Amex 1000 bonus points on 20K monthly spends

80°
Commentator
prabhagar

I happened to run into this page (link below) and there’s a link to enroll for 1000 bonus points for 20000+ monthly spends. Since it does not mention eligibility of existing cards and/or monthly vs one time offer, I went ahead and enrolled it. To my surprise, I got 1000 bonus points immediately because my spends were above 20K in November already.

Anyone knows if this is a bug or if all cards are allowed to enroll every month and claim this bonus?

https://www.americanexpress.com/in/benefits/mem...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/723715/medium/IMG_20211119_170839_079.jpg?1637321954

11 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is a feature of amex MRCC card added in last update of t&c

Mostly like these points are for oct. transactions
(Generally points are credited in the next month)

You must have also enrolled in Oct?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Good Morning smile
It’s been a part of Amex benefit since sometime (when they increased from the 1000×4 to 1500×4, that time only they introduced it); However we need to enroll for it each month every time.

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
shutapdiya wrote:

You must have also enrolled in Oct?

Spot on. I did enroll in Oct as well.

@BlueFlash, Thank you, I will set a reminder to register every month. Would be helpful if they had a banner/link on our ‘My Account’ page. For now, I have bookmarked the enrollment link.

Thanks guys for clarifying!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Good Morning smile
It’s been a part of Amex benefit since sometime (when they increased from the 1000×4 to 1500×4, that time only they introduced it); However we need to enroll for it each month every time.

Really? Every month? I thought it was an one-time thing.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prabhagar wrote:

Spot on. I did enroll in Oct as well.

@BlueFlash, Thank you, I will set a reminder to register every month. Would be helpful if they had a banner/link on our ‘My Account’ page. For now, I have bookmarked the enrollment link.

Thanks guys for clarifying!

Not required, it’s one time registration

Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Good Morning smile

Nope, you dont have to enroll each month. I enrolled when the offer first came out, and have been availing for past 6 months now.

Only for newer offers, do we have to enroll before the specified date.

@Maver1ck

Link Copied

i have enrolled only once and received bonus points for 2-3 months.

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Thanks for the replies all of you.. Glad to know we don’t have to enroll every month. plus1

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Its one time enrollement and u qualify if u spent above 20k

Link Copied

Are spends on supplementary card also included , as enrolment is only for primary cards.

Missing