Hot Deal

Dell Vostro 1550 Core i5 exchange value

380°
Deal Subedar
sardasa

Flipkart is giving me 12k for my Dell Vostro 1550, Core i5 which I bought for 35.5k in May 2013.

Can someone please opine if its good deal & shall I go for this exchange value or can I get better deal anywhere else?

Assuming, I take the above deal then which one should I buy from either Dell or HP if I need below config:
i6 to i8
4 gb ram
1 tb hard disk
Dont need N.vidia or ati chip.

60 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

try olx too if u get better price

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

New one is costing 33k currently. I am getting 12k for 6 years old laptop. Do you think I can get better deal?

View 1 more reply
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

how about resale value for core i3 laptops around 4-5 years usage

rolleyes
Link Copied

You can check it on flipkart.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

good deal

Link Copied

Also why are you writing i6 to i8 🤨

Link Copied

Because I already have i5 and would like to upgrade. I can opt for i5 as well if I get any good model.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

There is no i6 or i8, just so you know. The number iX is only an indication btw i3 to i7 ULV in the past all had 2 cores rolleyes

Link Copied

Thank you for clarification.
You seem to be a learned person.
Can you please answer my question on which one should I select.
PS: Obviously I have less knowledge than you. Hence, made this post. Now, you typing in bold is making me feel even more inferior.

Link Copied

You have to ask yourself this -

Are you going to use the laptop for work, heavy games/applications or just regular stuff like browsing or watching videos? If you are getting this for battery life then i3 or R3 are the best choices, i5 or R5 is good for more CPU heavy tasks but battery life will suffer.

Link Copied

No gaming at all. Would use it for browsing and not much heavy task at all.
It needs to be light weight with good battery life.

Do you mean I can opt for i3 8th gen over my current i5 2nd gen and would get better performance?

Link Copied

It isn’t just about generation, what is the model number for that one? Regular 25-45W (old) processors are nearly as good as the cheap ULV variants of today.

Link Copied

Ultra low voltage, 15w or below. Your model is real old, I guess it’s a really good price for exchange if the laptop is in good condition. Remember for product exchange they can deny the request even if there’s a small dent, scratch or crack. Though usually laptops don’t get as much wear & tear as phones, but with flipkart you never know for sure. Check these models, IMO great VFM -

https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-330-ryz...
https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-330-ryz...

Link Copied

They will send me new laptop first and then send someone to pick up my old laptop? At that time if the person denies to pick up my laptop then can I return the new laptop as I am buying this new laptop only for the reason of exchange value.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

Same time, they will check the laptop if it’s acceptable then they’ll take it. I’m not sure what happens if they reject exchange, you need to call FK & check if they’ll deliver the product?

Link Copied

Point 6 in their TnC says that they’ll cancel the order and issue me refund after deducting Rs. 100 + (something more as per their refund policy? )

1. By participating in the exchange I confirm that I am the sole and absolute owner and/or user of the laptop mentioned above.

2. I understand that certain checks will be conducted by the delivery personnel who will be delivering the new laptop and picking up the old laptop:

3. I agree and undertake that:

Processor of the old laptop is same as that provided by me on the Flipkart website at the time of purchase of the new laptop

Serial number on back of the old laptop matches against serial number provided by me on the Flipkart website at the time of purchase of the new laptop

Brand, Model and other details mentioned about the old laptop to be exchanged at the time of Order matches with the the details of the old laptop

The old laptop switches on and should be in switch on mode for a minimum of 30 seconds without connecting to charger

Old laptop’s charger is present

Old laptop’s Screen is not broken

Old laptop’s does not have lines when switched on

Old laptop is free from any damaged / broken / missing parts

4. Exchange value offered may vary based on the Processor of the old laptop.

5. The exchange offer applicable is solely by the Seller and not by Flipkart or Intel.

6. The information w.r.t the old laptop provided by me will be verified by the field executive during delivery of new laptop. In case there is a mismatch in the information entered by me, with the actual information on the old laptop, the order would be cancelled and the exchange offer will stand cancelled and the Wish Master will neither hand over the new laptop to me nor take the old laptop. Any amount paid at the time of purchase of the new laptop will be refunded as per the refund policy of Flipkart, subject to deduction of pick up charges, as applicable.

7. I confirm that old laptop which I am exchanging under the exchange offer is genuine and is not counterfeit, free from any and all encumbrances, liens, attachments, disputes, legal flaws, exchange or any agreement of sale etc. and I have got the clear ownership of the said old laptop.

