Open Letter to DD Admins [Reference Promotion o...

Open Letter to DD Admins [Reference Promotion of Fraudulent activities on DesiDime]

Score: 14 Votes: 32

Vote down Reasons

  • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 2
  • Self Promotion : 4
  • Repost : 1
  • Referral link : 1
  • Other reasons : 1
Score: 14 Votes: 32

Vote down Reasons

  • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 2
  • Self Promotion : 4
  • Repost : 1
  • Referral link : 1
  • Other reasons : 1
Score: 14 Votes: 32

Vote down Reasons

  • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 2
  • Self Promotion : 4
  • Repost : 1
  • Referral link : 1
  • Other reasons : 1
Score: 14 Votes: 32

Vote down Reasons

  • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 2
  • Self Promotion : 4
  • Repost : 1
  • Referral link : 1
  • Other reasons : 1
Score: 14 Votes: 32

Vote down Reasons

  • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 2
  • Self Promotion : 4
  • Repost : 1
  • Referral link : 1
  • Other reasons : 1
Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37

Dear @Nigel ,

Continuing further on my opposition to this “Freedom 251” being promoted on DD, lemme give you some reasons for taking down this deal from ‘DD’ as soon as possible.

I think you will also agree that being ethical is one of the critical pillar for sustainable success of any business venture. Same applies to DesiDime. So, if DesiDime fails in its duty of being ethical then its a sure-shot path to failure. When I say being ethical, it also includes preventing promotion of un-ethical (suspectedly unethical) posts from DesiDime’s forum. Such un-professional and seemingly childish action by DD-admins is going to put an irreparable dent in DesiDime’s reputation.

This all is happening when your competitors (like Cashkaro) with their professional attitude are making millions in profits and are getting funding as well, along with making News-headlines for all good reasons. Amid all this what DesiDime is doing is, fighting within Moderators/Admins to achieve the Targets of maximum number of FPDs rather than making Desidime a cleaner and beautiful to participate discussion forum. Time to hire some professional Admins and think futuristic.

Let’s consider a scenario 5 months down the line, when media will ask questions that how come this big scam by Freedom became possible… Then all fingers will be pointed at DesiDime with a followership of “5 lakh+” users… Users think that if something is being promoted at DesiDime (Lots of non-tech-savvy people believe everything on internet to be true), then it must be genuine, leading them to loose their hard-earned money (however little it may be), to fraudsters (like sabkadukaan). In months to come somebody might come-up with a Big newspaper article on Online frauds, with common link in promoting most of the Frauds being DesiDime (think SabKaDukaan, Shopiwo, Freedom, MMT wallet looting, Trading of Wallets acquired using illegal means, and Other Trading resulting in fraud by a user resulting in monetary loss of hundreds of other DD users). So, what is DesiDime trying to achieve?? Become a playground for e-commerce Mafia?? With your current actions/policies, it seems that this is where you are taking this community.

As a rule: Never and Never promote anything which you are not sure about being true. Also, if something appears TOO FISHY like Freedom 251, then don’t try to be first beneficiary, rather wait somebody else be the first beneficiary and your users can get the benefits of Freedom 251 after 1 year (which is never going to happen). Can’t you see it as a over-hyped bubble waiting to burst.

It’s high time that, rather than trying to justify all of your acts again and again, think deeply, take advice from experts, plan for future and then take a sensible decision. In short, start acting like a professional company.

Best Wishes!
May you start thinking rationally and sensibly.

PS: Intentions of this thread is to wake you up and get the corrective actions. Deleting it up will make me take up other Online-communities (Read Times-of-India, and PagalGuy) to highlight what is happening at DesiDime. And then the intentions will not be to see corrective actions being taken, rather will be to highlight it to the world that somebody doesn’t want to learn.

For reference of community members, I am quoting below @Spock message from another discussion thread.
Other Threads for Reference:
SabKaDukaan: http://www.desidime.com/forums/exclusive-deals-...
Shopiwo: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...

EDIT: A thought for all fellow dimers to ponder upon… If the Business Model of Freedom 251 is so good, then why to start in reverse manner?? i.e. taking money from Buyers and then approaching the Sellers? and then manufacturing the phones at Rs 251…
As Freedom 251 spokespersons have said multiple times that this will require an investment of Rs 200 crores plus… Even if we take it as Rs 100 crore, then also rather than accumulating Rs 10 crores from customers, they should start working on rest Rs 90 crore. All in all, so-much hype for just a business Plan?? Whom are they kidding.

