paper, but just go with it) and then loosening the noose or doling out freebies towards the end of the term to ensure re-election.

Freebies! Seriously? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
Strategies? This is not a war, for god’s sake! People are dying.
If only they governed as if people mattered, they would certainly win the next time as well.
Applies to all parties!

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
ravi28142 wrote:

What stupidity. This comes when something like haj subsidy remains. Wah re wah!

So you will accept this if they remove the other subsidy as well? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Dhgfjhgj
Deal Subedar
0
158
1370
14
Expand
Socrates wrote:

So you will accept this if they remove the other subsidy as well? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

What I mean is instead of removing this subsidy, save taxpayer dough by removing haj subsidy. I don’t support removing this. This benefits everyone

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
Expand
ravi28142 wrote:

What I mean is instead of removing this subsidy, save taxpayer dough by removing haj subsidy. I don’t support removing this. This benefits everyone

How about withdrawing all funds going into maintaining religious shrines as well? That would add to the food of many more hungry people. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Dhgfjhgj
Deal Subedar
0
158
1370
14
Expand
Socrates wrote:

How about withdrawing all funds going into maintaining religious shrines as well? That would add to the food of many more hungry people. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Why not relinquish control over them completely? That would be a welcome move

Missing