Hot Deal

Paytm account hacked. Rs.2000 transaction unauthorized

749°
Shopping Friend
WhatsYourDeal

Hi,

I had received 2 sms from Paytm claiming that my orders in Foodpanda for an amount totalling to Rs.2000 were successful. I was shocked for i didn’t place those orders.

I tried to contact Paytm customer care immediately but their phone customer care is a joke – it’s simply an FAQ page in IVR. Even when i choose ‘security related issues’, it simply said ‘write to [email protected]’ and hung up. So wrote an email to them.

Meanwhile tried dealing with Foodpanda to see of they could help – the person was initially helpful as he identified that one of the orders were confirmed while the other was a Pre-order and it was in Gwalior City Centre area. However he wouldn’t give further identifiable information nor cancel those orders (not even the Pre-ordered one) since I couldnt identify the person who placed the order with FoodPanda. Understandable, but not helpful anymore.

For now I’ve changed my password of the PayTM wallet.

1. Has anyone faced similar issues with PayTm? Do they really investigate and refund such amount like in the case of a credit card?
2. I’m sure I didn’t receive any OTP for either of those 2 transactions. Is it possible someone can transact over my PayTm account with only be email/phone and password but no OTP? How can I enforce that from now?
3. Any tips from dimers here on if and how i could recover this money?

Thanks.

35 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

dude paytm is safest option in the universe. ask any bhakt. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

So, moral of the story is that one shouldn’t keep big amounts in mobile wallets. Especially when their dispute resolution mechanism is so pathetic. I always maintain <1000 rs balance in any of these wallets.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

+1

Me too!

When there is need to use more than…1000, Jio is always there!
Load money and spend them of instantly…almost safe!

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My Paytm order history is breached to hackers.paytm is no more safe

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

how?
Please explain more

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply