Getting jio stb on postpaid 399 plan

159°
Deal Cadet
niggabecool

I have a 6 month jio 399 plan. However now I want to get a stb. Customer care tells me that I need to upgrade to 999 plan and then get pay 1k to get it. Is there any other way to get it lt?

since i have already paid for like 6 months. Can I upgrade to 999 plan for a day and downgrade again after getting stb. Will they charge me full month for this ?

Expired
23 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

get a firestick

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

niggabecool  Let me answer your questions; answer in italics

Is there any other way to get it lt?  No other way. Unofficially people say one can buy from technicians

Can I upgrade to 999 plan for a day and downgrade again after getting stb. No. Jio is Prepaid and there is no option to change plans before expiry

Will they charge me full month for this ? Yes

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
mGforCe wrote:

niggabecool  Let me answer your questions; answer in italics

Is there any other way to get it lt?  No other way. Unofficially people say one can buy from technicians

Can I upgrade to 999 plan for a day and downgrade again after getting stb. No. Jio is Prepaid and there is no option to change plans before expiry

Will they charge me full month for this ? Yes

Jiofiber also has postpaid option. OP has mentioned he has postpaid.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

Jiofiber also has postpaid option. OP has mentioned he has postpaid.

My bad.

But then in Jio, plans changes are not possible. Telling from my 3 yrs experience with Jio Prepaid.

In Airtel, whether its prepaid (arp) or postpaid – plan changes are allowed. Not in Jio

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mGforCe wrote:

My bad.

But then in Jio, plans changes are not possible. Telling from my 3 yrs experience with Jio Prepaid.

In Airtel, whether its prepaid (arp) or postpaid – plan changes are allowed. Not in Jio

You mean plan changes before plan expiry? Yes, that is not possible in prepaid. Are you sure it’s not possible in jiofiber postpaid also? Maybe we can try placing a request with customer care?

Does airtel have prepaid option? I thought it only has postpaid. By prepaid I mean proper prepaid like jio, where we can recharge a plan when needed and there is no compulsion to pay the bill when no active pack is recharged.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

You mean plan changes before plan expiry? Yes, that is not possible in prepaid. Are you sure it’s not possible in jiofiber postpaid also? Maybe we can try placing a request with customer care?

Does airtel have prepaid option? I thought it only has postpaid. By prepaid I mean proper prepaid like jio, where we can recharge a plan when needed and there is no compulsion to pay the bill when no active pack is recharged.

I had checked with a friend who had Jio Postpaid (he had GST no.) and informed that plan can’t be changed. Best if niggabecool can check and confirm back.

About Airtel – there is no prepaid in the sense that if you don’t pay they put on hold and no charges (like the way Jio Fiber has). Airtel just has ARP – advance rental plans

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mGforCe wrote:

I had checked with a friend who had Jio Postpaid (he had GST no.) and informed that plan can’t be changed. Best if niggabecool can check and confirm back.

About Airtel – there is no prepaid in the sense that if you don’t pay they put on hold and no charges (like the way Jio Fiber has). Airtel just has ARP – advance rental plans

how to add gst in jio fiber postpaid. can you ask

Mumbai Indians Mumbai Indians
Link Copied

For those who want to ditch their cable operators (because who watches cable tv nowadays).

No more installation fees or additional cost for set top box or router.

Even if you take basic 399 plan, you can pay 100 more and get set top box and 6 OTT apps, 200 more for 14 OTT apps.


https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/te...

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Ask your friend or neighbour to get it for you. It’s not like the device is linked to anything. I am using it with pure Android TV 10 OS now biggrin

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

New jiofiber plans have announced where u can pay extra 100 rupess for 1 month in which you get 6 ott subscription & stb

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

New jio fiber plans are from 22 april so wait for 2 days

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

getting an option in app to get stb which requires me to pay (399+100)+GST. Not upgrading right now since there is no clarity on what will happen to the payment for the current month (In jio’s postpaid you pay in advance) is already made.


Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

For 100 Rs all mostly useless subs

Alt balaji
Shemaroo
Eros
Lionsgate
Universal

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Will the 12 subscriptions work on non jio devices as well? I use CWGTV and if the apps work with my regular mobile number or email based login, then it’s a good deal for 200pm..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Kochiro wrote:

Ask your friend or neighbour to get it for you. It’s not like the device is linked to anything. I am using it with pure Android TV 10 OS now biggrin

you are using it with jio fiber only or some other broadband connection? 

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
prabhagar wrote:

Will the 12 subscriptions work on non jio devices as well? I use CWGTV and if the apps work with my regular mobile number or email based login, then it’s a good deal for 200pm..

I think we can get those subs for cheaper ourselves.
Main ones are zee5, Hotstar and Sony only

Only if one is using more than these 3 it may be useful

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
jambui wrote:

you are using it with jio fiber only or some other broadband connection? 

jio fiber with 1k deposits

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Are all live channels available on jio stb? In 599 plan?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If switching plans is not possible, it’s not worth it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

JIO postpaid bill is totally confusing,  I opted for 3 month postpaid 699+200 plan.

3180 postpaid advance payment made on 3rd

installation done on 4th

the billing cycle date I received was 11th May

from4th may to 11th May I have recevd a bill of 1343 which make absolutely no sense !!

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply