Two-day nationwide bank strike from Jan 31 over...

Two-day nationwide bank strike from Jan 31 over wage revision

136°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
183
6875
115
Two-day nationwide bank strike from Jan 31 over wage revision

Two-day nationwide bank strike from Jan 31 over wage revision

United Forum of Bank Unions has decided to observe a two-day strike on January 31 and February 1, demanding early wage revision settlement which has been due since November 1, 2017, said the All India Bank Employees Association.Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present her second Union Budget on February 1.

Banks will also hold a strike on March 11, 12 and 13. Also, an indefinite strike will be held from April 1.General Secretary, All India Bank Officers’ Confederation West Bengal Sanjay Das has stated that the nationwide strike has been called over several demands.

“The demands include—wage revision settlement at 20 per cent hike on payslip components with adequate loading thereof and scrapping off New Pension Scheme (NPS),” said Das.

There are several demands to hold the strike including the merger of special allowance with basic pay, updation of pension, improvement in the family pension system, five-day banking, allocation of staff welfare fund based on operating profits and exemption from income tax on retiral benefits without a ceiling."

Other demands include— a uniform definition of business hours, lunch hour etc in the branches, introduction of leave bank, defined working hours for the officers and equal wage for equal work for the contract employee," said Das. — ANI

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2020/jan/16/...

pensive
35 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7

Sure banking sector(mostly public sector NPAs) is going to hell but instead of asking for fundamental reforms which will benefit everyone,strike for wage revision. rolleyes & what’s with NPS removal demand,it is probably the best thing that happened to Indian pension investment field in last few decades.

Missing
Deal Newbie
70
56
1
guest_999 wrote:

Sure banking sector(mostly public sector NPAs) is going to hell but instead of asking for fundamental reforms which will benefit everyone,strike for wage revision. rolleyes & what’s with NPS removal demand,it is probably the best thing that happened to Indian pension investment field in last few decades.

Government loots public ,public loots psu banks in the form of NPA

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
118
0

@guest_999 can u please explain “fundamental reforms”? want to know your opinion.
Just wanted to ask, salary increment which was promised in 2017, was not processed in 2020 also, is not fundamental?
And this salary increment was also promised because of strike in 2017. which was promised in 2014. You need to know the details instead of crying for anything and everything

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
rockylucifer wrote:

@guest_999 can u please explain “fundamental reforms”? want to know your opinion.
Just wanted to ask, salary increment which was promised in 2017, was not processed in 2020 also, is not fundamental?
And this salary increment was also promised because of strike in 2017. which was promised in 2014. You need to know the details instead of crying for anything and everything

I know bhai,my friend works in bank as po. Banking sector has changed so much from 2014,did anyone expected this huge amount of NPAs in bank before 2014. As long as public sector banks remain controlled by govt in the form of majority stake/ias officers in managing boards/cmd selection by govt etc nothing will change in the long term. IDBI NPAs reached 30% & it needed to be saved by LIC on govt instructions. How can you justify a salary increase for IDBI bank employees when such is the condition of their bank? By this logic every govt employee/public sector employee keeps getting increased wages irrespective of the performance of their organizations. How is this logical? Let banks improve their conditions first & then talk about wage revision unless you think banks running in huge losses have some magical source of unlimited funds from where they can give increased wages to employees irrespective of their financial condition.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
183
6875
115
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I know bhai,my friend works in bank as po. Banking sector has changed so much from 2014,did anyone expected this huge amount of NPAs in bank before 2014. As long as public sector banks remain controlled by govt in the form of majority stake/ias officers in managing boards/cmd selection by govt etc nothing will change in the long term. IDBI NPAs reached 30% & it needed to be saved by LIC on govt instructions. How can you justify a salary increase for IDBI bank employees when such is the condition of their bank? By this logic every govt employee/public sector employee keeps getting increased wages irrespective of the performance of their organizations. How is this logical? Let banks improve their conditions first & then talk about wage revision unless you think banks running in huge losses have some magical source of unlimited funds from where they can give increased wages to employees irrespective of their financial condition.

how is IDBI condition now… has it improved after LIC has a stake in it rolleyes

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
desiman wrote:

how is IDBI condition now… has it improved after LIC has a stake in it rolleyes

The gross NPAs came down from 31.78% to 29.43% in 2nd qtr result in sep 2019 so it is somewhat improved. laughing

Missing
Deal Subedar
173
1211
6
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I know bhai,my friend works in bank as po. Banking sector has changed so much from 2014,did anyone expected this huge amount of NPAs in bank before 2014. As long as public sector banks remain controlled by govt in the form of majority stake/ias officers in managing boards/cmd selection by govt etc nothing will change in the long term. IDBI NPAs reached 30% & it needed to be saved by LIC on govt instructions. How can you justify a salary increase for IDBI bank employees when such is the condition of their bank? By this logic every govt employee/public sector employee keeps getting increased wages irrespective of the performance of their organizations. How is this logical? Let banks improve their conditions first & then talk about wage revision unless you think banks running in huge losses have some magical source of unlimited funds from where they can give increased wages to employees irrespective of their financial condition.

Post offices, electricity boards, railways, Air India etc all are posting losses since ages. Have you ever heard of stopping wage revision in any of these institutions.

Yes, PSU’s are not running as expected but the reasons for that are mostly government policies. Debt waivers, pressure for corporate lending, targets for unsecured lending (mudra etc.), Financial inclusion branches are factors which lead to poor financial status of banks. You cannot expect a PSU bank with tighter norms to generate profit inline with private banks. One is for service other is for business.

No doubt that PSU’s need a reform but you cannot expect a turnaround without support from its employees. Just compare the time spent by a banker in office to any other institution and you will realise that they too need a better work life balance. Not to forget, banks are one of the least corrupt govt led institutions.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1512
46

privatization of bank is only solution

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1512
46
g985481987117 wrote:

are u okay with it ? @rogerthat

yes ok to privatization bro

also i and other many banker need strikes to get this unpaid leave.



also things will change public will demand roll back of THIS step

as 5k 10k minimum balance will be the norm.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
bip100 wrote:

Post offices, electricity boards, railways, Air India etc all are posting losses since ages. Have you ever heard of stopping wage revision in any of these institutions.

Yes, PSU’s are not running as expected but the reasons for that are mostly government policies. Debt waivers, pressure for corporate lending, targets for unsecured lending (mudra etc.), Financial inclusion branches are factors which lead to poor financial status of banks. You cannot expect a PSU bank with tighter norms to generate profit inline with private banks. One is for service other is for business.

No doubt that PSU’s need a reform but you cannot expect a turnaround without support from its employees. Just compare the time spent by a banker in office to any other institution and you will realise that they too need a better work life balance. Not to forget, banks are one of the least corrupt govt led institutions.

Yeah & exactly why Air India ran a debt of 50000 crores,BSNL ran a debt of 90000 crore & Railways is running an operating ratio of 98.5% meaning that railways is spending 98.5 paisa to earn 100 paisa(Rs 1) & better not to say anything about EBs which probably are hiding more debt than Air India & bsnl combined.

PSU=govt policies,unless govt is honest & efficient you can forget about honest & efficient psu & good luck hoping for such a govt in India in even next 50 years.

I am not saying a banker does not do hard work but the question is are there not others(contract blue collar workers in pvt sector or gig economy workers without any safety nets & benefits & still doing same/more work than bank employees,even employees in pvt banks) in the country managing with their conditions so why should public sector bank employees get a special treatment.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

yes ok to privatization bro

also i and other many banker need strikes to get this unpaid leave.



also things will change public will demand roll back of THIS step

as 5k 10k minimum balance will be the norm.

I say privatize all public sector banks,railways,post offices & what not. By public I am assuming ~5-10% of Indian population because most who can afford already keep their accounts in pvt sector banks because of much better service & benefits & those who can’t don’t amount that much to public sector banks’ revenue anyway. The remaining category consists of people who can afford but still keep their money in public sector banks for whatever sentimental/misinformed reasons about which nothing can be done about except forcing a change.

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
118
0
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Yeah & exactly why Air India ran a debt of 50000 crores,BSNL ran a debt of 90000 crore & Railways is running an operating ratio of 98.5% meaning that railways is spending 98.5 paisa to earn 100 paisa(Rs 1) & better not to say anything about EBs which probably are hiding more debt than Air India & bsnl combined.

PSU=govt policies,unless govt is honest & efficient you can forget about honest & efficient psu & good luck hoping for such a govt in India in even next 50 years.

I am not saying a banker does not do hard work but the question is are there not others(contract blue collar workers in pvt sector or gig economy workers without any safety nets & benefits & still doing same/more work than bank employees,even employees in pvt banks) in the country managing with their conditions so why should public sector bank employees get a special treatment.

Just for your knowledge, no one is getting special treatment, banks npa is because of government policies not because of their hardworking employees, its because of their decision makers, banks are making losses, now comparing salary, how u like ur salary same as what u r getting 10 -15 yrs back??

Bank employees are going on strike, because they are not fairly payed, If some is not fairly payed, then it leads to corruption. i can’t imagine if our banking system corrupts. You can help better

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
rockylucifer wrote:

Just for your knowledge, no one is getting special treatment, banks npa is because of government policies not because of their hardworking employees, its because of their decision makers, banks are making losses, now comparing salary, how u like ur salary same as what u r getting 10 -15 yrs back??

Bank employees are going on strike, because they are not fairly payed, If some is not fairly payed, then it leads to corruption. i can’t imagine if our banking system corrupts. You can help better

Swiggy/zomato delivery guys make less than bank POs that too without NPS & family health/life insurance & work same or more than bank employees. I know bank POs get at least ~38-40k in hand & SBI POs get even more with all their newspaper to furniture allowance not to mention good lease reimbursement for even cities like Mumbai.

Life itself is not fair,some are born poor some are born rich.If your organization is running in losses then you don’t get salary increase,as simple as that. Vote for a better govt to improve your bank’s financial condition & then ask for salary raise. Also corruptness has nothing to do with your salary,a rickshaw puller can return a bag full of lakhs & a billionaire can run away with thousands of crores of public money.

Gsedufof 400x400
Deal Cadet
181
258
9
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Swiggy/zomato delivery guys make less than bank POs that too without NPS & family health/life insurance & work same or more than bank employees. I know bank POs get at least ~38-40k in hand & SBI POs get even more with all their newspaper to furniture allowance not to mention good lease reimbursement for even cities like Mumbai.

Life itself is not fair,some are born poor some are born rich.If your organization is running in losses then you don’t get salary increase,as simple as that. Vote for a better govt to improve your bank’s financial condition & then ask for salary raise. Also corruptness has nothing to do with your salary,a rickshaw puller can return a bag full of lakhs & a billionaire can run away with thousands of crores of public money.

Swiggy, Zomato Delivery guys are unskilled labor and Bank employees are skilled labor. Dont compare Apple’s with Oranges. All the swiggy zomato delivery guy also had a chance at the same bank jobs. He who makes effort, gets it and reaps its rewards.

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80

Psu is/was not built for money making machine, its single moto is to serve to customers and govt policies. So if someone is crying for loss then pls clear fundamentals.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1512
46
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I say privatize all public sector banks,railways,post offices & what not. By public I am assuming ~5-10% of Indian population because most who can afford already keep their accounts in pvt sector banks because of much better service & benefits & those who can’t don’t amount that much to public sector banks’ revenue anyway. The remaining category consists of people who can afford but still keep their money in public sector banks for whatever sentimental/misinformed reasons about which nothing can be done about except forcing a change.

that public is 50%

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
titamazon wrote:

Psu is/was not built for money making machine, its single moto is to serve to customers and govt policies. So if someone is crying for loss then pls clear fundamentals.

PSUs are also not built for money eating,when bsnl eats 90000 crores & Air india eats 50000cr then that money comes out of public’s pockets in the form of less hospitals,less doctors,less schools,less teachers,less policemen,less judges,less electricity,less roads,less bridges,less [insert anything useful for public here]

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

that public is 50%

I don’t think 50% public keeping an avg of Rs.100 something in bank accounts is doing much for a bank’s books. There are only ~7cr tax payers in last FY & those which matters most to bank’s books(from industrialists to salaried/self-employed persons taking all types of loans) come in this category only. Rest can keep their money in post offices/payment banks/rural banks.

Missing
Deal Cadet
120
624
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I don’t think 50% public keeping an avg of Rs.100 something in bank accounts is doing much for a bank’s books. There are only ~7cr tax payers in last FY & those which matters most to bank’s books(from industrialists to salaried/self-employed persons taking all types of loans) come in this category only. Rest can keep their money in post offices/payment banks/rural banks.

this year no of tax payer will reduce due to increase in exemption limit

Ninja tune
Deal Cadet
193
804
12

In this brawl, we are ignoring the biggest money guzzlers, the politicians.
I believe this ominous class is reason of all sufferings of Indians.

Missing
Entertainer
452
6404
77
nimod wrote:

In this brawl, we are ignoring the biggest money guzzlers, the politicians.
I believe this ominous class is reason of all sufferings of Indians.

Naam nimod aur politicians ki buraai…. Arre, tumhare naam se hi politician MODI chhalakata hai… wink toungueout

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

PSUs are also not built for money eating,when bsnl eats 90000 crores & Air india eats 50000cr then that money comes out of public’s pockets in the form of less hospitals,less doctors,less schools,less teachers,less policemen,less judges,less electricity,less roads,less bridges,less [insert anything useful for public here]

Bro do u really think bsnl and air india eats 5000 cr for himself. I want to highlight bsnl operates through out on india from himalaya to kankakumari, nagaland to guzarat means he is not looking for money making cities only like what other does and earn profit.

So again i am reiterating my words they are more than money making machine.

Hope u got my point

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
56
0

Every PSB operating profit has increased after each financial year, The loans which are NPA and contribute upto 98% are corporate loans which are signed by political parties in power , MD and CEO.
A Bank staff working at branch is not responsible for this then how can even his salary linked to net profit.

Bank staff just need 1 week proper strike by closing branches, closing Data Centre, making ATM Cash dry and all of their issues will be sorted out, But have they unity to achieve their demand remains a big question.??

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Bro do u really think bsnl and air india eats 5000 cr for himself. I want to highlight bsnl operates through out on india from himalaya to kankakumari, nagaland to guzarat means he is not looking for money making cities only like what other does and earn profit.

So again i am reiterating my words they are more than money making machine.

Hope u got my point

Does it matter whether 2+2=4 or 1+3=4 ? Sure bsnl can be given some leeway over making profits but no logical reason exist for making it lose 90000cr of public money(which you pay in the form of various taxes). Ask yourself this,would a village be more happy about bsnl presence in its area or more/better roads for connectivity & more policemen/better patrolling in night. I also hope you understand my point that there is nothing free in this world,one always have to pay for anything in one way or other.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
398
7
rahulrnjan94779 wrote:

Every PSB operating profit has increased after each financial year, The loans which are NPA and contribute upto 98% are corporate loans which are signed by political parties in power , MD and CEO.
A Bank staff working at branch is not responsible for this then how can even his salary linked to net profit.

Bank staff just need 1 week proper strike by closing branches, closing Data Centre, making ATM Cash dry and all of their issues will be sorted out, But have they unity to achieve their demand remains a big question.??

That’s like saying since my house is safe so why should I contribute to fight the fire that burnt down the entire colony. Also why do you say bank staff is not responsible for this. Let me explain it to you in similar words:
Bank staff just need 1 week proper strike by closing branches, closing Data Centre, making ATM Cash dry and all of their issues will be sorted out by demanding privatization of banks so that no political party/md/ceo can just hand out corporate loans that constitutes 98% of npa & bank will run in profits & salaries can be increased then , But have they unity to achieve their demand remains a big question.??

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

That’s like saying since my house is safe so why should I contribute to fight the fire that burnt down the entire colony. Also why do you say bank staff is not responsible for this. Let me explain it to you in similar words:
Bank staff just need 1 week proper strike by closing branches, closing Data Centre, making ATM Cash dry and all of their issues will be sorted out by demanding privatization of banks so that no political party/md/ceo can just hand out corporate loans that constitutes 98% of npa & bank will run in profits & salaries can be increased then , But have they unity to achieve their demand remains a big question.??

Lol, who told u bank strike affect data center operations

Missing