@Spock wrote:

@aldrin vaz wrote:

Wats great now….


it is almost a loot, that is what is great

◊◊ buy scone (scam phone)
◊◊ buy thinner or solvent
◊◊ rub off the sticker or whitener covering the branding
[Tip: if the scone guys replace the original fascia; then buy the local one to redo the Adcom or Letv or whatever Chinese name branding]

THEN
◊◊ sell it at 600-700% profit http://www.amazon.in/dp/B019...WS




errr; i mean here http://www.shopclues.com/adcom-ikon-4-gol...ml junk site for junk buyers

costs < 400
revenue > 3000




well now it is a FPD, and THAT is what matters http://www.desidime.com/searches/suggestion-for... biggrin

sab ka dukan chalna chaiye. Everyone’s business should run, isn’t it folks ? wink


FPD Suggested By > parikhmanaal156 , M.MAHI , happydeals , amitburad3076 , Ashwin , Troll ,
117 Comments  |  
37 Dimers
Timon    gesture drawing by gooseberry007
Deal Lieutenant
0
20
4674
37

@aniey72 that’s against the tide and All the best from my side. wink

Images
Deal Cadet
1
136
328
0

I agree with you bro..

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
80
132
25090
634

no Politics pls

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37
[email protected] ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...34 wrote:

@aniey72 that’s against the tide and All the best from my side. wink


Thanks for the best wishes… Motive is not to convince the vast population of DD… Rather its to make DD Admins to take the right decision and not to let this Fraud or lots of other similar Frauds being sponsored/promoted by DD.

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37
@no fpd wrote:

no Politics pls


I am open to any rational discussion on this. [But the condition is arguments should be Rational/justifiable… No blank acquisitions or Mud-slinging]

Iske alawa sirf English mein hi discussion ho, aisa bhi jaroori nahi hai… Hum hindi mein yeh discuss kar sakte hai.. Dhyaan sirf is baat ka rakhna hai ki discussion mein jo bhi bhasha istemaal ho, wo shisththa ke daayre mein rahe.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

The dark knight wallpaper 71
Deal Subedar
1
85
1060
16

how is fraud ?? ..its launched in front of government

for those who thinks ..phone not possible in 251rs

here is answer of NALIN SAVARA from Quora
just pasting here

To decode how can this mobile be sold so cheap, here goes:

A friend, who was amongst the senior guys deciding strategy the the erstwhile Nokia once said:

“We want to distribute mobile phones even for free to people who meet specific criteria, because once they start using the mobile, the information we gain- especially the info we can use to show them targetted adverts is worth far more than what we would charge them for the same handset.”

I believe this may very well be the case with this Freedom 251 mobile phone too— that a person gets a phone almost for free (or very cheap)- and the company earns it’s money back by showing them adverts and mining their user data to sell them products.

It is also possible that the cheap price is only for an initial run- say of 100,000 or 50,000 mobile phones— and after that the customers would be charged higher prices, after the company has gained eyeballs and publicity.

This has been especially true of a particular phone running Google’s Android-One platform, which comes with 32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP back camera and 8 MP front camera and memory card and dual SIM— it is a great device and worth every paisa— however, the company recently released a V2 of the same device- which has 16 GB internal storage; a smaller screen and lesser front camera— selling for Rs.100/- less than the V1 model which had almost twice the specs of the latest V2 model. I found it sneaky- and bought 2 of the V1 model (which I obtained with great difficulty) for family- and it was worth it.

Lets see how the story unfolds and what happens next.

Wishing Mobile India all the best ahead!!!

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37
@pratik8989 wrote:

how is fraud ?? ..its launched in front of government

for those who thinks ..phone not possible in 251rs

here is answer of NALIN SAVARA from Quora
just pasting here


To decode how can this mobile be sold so cheap, here goes:

A friend, who was amongst the senior guys deciding strategy the the erstwhile Nokia once said:

“We want to distribute mobile phones even for free to people who meet specific criteria, because once they start using the mobile, the information we gain- especially the info we can use to show them targetted adverts is worth far more than what we would charge them for the same handset.”

I believe this may very well be the case with this Freedom 251 mobile phone too— that a person gets a phone almost for free (or very cheap)- and the company earns it’s money back by showing them adverts and mining their user data to sell them products.

It is also possible that the cheap price is only for an initial run- say of 100,000 or 50,000 mobile phones— and after that the customers would be charged higher prices, after the company has gained eyeballs and publicity.

This has been especially true of a particular phone running Google’s Android-One platform, which comes with 32 GB of internal storage, 13 MP back camera and 8 MP front camera and memory card and dual SIM— it is a great device and worth every paisa— however, the company recently released a V2 of the same device- which has 16 GB internal storage; a smaller screen and lesser front camera— selling for Rs.100/- less than the V1 model which had almost twice the specs of the latest V2 model. I found it sneaky- and bought 2 of the V1 model (which I obtained with great difficulty) for family- and it was worth it.

Lets see how the story unfolds and what happens next.

Wishing Mobile India all the best ahead!!!


Thanks for this answer from Quora, but what is missing here is the background of Freedom 251. Before going so big in promotion (National level announcements), they should have atleast taken a proper marketing office atleast. Setting up a manufacturing plant after taking order?? Whom are they kidding.

Had this announcement came from Micromax or Spice or Some reputed player in industry, we could have trusted it. But here, some recent Grads from Amity University are pulling all these tricks from their One-Room Office, and we are blindly following/promoting it assuming it all true.

Regarding Launch in front of Prominent Government officials, it doesn’t put a genuineness stamp on this company. Any Government leader will be pleased to be guest at an event that is being launched on such a large scale. This was one of the biggest News to on National dailies…. But I am sure that, if I am allowed to talk to those Leaders for 15 minutes each with some researched facts, they won’t let their name being associated with this company. The biggest question is SUSTAINABILITY and FEASIBILITY??

You can’t create a company on Paper

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
42
@aniey72 wrote:

@no fpd wrote:

no Politics pls


I am open to any rational discussion on this. [But the condition is arguments should be Rational/justifiable… No blank acquisitions or Mud-slinging]

Iske alawa sirf English mein hi discussion ho, aisa bhi jaroori nahi hai… Hum hindi mein yeh discuss kar sakte hai.. Dhyaan sirf is baat ka rakhna hai ki discussion mein jo bhi bhasha istemaal ho, wo shisththa ke daayre mein rahe.


I really have not followed this hype much, but just check the below article and may provide some alternate insights?

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/tech/demystified-ho...

And definitely DD not responsible for whats mentioned in the below thread (not sure about the authenticity but sure that Mr. Ravi doesn’t spam)

http://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/t...

PS: The promoters logic of market place didn’t convince me much either.

Jimish4
Admin
9
875
12146
1086

@aniey72 – Did you try reading the news or atleast did some basic elementary research before opening up this thread?

There are many who are not buying the phone after reading comments/updates in that thread and thats what Desidime is about (Community and Information) and we are not stopping that in any way.

PS: We won’t be deleting this thread as its your point of view and you can also take it up with Times of India if you want… They are running a Full page ad today about Freedom251 (just fyi, so you come out of your virtual world) smile

Jamaica simboluri rasta 2560x1600 7424
Admin
59
1,921
15180
575

I think it is unfair to vote down this thread….

As every person in the community has a right to expression and right to opinion

So coming back to what DD stands for

DD stands for a community…….

DD stands for being honest

DD will not knowingly promote unethical things (and thats why we created those trade rules… even when all of us were against it )

Coming to Freedom251

Who are you to proclaim that it is fraud

A. either you are an insider

OR

B. You are speaking without any basis

(Assumptions cant be a rationale for calling someone fraudulent )

Now why did DD promote it…. A there was a government official who had inaugurated …..currently we do not have any reason to beleive he is not honest

Similar to us BBC and other News reporters have acknowledged and not called it a scam

So our law says innocent until proven guilty and we are not bigger than the law for sure

This is my response and not a starting point of debate…. coz i said in my first line…. everyone has a right to their opinion

EDIT: If it was just about profits….. we could have made that a long time back…. but we choose to create a community instead smile Happy DesiDiming

Free vector troll 062218 troll
suspended
4
178
16784
292
@admin wrote:

@aniey72 – Did you try reading the news or atleast did some basic elementary research before opening up this thread?

There are many who are not buying the phone after reading comments/updates in that thread and thats what Desidime is about (Community and Information) and we are not stopping that in any way.

PS: We won’t be deleting this thread as its your point of view and you can also take it up with Times of India if you want… They are running a Full page ad today about Freedom251 (just fyi, so you come out of your virtual world) smile


Plz Update in Title of That Thread – Admin Edit – Be Careful Before Ordering Multiple Order 4 Friends and Family You may Not Receive any Money Back Neither Mobile -

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
0
5914
90
@admin wrote:

@aniey72 – Did you try reading the news or atleast did some basic elementary research before opening up this thread?

There are many who are not buying the phone after reading comments/updates in that thread and thats what Desidime is about (Community and Information) and we are not stopping that in any way.

PS: We won’t be deleting this thread as its your point of view and you can also take it up with Times of India if you want… They are running a Full page ad today about Freedom251 (just fyi, so you come out of your virtual world) smile


Absurd logic and I need to be critical of the last point u make there. Running an ad on toi. If we dimers contribute all our dimes we will also afford to run a front page ad on their page. They are commercial organizations and since they are getting money they are promoting it. U comparing ur site to toi doesn’t make any sense in the world unless ringing bells is promoting u guys with some monetary incentives . And even u agree there have been people not buying this deal so what’s the use of keeping it on front page. I think its high time u invest in active moderators and improve the communication for the betterment of the community.

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37
@admin wrote:

@aniey72 – Did you try reading the news or atleast did some basic elementary research before opening up this thread?

There are many who are not buying the phone after reading comments/updates in that thread and thats what Desidime is about (Community and Information) and we are not stopping that in any way.

PS: We won’t be deleting this thread as its your point of view and you can also take it up with Times of India if you want… They are running a Full page ad today about Freedom251 (just fyi, so you come out of your virtual world) smile


Dear Admin,

Thanks for taking my post in a positive manner. Reason for me opening up this thread is to ask DesiDime Administrators take an action on behalf of its users. You can’t expect the broad users to be as educated as you are or in some case users are not expected to go through posts in details… They will simply see a Rs 251 phone being sold and being written on homepage of DesiDime, and then will simply follow the link and will pay the money. And this is how the majority of those 5 lakh+ users use Desidime.

Regarding my research on the topic, I have read atleast 20+ articles on this at various sources, and the net-sum is “Freedom 251” as of now is “All GAS”. Nothing on ground.

Again I would request you to answer my post on point-to-point basis rather than giving your broad holistic answer, which appears to come without reading the arguments raised by me.

Regarding Newspaper Coverage, I guess you might have ever heard of a term called they will “Presstitutes”, used to describe how they work… If you throw money at them, they will do anything to please you. So to bring YOU out of YOUR VIRTUAL WORLD, go and check the 3rd and 4th page of any Hindi National Daily (Dainik Bhaskar, Rajasthan Patrika, Punjab Kesri etc etc), you will find lots of advertisements saying “ghar baithe lakhon kamayein”, “Videsh jaaye and Bank mein Manager ban Jaayein” etc etc… What does that mean?? Does appearing in an Advertisement puts a legitimacy to your Business?? A BIG NO…

PS: And I never said going to any official channel. I call myself an active and responsible Netizen and I believe in power of Online discussion communities… So there are lots of them to get your voice heard.

Img 20161125 220914
Deal Lieutenant
2
27
4252
42
@PaytmKaPoojari wrote:

@admin wrote:

@aniey72 – Did you try reading the news or atleast did some basic elementary research before opening up this thread?

There are many who are not buying the phone after reading comments/updates in that thread and thats what Desidime is about (Community and Information) and we are not stopping that in any way.

PS: We won’t be deleting this thread as its your point of view and you can also take it up with Times of India if you want… They are running a Full page ad today about Freedom251 (just fyi, so you come out of your virtual world) smile


Absurd logic and I need to be critical of the last point u make there. Running an ad on toi. If we dimers contribute all our dimes we will also afford to run a front page ad on their page. They are commercial organizations and since they are getting money they are promoting it. U comparing ur site to toi doesn’t make any sense in the world unless ringing bells is promoting u guys with some monetary incentives . And even u agree there have been people not buying this deal so what’s the use of keeping it on front page. I think its high time u invest in active moderators and improve the communication for the betterment of the community.


yes new moderators are required.

Img 20150414 215658
Budding Star
46
179
29650
621

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! *Glitches may be happen and happened many times on Flipkart while redmi 1s was on flash sale as well, it doesn’t mean desidime didn’t promote thier deal.

