Hot Deal

Credit card bill - suggestions

366°
Deal Lieutenant
Sharingan

I need to pay credit card bill of more than 5 lacs.

Just want some suggestions of what best tips, tricks and hacks people use in order to get maximum benefit for the same.

52 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

If Due date is nearby pay using NEFT
If you have some time, use Cred, mobikwik to get few rewards/supercash.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
manikantaks4u wrote:

If Due date is nearby pay using NEFT
If you have some time, use Cred, mobikwik to get few rewards/supercash.

Bill has not been generated yet, so I have some time..
Just wanted to ensure I get some rewards as the bill amount is too much due to some unavoidable and unexpected spend

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Sorry I couldn’t get you?

Your post says Kore. Nevermind I guess you wanted to say More. Use cred/Mobikwik or HDFC debit card option if your card support cashback.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

For successful bill payment

  • DCB elie for 0.05% assured cashback
  • Hdfc platinum debit card and hdfc bill pay combination 750/- per month..
  • User specific Amazon card payment offers

For not-so-successful payments

  • Mobikwik for supercash via UPI. I would not recommend this as the amount involved is huge, any problem during payment will result in having the funds stuck for a week or two
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Manitian wrote:

Your post says Kore. Nevermind I guess you wanted to say More. Use cred/Mobikwik or HDFC debit card option if your card support cashback.

Sorry, just a typo

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Bill has not been generated yet, so I have some time..
Just wanted to ensure I get some rewards as the bill amount is too much due to some unavoidable and unexpected spend

1. If you got hdfc Platinum Debit card then pay thru hdfc bill pay section
2. Mobikwik to earn supercash
3. Cred for some cashbacks
4. Amazon for some cashback
5. Paytm if you are eligible for any cashback
6. Phonepe for some coupons

@Siddhartha07

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

More than 5 lac on credit card bill…
If it’s for real .just pay using direct bank. Ignore 5-10 Rs of cashback..or some useless points.

Infact…pay direct NEFT from your back account just 3 days before the payment cycle. (keeping 5lac in saving account itself will give you more interest than paying via any other means)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Where debit card is accepted for credit card payment? Any way with cred available?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
hotchap wrote:

1. If you got hdfc Platinum Debit card then pay thru hdfc bill pay section
2. Mobikwik to earn supercash
3. Cred for some cashbacks
4. Amazon for some cashback
5. Paytm if you are eligible for any cashback
6. Phonepe for some coupons

@Siddhartha07

Can you please share the hdfc bill pay method? I searched on desidime but couldn’t find the related thread.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Sudarshan61 wrote:

More than 5 lac on credit card bill…
If it’s for real .just pay using direct bank. Ignore 5-10 Rs of cashback..or some useless points.

Infact…pay direct NEFT from your back account just 3 days before the payment cycle. (keeping 5lac in saving account itself will give you more interest than paying via any other means)

Yes, I have IDFC account..will pay in the final few days

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Why don’t they have a menu to delete a wrong thread post, instead of allowing only editing and writing something like this.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Yes, I have IDFC account..will pay in the final few days

Exactly, when such large amounts are involved, it is always best to choose the safest / fail-safe payment method rather than the most convenient / cheapest option.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Which Bank Credit card?
U can pay on same day for HDFC or SBI thru CRED – instant credit or same day credit even if if u do not get confirmation.
I did up to 3lacs. CRED is pretty fast. Pay 100001+100002..using debit cards for extra debit card rewards.
Pls note Debit cards have daily spend limits like DCB Bank card has Rs2lacs limit and SBI DC has 75K limit per day

Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied

1. DCB elite – 0.5% upto 2k per month, Chk if u can use on cred
2. Hdfc bill pay using platinum rewards dc
- 1% cb upto 750 per month per card/ac
- can not be used to pay hdfc and some other cc bill
-pay atleast 5 days b4 due
3. Hdfc millenia dc gives 1% upto 400 per month
- can be used on mobikwik
- 90 dyas to get cashback
4. Mobikwik to earn supercash
- usually 1% supercash upto 1000 (full kyc), 2% upto 1k on first of month, code ccpay
- try ccpay with dc from web
- pay at least 7 days in advance
5. Cred for some cashbacks
- new cred account gives 2% upto 1000 reward by using 10gems on first txn,
and scratch cards on subsequent txn of 50k, 20k etc
- payment settled for most cc instantly or within 2-3 hours
- for payment above 1L u can use debit card for rp

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
insta wrote:

1. DCB elite – 0.5% upto 2k per month, Chk if u can use on cred
2. Hdfc bill pay using platinum rewards dc
- 1% cb upto 750 per month per card/ac
- can not be used to pay hdfc and some other cc bill
-pay atleast 5 days b4 due
3. Hdfc millenia dc gives 1% upto 400 per month
- can be used on mobikwik
- 90 dyas to get cashback
4. Mobikwik to earn supercash
- usually 1% supercash upto 1000 (full kyc), 2% upto 1k on first of month, code ccpay
- try ccpay with dc from web
- pay at least 7 days in advance
5. Cred for some cashbacks
- new cred account gives 2% upto 1000 reward by using 10gems on first txn,
and scratch cards on subsequent txn of 50k, 20k etc
- payment settled for most cc instantly or within 2-3 hours
- for payment above 1L u can use debit card for rp

Thanks..can hdfc bill pay be used to pay icici card bill? Also, where does the cashback come?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

Which Bank Credit card?
U can pay on same day for HDFC or SBI thru CRED – instant credit or same day credit even if if u do not get confirmation.
I did up to 3lacs. CRED is pretty fast. Pay 100001+100002..using debit cards for extra debit card rewards.
Pls note Debit cards have daily spend limits like DCB Bank card has Rs2lacs limit and SBI DC has 75K limit per day

Icici card..I have only icici debit card, which gives payback points..so not worth much value

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
teriab33 wrote:

Why don’t they have a menu to delete a wrong thread post, instead of allowing only editing and writing something like this.

What do you mean?

Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied
Expand
Sharingan wrote:

Thanks..can hdfc bill pay be used to pay icici card bill? Also, where does the cashback come?

Yes,
Cb shown as rewards points within 3-4 days.
Try with small amount first to verify. Only for using platinum debit card.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

For successful bill payment

  • DCB elie for 0.05% assured cashback
  • Hdfc platinum debit card and hdfc bill pay combination 750/- per month..
  • User specific Amazon card payment offers

For not-so-successful payments

  • Mobikwik for supercash via UPI. I would not recommend this as the amount involved is huge, any problem during payment will result in having the funds stuck for a week or two

Now 37th Day, Money is stuck with Mobikwik. Repetitive message on twitter.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I feel sorry bro

Complaint to RBI now lets see what happens. Perfect case of “Save a penny, lose a dollar.”

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

Which Bank Credit card?
U can pay on same day for HDFC or SBI thru CRED – instant credit or same day credit even if if u do not get confirmation.
I did up to 3lacs. CRED is pretty fast. Pay 100001+100002..using debit cards for extra debit card rewards.
Pls note Debit cards have daily spend limits like DCB Bank card has Rs2lacs limit and SBI DC has 75K limit per day

How Did U Paid Via Debit Card in cred App…? I can see only upi and net banking

Missing