Best Ups

149°
Deal Cadet
63
198
8

Which is the best Ups to buy?
What will be the cheapest price?
What shall be the Ideal VA/ W aage?
Where to buy?
I need for Cpu and Monitor only minimum 15 minutes back up only.
Any personal experience?

26 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
100
8720
86

Using iball nirantar since 2012… bought from Shopclues… sad … it runs 1 router, 2 laptops, 1 tv, 1 Android box simultaneously without any issues… battery lasts 2-3years… changed it thrice so far for 700-800 from local market… I am quite happy with it… smile

108
512
11
vijkap201 wrote:

Using iball nirantar since 2012… bought from Shopclues… sad … it runs 1 router, 2 laptops, 1 tv, 1 Android box simultaneously without any issues… battery lasts 2-3years… changed it thrice so far for 700-800 from local market… I am quite happy with it… smile

Can you tell us which battery are best

353
1082
23

Got Artis 600VA UPS from Amazon last week. Tested it with my Fibre Modem, lasted 6 hours and 15 minutes (Router Adapter is rated at 0.4 Amp (max)). Makes a beep sound every 10 seconds when its on battery backup (not very loud though), will open it up and remove the speaker today as my parents dont like it.

62
1257
4
lanny25 wrote:

Got Artis 600VA UPS from Amazon last week. Tested it with my Fibre Modem, lasted 6 hours and 15 minutes (Router Adapter is rated at 0.4 Amp (max)). Makes a beep sound every 10 seconds when its on battery backup (not very loud though), will open it up and remove the speaker today as my parents dont like it.

Link?
Let us know how that speaker worked out.

353
1082
23
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Link?
Let us know how that speaker worked out.

https://www.amazon.in/Artis-PS-600VA-600VA-Line... . Here’s the link, not very hi-tech model but serves the purpose. Has a single LED, Stable LED means its on AC power, LED blinking and a beep every 10 second means its on battery backup and LED blinking and a beep every second indicates low battery.

62
1257
4
Expand
lanny25 wrote:

https://www.amazon.in/Artis-PS-600VA-600VA-Line... . Here’s the link, not very hi-tech model but serves the purpose. Has a single LED, Stable LED means its on AC power, LED blinking and a beep every 10 second means its on battery backup and LED blinking and a beep every second indicates low battery.

Thanks.
Do let us know about the speaker thing.

63
198
8
vijkap201 wrote:

Using iball nirantar since 2012… bought from Shopclues… sad … it runs 1 router, 2 laptops, 1 tv, 1 Android box simultaneously without any issues… battery lasts 2-3years… changed it thrice so far for 700-800 from local market… I am quite happy with it… smile

How much back up?
What’s the model name?
What was the price?

63
198
8
lanny25 wrote:

Got Artis 600VA UPS from Amazon last week. Tested it with my Fibre Modem, lasted 6 hours and 15 minutes (Router Adapter is rated at 0.4 Amp (max)). Makes a beep sound every 10 seconds when its on battery backup (not very loud though), will open it up and remove the speaker today as my parents dont like it.

How much?

63
198
8
lanny25 wrote:

Got Artis 600VA UPS from Amazon last week. Tested it with my Fibre Modem, lasted 6 hours and 15 minutes (Router Adapter is rated at 0.4 Amp (max)). Makes a beep sound every 10 seconds when its on battery backup (not very loud though), will open it up and remove the speaker today as my parents dont like it.

Shall I go with Artis @ 1999 ?

100
8720
86
Expand
summit_goel409 wrote:

How much back up?
What’s the model name?
What was the price?

How much back up? ….30mts-1hr…Not sure… In my gaon power goes only for split of a second.

What’s the model name? …. iBall Nirantar 621

What was the price?…. 1725 – 200(cb) = 1525

32
2608
31
summit_goel409 wrote:

I found cheapest new Artis/ Zebronics @1999 minus any promotion.

Which brand shall I choose?

If you’re not constrained for budget go for APC. Very reliable and reputed brand with excellent service. 600VA will do for a regular PC.

674
5342
57

APC is the best ups but also the costliest. UPS power rating is 60% of its VA rating so 600VA ups can deliver up to 600*0.6=360W. Backup time depends on installed ups battery & the power consumption.

https://www.apc.com/products/runtime_for_extend...

600VA APC ups gives 2.8 min of backup for full 360W load & 12.7 min of backup for 180W load.

353
1082
23
Expand
summit_goel409 wrote:

Shall I go with Artis @ 1999 ?

You may go with Artis. Shared my review, wanted to open it up and remove the speaker buy my screwdriver is too small to reach the screws which are placed deep inside the holes laughing . Will get a new one tomorrow.

353
1082
23

Just for my curiosity, has anyone tried replacing the battery on a 600VA UPS with a higher capacity, would it actually work? In principal, I think any capacity 12V battery should essentially work but not very sure if the UPS electronic circuitry has any difference based on the capacity (maybe to dissipate the extra heat or something). #CivilEngineer smile . I know it might not fit the UPS body, but I’m open to some DIY and keep the battery separate than the UPS body (drilling holes into the UPS body to run the wires) toungueout

0
1360
11

i bought from local mkt 2 months ago..zebion 600 ..gives backup for 20 min+ …2050 price

0
11401
131
lanny25 wrote:

Just for my curiosity, has anyone tried replacing the battery on a 600VA UPS with a higher capacity, would it actually work? In principal, I think any capacity 12V battery should essentially work but not very sure if the UPS electronic circuitry has any difference based on the capacity (maybe to dissipate the extra heat or something). #CivilEngineer smile . I know it might not fit the UPS body, but I’m open to some DIY and keep the battery separate than the UPS body (drilling holes into the UPS body to run the wires) toungueout

Engineer kahi dimag aise soch sakta hai biggrin
Aaj kuch toofani karna hai kya toungueout

353
1082
23
laughing Next year khud hi try karunga jab yeh battery kharaab ho jaayegi.
221
4444
28
lanny25 wrote:

Just for my curiosity, has anyone tried replacing the battery on a 600VA UPS with a higher capacity, would it actually work? In principal, I think any capacity 12V battery should essentially work but not very sure if the UPS electronic circuitry has any difference based on the capacity (maybe to dissipate the extra heat or something). #CivilEngineer smile . I know it might not fit the UPS body, but I’m open to some DIY and keep the battery separate than the UPS body (drilling holes into the UPS body to run the wires) toungueout

@mrKool_JJ @lanny25

You can do that, but here’s what will happen. The charging circuitry inside the UPS is limited to charge a 7Ah battery. If you increase the rating, the charging time increases and as a result heat produced also increases. So the charging circuit does more job for extended times and it may go kaput.

Let’s say the charging is taken care, now comes the discharging. The discharging also takes decent amount of time, and this is where it produces more heat, and it definitely needs a bigger heat sink inside and better heat dissipation.

The battery can be wired externally, but tweaking the charging/discharging part is a big bummer.

Missing