Airport Lounge Query

229°
Deal Cadet
jain01010199

I will be reaching Delhi airport 4-5 hrs early than my scheduled flight based on my train timing.

And my onward flight takes off from DELHI T2
I have gone through the reviews of T2 Delhi lounge and they are very bad. So i want to go to the lounge of T3 which is the best

Are we allowed to use Delhi T3 lounge if i have a flight taking off from T2?
I can leave the lounge an hour early to reach the other terminal. But just want to know if it’s possible and if some dimers have tried it

Expired
32 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don’t think so.. u will get lounge access after clearing security check.. and u can’t clear security as ur flight is not scheduled from that terminal

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

If that’s the case Mumbai’s Oasis lounge at T1 is also pathetic as far as reviews are concerned. toungueout
I don’t think so this would be possible to change terminals once the frisking is done because Lounge facility is accessible only after your frisking is done so after that you have to use their waiting/lounge facility itself to relax. And also, you won’t be able to change terminals when you are waiting for your flight to start boarding. If Lounge facilities were available at the arrival terminal then things would have been different but in this case i don’t think you can do that.

Do let me know once you visit their lounge with give your genuine feedback too. Hope this helps. Happy Journey smile
@jain01010199

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

If that’s the case Mumbai’s Oasis lounge at T1 is also pathetic as far as reviews are concerned. toungueout
I don’t think so this would be possible to change terminals once the frisking is done because Lounge facility is accessible only after your frisking is done so after that you have to use their waiting/lounge facility itself to relax. And also, you won’t be able to change terminals when you are waiting for your flight to start boarding. If Lounge facilities were available at the arrival terminal then things would have been different but in this case i don’t think you can do that.

Do let me know once you visit their lounge with give your genuine feedback too. Hope this helps. Happy Journey smile
@jain01010199

Genuine feedback on Google right now is that takes 45 mins to 1 hr waiting time in line where there are 30 PPL ahead of you and once you enter you realise that lounge has capacity of 25 PPL only. And very limited menu options. I wish I knew it would be so bad so that I could atleast book some other flight.

That being said, if the queue is not long, I’ll go and update the review in this thread smile

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

it’s usually long and the wait is tiresome. Not at all worth it in my opinion.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
freddyspops wrote:

it’s usually long and the wait is tiresome. Not at all worth it in my opinion.

They also offer takeaway and i heard from someone that the takeaway line is quick .
Are you aware about that? Any experience?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
jain01010199 wrote:

They also offer takeaway and i heard from someone that the takeaway line is quick .
Are you aware about that? Any experience?

this is the first I’ve heard of a takeaway in an airport lounge. The general idea is to keep a premium customer engaged with a decent lounge where they can chill with some food and restroom access before taking the flight. That defeats the purpose!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
freddyspops wrote:

this is the first I’ve heard of a takeaway in an airport lounge. The general idea is to keep a premium customer engaged with a decent lounge where they can chill with some food and restroom access before taking the flight. That defeats the purpose!

I have seen people in pune asking for takeaways and lounge folks giving them in white boxes. Never personally tried or seen at any other lounge.

I guess pune loung is pretty small and cornered.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My experience last year – I was in hurry so grabbed takeaway box before boarding flight at Bangalore. While returning at Delhi airport the queue was long but luckily there was separate desk and entry for diners and premium CC holders which saved time plus limited crowd.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

could be a new thing because of covid scene and lounges at maximum capacity

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
freddyspops wrote:

I have been to T3 lounge a week back, genuinely bothe t2 and t3 lounge is worst, the que is big and you cant even say it as a lounge, better would be to take parcel as they allow parcel food,
The best lounge i have been to is of banglore hands down

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
freddyspops wrote:

Exactly. But unfortunately at Delhi T2, it has turned out to be like this.
Apparently there’s a larger queue for the ‘dining’ as compared to the takeaway queue.

And btw there’s no washroom also in this T2 Plaza Premium lounge.

Link Copied
amit.mint wrote:

My experience last year – I was in hurry so grabbed takeaway box before boarding flight at Bangalore. While returning at Delhi airport the queue was long but luckily there was separate desk and entry for diners and premium CC holders which saved time plus limited crowd.

which are those premium cards apart from diners?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
nimod wrote:

Don’t remember others but it was diners, infinia and priority pass for sure

Link Copied
Expand
pjsandyy wrote:

Can I access the lounge if Bangalore is my halt for the connecting flight?

Link Copied
Expand
amit.mint wrote:

Don’t remember others but it was diners, infinia and priority pass for sure

Yes only if there is enough time between two flights probably more than an hour

Link Copied

No way u can enter t3 terminal lounge since it is after security.

Yes T2 terminal lounge is very small and very limited food option. huge queue. and they mostly service packed food.
T3 is good and large but now days queue are there too.
T1 lounge is bigger than T2 but again too much crowd. since most domestic flights fly here.

Link Copied
Expand
jain01010199 wrote:

Genuine feedback on Google right now is that takes 45 mins to 1 hr waiting time in line where there are 30 PPL ahead of you and once you enter you realise that lounge has capacity of 25 PPL only. And very limited menu options. I wish I knew it would be so bad so that I could atleast book some other flight.

That being said, if the queue is not long, I’ll go and update the review in this thread smile

There is a Plaza Premium lounge in Arrival Terminal of T3 also, near Exit Gate 2…But.. But, this lounge have only limited food options (some snacks,tea,coffee,water etc with washroom,wi fi)…Note: Here only Diners and Some premium cards, membership are accepted. No ViSA/Master. And no rush… smile

I have used this lounge recently as i am having 12free International/Domestic access of Lounge in My HDFC Diners Privilege card. And not traveling much nowadays.

Link Copied

if ur flight is from t2 then u r not allowed inside t3 forgot abount lounge 🤣

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

PP, Amex

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
hedip52627 wrote:

PP, Amex

But PP is chargeable for India lounges at $27 plus GST right

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
Expand
pjsandyy wrote:

I have been to T3 lounge a week back, genuinely bothe t2 and t3 lounge is worst, the que is big and you cant even say it as a lounge, better would be to take parcel as they allow parcel food,

Good info, thanks for sharing.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
TempAcc wrote:

Can I access the lounge if Bangalore is my halt for the connecting flight?

You can visit any lounge mate provided you have cards which permits access.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
pjsandyy wrote:

Yep, Kempegowda’s lounge is pretty good. Their staff were friendly and customer service too was great. 

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Yep, Kempegowda’s lounge is pretty good. Their staff too were friendly and customer service too was great. 

I have never been to lounge.. Can you please tell me what is it actually? I have hdfc regalia which gives free access.. How do I get in lounge? And what will I get there? 

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

I have never been to lounge.. Can you please tell me what is it actually? I have hdfc regalia which gives free access.. How do I get in lounge? And what will I get there? 

Complimentary lounge access is one of the various privileges provided by your credit card company among various others.

Facilities you can avail are:

Free access and utilization of the lounge where you will be served unlimited food and refreshments.
A few lounges have open to seating which you can use to sleep while seating.
Some have separate napping units or rooms where you can nap in private.
You can shower before your next flight.
You can utilize the washroom inside the lounge premises.
You will have the advantage of checking your next flight subtleties unwinding in the actual lounge.
Some lounge attendants even advise you about your next flight boarding uptime
CC – Quora

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Complimentary lounge access is one of the various privileges provided by your credit card company among various others.

Facilities you can avail are:

Free access and utilization of the lounge where you will be served unlimited food and refreshments.
A few lounges have open to seating which you can use to sleep while seating.
Some have separate napping units or rooms where you can nap in private.
You can shower before your next flight.
You can utilize the washroom inside the lounge premises.
You will have the advantage of checking your next flight subtleties unwinding in the actual lounge.
Some lounge attendants even advise you about your next flight boarding uptime
CC – Quora

You just have to show your boarding pass and your card with lounge access at the counter to avail the benefits.

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

You just have to show your boarding pass and your card with lounge access at the counter to avail the benefits.

What about the cost of food? Is it affordable? Per person cost? Is it mandatory to buy food or we can go and take a nap? And just showing credit card will do or they swipe it? 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

What about the cost of food? Is it affordable? Per person cost? Is it mandatory to buy food or we can go and take a nap? And just showing credit card will do or they swipe it? 

If you have a premium CC or DC, chances are that everything except shower/alcoholic drinks will be free of cost.

If you don’t have a CC/DC that offers lounge benefits then generally 800-1800 will be the cost of entry and get the same benefits as above

Link Copied
Expand
The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Everything included bro…on counter swipe card for Rs 2 visa , Rs. 25 mastercard refundable… after entering lounge you can eat sleep drink. Even takeaway food or drinks. No charges whatsoever. Only liquor is paid. Just like buffet everything unlimited

replyuser
Click here to reply