Free vector troll 062218 troll
suspended
4
178
16784
292
@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! #IStantWithNigel


Do you have Proof ? evil

Img 20150414 215658
Budding Star
46
179
29650
621
@Troll wrote:

@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! #IStantWithNigel


Do you have Proof ? evil


take the rajasthan patrika copy of day before yesterday and stubble it as a proof bc.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
42
@VaibhavJain wrote:

@Troll wrote:

@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! #IStantWithNigel


Do you have Proof ? evil


take the rajasthan patrika copy of day before yesterday and stubble it as a proof bc.

Bro its not being promoted by govt of India. To promote something like that there should be a MoU and there is no such thing. Just that the someone related to GoI is inaugurating doesn’t mean GoI promotion.

Few years back when S M Krishna was the CM of Karnataka he had inaugurated one of these pryamid schemes (referral ponzi schemes) and as usual the company looted and left. No one questioned him as to why he was there in that inauguration.

Free vector troll 062218 troll
suspended
4
178
16784
292
@VaibhavJain wrote:

@Troll wrote:

@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! #IStantWithNigel


Do you have Proof ? evil


take the rajasthan patrika copy of day before yesterday and stubble it as a proof bc.

Page number bata deta anyway couldnt find

http://epaper.patrika.com/723161/Rajasthan-Patr...

Free vector troll 062218 troll
suspended
4
178
16784
292
@VaibhavJain wrote:

@Troll wrote:

@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! #IStantWithNigel


Do you have Proof ? evil


take the rajasthan patrika copy of day before yesterday and stubble it as a proof bc.

Tu ye Padh BC

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/freedom-25...

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37

Thanks a lot Anthrax for your kind response and presenting your views. In expectation to arrive at a constructive and positive end-result I am doing my best to respond to your post.

Coming to Freedom251
Who are you to proclaim that it is fraud
A. either you are an insider
OR
B. You are speaking without any basis
(Assumptions cant be a rationale for calling someone fraudulent )

I am sorry, for proclaiming it to be fraud in Black&White. But I guess many a times I also referred to them as seemingly Fraud. Right?
Also, at DesiDime, I have reasons for referring to them as “Fraud” as well. And that is to prevent thousands of DesiDime users to end up paying to this company. If I would have always said Seemingly Fraud, then quite possible, it might have qualified as “Not a strong reason to not-promote Freedom”.

So, I am not an Insider and not at all remotely related to Mobile manufacturing industry. But yes, I have done more research and reading on Online Communities and e-commerce than probably 99.9% of DesiDimers.

Coming to basis of calling BlueBells a Seemingly Fraud company is:
(1) Nothing on Ground to achieve such a big project- No manufacturing, No Office, No marketing, No sales and distribution channel.
(2) Doing all the things in logically incorrect manner. If they have such an excellent business plan, then why doesn’t they first setup their Office and Plant? So, its like “Selling something that DOESN’T EVEN EXIST now, not even in PROTOTYPE”. Isn’t it a reason strong enough to suspect them?
(3) Or otherwise, we can’t say anyone is genuine if they are not yet proven Fraud. Taking somebody’s money without having any product? That’s a fraud here. They have a Rs 250 crore plus project (manufacturing, direct selling, and tie-ups with marketplace providers etc etc).. Is it a joke to get it done by 1 IIT Alumnus and 3 Amity passouts with no noteworthy credentials ?? Still If they wish to do it, then first do all other B-2-B things, like tie-ups etc etc, then come to B-2-C to ask for Rs 290 from each customer. That’s the way to get customer’s trust and not to be called Fraud. But starting from B-2-C and asking for payment saying that ALL B-2-B things will done afterwards.. .What is this? A new way of doing business? No its clearly a Fraudulent way of doing business.

Now why did DD promote it…. A there was a government official who had inaugurated …..currently we do not have any reason to beleive he is not honest
Similar to us BBC and other News reporters have acknowledged and not called it a scam
So our law says innocent until proven guilty and we are not bigger than the law for sure

Regarding Media Coverage, Since last 25 years I can see newspaper advertisements talking about Job-offers, business opportunities etc etc (And all of them asking money upfront) and then delivering the promised product/service. So, have you seen these Newspaper agencies doing any investigation regarding the content/genuineness of these Advertisements? In today’s newspaper also there are more than 7 such advertisements here… So, Media appearance is again not a proof of genuinity.

PS: I am sharing a joke which I found just a little bit similar to the business model of this company. Intention of sharing is not to compare Blue-Bells word-by-word with characters of this joke. Its just to tell what I broadly feel about this company.

Father: “I want you to marry a girl of my choice”
Son: “I will choose my own bride!”
Father: “But the girl is Bill Gates’ daughter.”
Son: “Well, in that case…ok”

Next, the father approaches Bill Gates.

Father: “I have a husband for your daughter.”
Bill Gates: “But my daughter is too young to marry!”
Father: “But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank.”
Bill Gates: “Ah, in that case…ok”

Finally the father goes to see the president of the World Bank.

Father: “I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president.”
President: “But I already have more vice- presidents than I need!”
Father: “But this young man is Bill Gates’s son-in-law.”
President: “Ah, in that case…”

Jamaica simboluri rasta 2560x1600 7424
Admin
59
1,921
15180
575
@aniey72 wrote:

Thanks a lot Anthrax for your kind response and presenting your views. In expectation to arrive at a constructive and positive end-result I am doing my best to respond to your post.


Coming to Freedom251
Who are you to proclaim that it is fraud
A. either you are an insider
OR
B. You are speaking without any basis
(Assumptions cant be a rationale for calling someone fraudulent )

I am sorry, for proclaiming it to be fraud in Black&White. But I guess many a times I also referred to them as seemingly Fraud. Right?
Also, at DesiDime, I have reasons for referring to them as “Fraud” as well. And that is to prevent thousands of DesiDime users to end up paying to this company. If I would have always said Seemingly Fraud, then quite possible, it might have qualified as “Not a strong reason to not-promote Freedom”.

So, I am not an Insider and not at all remotely related to Mobile manufacturing industry. But yes, I have done more research and reading on Online Communities and e-commerce than probably 99.9% of DesiDimers.

Coming to basis of calling BlueBells a Seemingly Fraud company is:
(1) Nothing on Ground to achieve such a big project- No manufacturing, No Office, No marketing, No sales and distribution channel.
(2) Doing all the things in logically incorrect manner. If they have such an excellent business plan, then why doesn’t they first setup their Office and Plant? So, its like “Selling something that DOESN’T EVEN EXIST now, not even in PROTOTYPE”. Isn’t it a reason strong enough to suspect them?
(3) Or otherwise, we can’t say anyone is genuine if they are not yet proven Fraud. Taking somebody’s money without having any product? That’s a fraud here. They have a Rs 250 crore plus project (manufacturing, direct selling, and tie-ups with marketplace providers etc etc).. Is it a joke to get it done by 1 IIT Alumnus and 3 Amity passouts with no noteworthy credentials ?? Still If they wish to do it, then first do all other B-2-B things, like tie-ups etc etc, then come to B-2-C to ask for Rs 290 from each customer. That’s the way to get customer’s trust and not to be called Fraud. But starting from B-2-C and asking for payment saying that ALL B-2-B things will done afterwards.. .What is this? A new way of doing business? No its clearly a Fraudulent way of doing business.

Now why did DD promote it…. A there was a government official who had inaugurated …..currently we do not have any reason to beleive he is not honest
Similar to us BBC and other News reporters have acknowledged and not called it a scam
So our law says innocent until proven guilty and we are not bigger than the law for sure

Regarding Media Coverage, Since last 25 years I can see newspaper advertisements talking about Job-offers, business opportunities etc etc (And all of them asking money upfront) and then delivering the promised product/service. So, have you seen these Newspaper agencies doing any investigation regarding the content/genuineness of these Advertisements? In today’s newspaper also there are more than 7 such advertisements here… So, Media appearance is again not a proof of genuinity.


your research is as good as a BBC research in my opinion both are a point of view…. and each one has the right to it

and again i have no clue or any reason to right now say what some ones business plan

So my contetion is not your letter… but you usage of word “fraudulent activities on DD”

you are accusing us of something which you yourself are now acknowledging was a mistake……

As to why show this information to user…. because every user has the right to that information… to buy or not to buy is the persons individual choice and not one which we can tell them

Img 20141222 wa0003
Deal Subedar
1
43
1502
15

I personally feel how can they give such a cheap phone even the mobile covers now a days do not come under 200 yes unless you a dimmer i am pretty sure you may get it for even Rs 50/- but please give your opinions toungueout @bell_corp

Img 20141222 wa0003
Deal Subedar
1
43
1502
15

The Freedom 251 looks like yet another iPhone clone, not only on the exterior (complete with the circular home button) but even the app icons appear like a rip-off of what’s found on iOS.
The phone also appears to be a rebranded version of another phone marketed in India by New Delhi-based Adcom. The Adcom Ikon 4 (listed on a number of online shopping sites) shares the same looks and specifications as the Ringing Bells Freedom 251, including the appearance of the Apple-like icons.
Freedom 251 handset will have a 4-inch WVGA (480×800) IPS display, 3.2 megapixel auto-focus rear camera, 0.3 megapixel front camera, 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB of internal storage with SD card support, 1450 mAh battery, and Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
Adcom Ikon 4
Bookings for the phone will start from February 18 and will close on February 21 on freedom251.com. The deliveries, however, according to the company will be completed four months later – by June 30, 2016. The website was not fully functional the last time we checked.
The phone also looks nothing like the renders posted on the company’s website and on its social media accounts. The actual look of the phone, however, matches the image published on the full-page ads that appeared on Wednesday in national dailies.
Freedom 251 promotional image. The actual phone is an altogether different phone.
The image of the Indian flag on the rear of the phone is also not aesthetically appealing.

There are also doubts about the sustainability of the price model. IBNLive analysed the import costs of the components of the comparable Adcom Ikon 4 and the price of the components total to at least Rs 2546 (the Adcom Ikon 4 is priced at Rs 4081 on Flipkart). And the Freedom 251 is being advertised at a tenth of that cost. There’s also speculation abound that the price could possibly be marketing gimmick.
The phone will come with a standard warranty of 1 year. According to the company’s website, “this warranty of the product extends for a period of 12 months for the host unit, 6 months for battery and charger, and 3 months for earphone commencing from the date of purchase.”
The Freedom 251 was formally launched at an event in New Delhi by BJP MP Murli Manohar Joshi.
Currently, the other cheapest smartphones available in the market are priced around Rs 1,500. Last year, DataWind had announced that it is teaming up with Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Communications to launch the world’s most affordable smartphone, priced at Rs 999. The phone is yet to hit the market.
Established last year, Ringing Bells will start with the assembly of handsets in the first phase and aims at full indigenous development of the feature-rich smartphones.

Lll
Deal Lieutenant
12
369
3196
48

Images %281%29
Entertainer
8
1
23510
223

OP! Meet official government personnel – @bell_corp
Tag him in all your future correspondence.

Img 20150414 215658
Budding Star
46
179
29650
621

Agr krte ho har baat pe Shaqq!
.
.
.
To INDIAN ho tum
lol

Lord snow
Deal Lieutenant
3
107
4175
37
@VaibhavJain wrote:

This is also promoted by the government of INDIA and you think that it’s unethical? Dayumm! *Glitches may be happen and happened many times on Flipkart while redmi 1s was on flash sale as well, it doesn’t mean desidime didn’t promote thier deal.


Dear Vaibhav,

Thanks for taking your time to respond, and I guess you might have got the answer in other replies. Still I am collating them for your reference:

(1) This company is not promoted by Government of India. It was just the presence of some high ranked ministers there, who were invited as Guests (Not Promoters or Endorsers). Same has happened during launch of many other Fraud Schemes. Hope you might have heard about “Enron” or “Sradha Scam”

(2) Also, Newspaper advertisements are no proof of Genuineness. They are infact one of the most commonly exploited tools by Major Fraudsters.

(3) Here we (I along with some other dimers) are not questioning just the technical glitches on this company’s website. Rather we are questioning the basis for starting Sales and collecting Money just on the basis of Business-idea on Paper. They haven’t yet hired a single person or office or any other asset and have started their Big-Bang sale. What Assets do they hold to deliver the product?

(4) Last (but not least), Politeness while discussion will be very much appreciated. Stay Beautiful while discussions.

Best Regards

Edit: After @VaibhavJain response, 3-4 posts after this post:

@VaibhavJain wrote:

No time to read this much paragraph you wrote above lol 😂😂

If you don’t have time to read and understand what is being discussed, then can you please wait for others to discuss and arrive at some meaningful consensus. Else with your one-liner posts you are disrupting the discussion.

Missing