8. No Documents will be collected related to old laptop during the pick up. You will be required to give an undertaking of ownership of the old laptop.

9. I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Flipkart, its affiliates and/or any future buyer of the old laptop against all or any third party claims, demand, cost, expenses including attorney fees which may be suffered, incurred, undergone and / or sustained by Flipkart, its affiliates or any future buyer due to usage of the old laptop by me till date.

10. I confirm that all the data in the said old laptop will be erased before handing it over under the exchange offer. I also confirm that in spite of erasing the data manually/electronically, if any data is still accessible due to any technical reason, Flipkart, Seller or the Manufacturer shall not be responsible for the same and I will not approach Flipkart for any retrieval of the data.

11. I understand that the price quoted for the old laptop at the time of checkout is the final price offered by the Seller for the old laptop. The final price will be inclusive of all discounts and other offers available on the product exchange offer.

12. I understand that the old laptop is being bought by the Seller from whom I am purchasing the new laptop solely in exchange for the purchase of the new laptop. There is no other consideration due from the Seller or Flipkart to me for availing the exchange offer.

13. I understand that the new laptop delivery and the old laptop pickup will happen simultaneously (hand in hand) and I shall keep the old laptop ready to be given for exchange.

14. In relation to shipping charges of old laptop, I understand that I will have to pay pickup charges towards shipping charges of old laptop as mentioned in the checkout page. The pickup charges will be over and above the exchange value of the old laptop. I understand and agree that in the event that the exchange offer is cancelled as a result of the old laptop failing any of the checks for the exchange offer mentioned in these terms and conditions, the refund of any payment made will be after deducting the pickup charges.

15. If your exchange item does not qualify for pick up, you can still get your new product by paying an additional amount (equivalent to the discount that you got for your exchange item) in cash at the time of delivery of your new device. Bank discounts that you might have got on your order will not be re-calculated in this case.

Link Copied

This is 2 core only, the models I listed are 2 & 4 cores, both cheaper than the HP one. Intel laptops are also more expensive than AMD, with marginally faster CPU & much worse GPU.

Link Copied

What’s GPU? I want Intel one rather than AMD.

View 5 more replies
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

how is this Ryzen 3 and 5 processor compared to i3 and i5

Link Copied

No idea.

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Op please checkout the new dell inspirion series .now it’s offersing 3 year extended waranty plus free microsoft office and sony earphones or you can check lenovo 530s@60k .Free extended waranty not sure if it’s still running.
https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-in-1-...

Link Copied

Can I extract my licensed Windows OS from my current laptop and put it in my new laptop?

View 5 more replies
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

Gear Up for Holicious Deals!

gadget day on flipkart starts 15 march 2019

Link Copied

Then they will remove exchange offer..

View 1 more reply
Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Which is the cheapest one with IPS panel as of now? Dell?

Link Copied

You’re sounding like el cheapo spending 50k on a laptop but not windows license rolleyes

Link Copied

I have already spent on windows license. Now, what’s the point of spending again when I am exchanging my old laptop for new one?

Link Copied

That’s how (OS) licensing works, also did you buy a genuine license?

Link Copied

That’s what I am asking how it works and yes it’s a genuine license. I paid for Windows 7 and when they gave Windows 10 for free to every Windows 7 user then I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10.

Dimer of The Year 2020 Dimer of The Year 2020
Link Copied

what ever u buy but buy min config of i5/r7+8gb ram+ssd for win and 3rd party applications installations only+hdd for storage only. will be good for long run.

Link Copied

Yes. I have figured this out by now. Infact I will be buying Core i5, 8th gen and 128 GB SSD..

Link Copied

If it’s a retail license you may be able to activate it on the new machine, you should contact MS on the exact steps as the license key would be for win7 – try their toll free number.

Link Copied

Doing the same. They have put me on hold since last 17 minutes.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

What is your location, I can buy your Dell laptop if you are nearby and it’s flawless…

Link Copied

I am in Pune.
How much can you offer?

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Isn’t it self-explanatory? Do you think an extra 1TB of spinning rust and a measly Radeon 530 justifies an extra 16k? At best it would be worth 5k. Plus you have mentioned that you won’t game? The Intel iGPU is good enough for casual/older games. Most importantly the AMD GPU will castrate your battery life. Go for the model listed on FK. Do enquire about extended warranty options if you care.
P.S. I am not 100% sure if its the same model or not but make sure it doesn’t have a sub-par display unless of course if you don’t mind it.

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply