Hot Deal How are we doing our moderation?

1322°
5,157
26435
972

Hello everyone,

Daily we do a lot of moderation in forum, which involves from deleting spam, checking/editing comments, checking new users deals/post, checking affiliate links, moving topics between forums, making dimers aware about forum rules, checking trading topics, giving warning if someone is repeatedly not following rules and so on. And a lot goes on in background as well.

But we would like to hear from you all, as in how we are doing. If there is anything which we can improve, which we are missing out. We do get suggestions and request in messages but we would to ask this in open so we can get better at it, as only objective is to provide you all better experience while browsing forum.

We have also added poll to this topic.

105 Comments  |  
45 Dimers
Missing
Admin
5,157
26435
972
popeyethedimer wrote:

@androgame bro your suggestion about trading was good you can tell here also.

yes we read that, and we are already working on new set of rules for that section.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59

Content has been removed.

Missing
Deal Subedar
172
1534
13

The Suspension seems to be driven by moderation team’s personal grudge or lack of knowledge of the matter and are taken on a whim. Not good!

Missing
Admin
5,157
26435
972
161508 wrote:

There is average, good, very good, excellent for positives…
And only poor for a negative option? No poorest.?

You people do whatever you want with your website and rules are only there to be followed by dimers.?

Poorest moderation / administration!!

It will be helpful if you highlight specific points. So that we can also understand things we can improve upon.

Missing
Entertainer
452
7283
83

Excellent… smile 👍👍 … but please be humbly informed that my favorite pal @vijkap202 was kicked out of DD for no fault.. sad toungueout

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
Expand
bumblefoot wrote:

It will be helpful if you highlight specific points. So that we can also understand things we can improve upon.

Content has been removed.

Missing
Admin
2,125
17897
694

Guys please understand one thing it is very hard to take feedback in life, but we want to make it better for all of us and I am sure there maybe areas which we are missing and areas where we are good… but learning can never stop

This thread is created for feedback’s and not for attacks on the mod team, if you have a criticism please highlight with an example what you feel and why ….also along with it provide a solution of how it could have been done… at the end of the day we all want us one thing to make the community more stronger smile

Missing
Admin
2,125
17897
694
Expand
161508 wrote:

I won’t be getting anything to make you improve. Y should I help??

That itself helps, as that helps us understand how serious your criticism is smile

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
Expand
anthrax.ut wrote:

That itself helps, as that helps us understand how serious your criticism is smile

Have updated my post… Go see it. That is just an example..!!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
anthrax.ut wrote:

Guys please understand one thing it is very hard to take feedback in life, but we want to make it better for all of us and I am sure there maybe areas which we are missing and areas where we are good… but learning can never stop

This thread is created for feedback’s and not for attacks on the mod team, if you have a criticism please highlight with an example what you feel and why ….also along with it provide a solution of how it could have been done… at the end of the day we all want us one thing to make the community more stronger smile

Content has been removed.

Missing
Deal Subedar
172
1534
13
Expand
161508 wrote:

Have updated my post… Go see it. That is just an example..!!

“Either my way or the highway”
They follow this policy.

They can’t see their own wrongdoings when someone points fingers on them. Instead they all come together to cut that finger.

@anthrax.ut rightly said, “it is very hard to take feedback in life”. What he probably doesn’t realize is that lot of folks on dd think that way for him.

May God bless some brains to everybody.

Missing
Admin
2,125
17897
694
Expand
cocay wrote:

“Either my way or the highway”
They follow this policy.

They can’t see their own wrongdoings when someone points fingers on them. Instead they all come together to cut that finger.

@anthrax.ut rightly said, “it is very hard to take feedback in life”. What he probably doesn’t realize is that lot of folks on dd think that way for him.

May God bless some brains to everybody.

For sure many will be thinking that buddy smile hence taking feedback.. there is always a start

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
732
4558
55

Not worthy deals are promoted to fpd.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
228
6953
104
Expand
161508 wrote:

… also along with it provide a solution of how it could have been done …

Why? What are you providing for that? Fake contests.?

Contests were not fake bhai. It’s just some participants were smarter and way better than me.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
228
6953
104
Harish.agarwal wrote:

How do I hit no. 5 multiple times

Maybe dream about voting n take 5 naps today 😜

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Contests were not fake bhai. It’s just some participants were smarter and way better than me.

Content has been removed.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,130
2913
20

1) If you block some platform or certain url, must inform in an announcement board for dimers. Like, there was deal for freecharge deal and only freecharge deal url is blocked and recharges are allowed. Now it went for moderation and later deleted. Before 3 days of posting that deal it was working. So how anyone get to know when anything is blocked or released to be posted.
2) There are many same topics in dost and dimes like on credit card, banks etc. Everyday someone wants help he/she create new thread. And this is possibly due to poor search feature in app that sometimes doesn’t show appropriate results.
For most talked topics,a QnA section can be created like credit card. If anyone needs help, he may open a question and after resolution (which needs confirmation from op) it gets listed as QnA. So a new same case doesn’t need a new thread.

Missing
Pro Critic
255
9641
142

Already an excellent job by all the mods and admin nothing much to say.

Have one issue related to groups. I am seeing that people are sharing almost all deals in their groups just for increasing the group hotness. I am afraid to tell that out of 10 deals 8-9 are useless, and by useless i mean totally crap, and i guess now the time has come where the team needs to modify the algorithm where sharing deals below certain degree of hotness of the topic will reduces channels hotness instead of increasing.

Otherwise there is no point for the dimers who only want to send quality deals to the user rather then sending all crap deals just to increase their hotness and get rewarded at the end of the month.

And i guess this all started from the time the monthly reward was started. For first few month i had to tell co-owner in my group not to send their own post via my channel or don’t send deals which are not worth, but ultimately i had to remove all co-owners and stopped sending the deals myself. So my channels which i guess was on top for good 4-5 months is now below 0 degree.

Edit: https://www.desidime.com/tradings/weekly-giveaw...

Just have a look at the deals posted by this owner. The quality of deals are pathetic and looks to me he is just bribing the dimers to join his group by asking them to join and he will do giveaway. Ridiculuous.
@bumblefoot

Missing
Deal Subedar
177
1659
9
THE_Beast wrote:

Already an excellent job by all the mods and admin nothing much to say.

Have one issue related to groups. I am seeing that people are sharing almost all deals in their groups just for increasing the group hotness. I am afraid to tell that out of 10 deals 8-9 are useless, and by useless i mean totally crap, and i guess now the time has come where the team needs to modify the algorithm where sharing deals below certain degree of hotness of the topic will reduces channels hotness instead of increasing.

Otherwise there is no point for the dimers who only want to send quality deals to the user rather then sending all crap deals just to increase their hotness and get rewarded at the end of the month.

@surajsengar

Missing
Perfectionist
7,263
10831
115
THE_Beast wrote:

Already an excellent job by all the mods and admin nothing much to say.

Have one issue related to groups. I am seeing that people are sharing almost all deals in their groups just for increasing the group hotness. I am afraid to tell that out of 10 deals 8-9 are useless, and by useless i mean totally crap, and i guess now the time has come where the team needs to modify the algorithm where sharing deals below certain degree of hotness of the topic will reduces channels hotness instead of increasing.

Otherwise there is no point for the dimers who only want to send quality deals to the user rather then sending all crap deals just to increase their hotness and get rewarded at the end of the month.

Your point @BLANCO @onlineuser7

Missing
Deal Subedar
394
2442
27

4 : Very Good
@anthrax.ut
I want to highlight one issue related to “deleting spam”
Some dimers commented on buying/not buying items posted in hot deals based on origin/mfg of product.
I am not sure on which basis admins remove such comments as spam.
If such things are affecting your business, then please clarify it.

You arranged spam games as contests.
https://www.desidime.com/deals/day-34-contest-s...
https://www.desidime.com/deals/day-44-contest-s...

I already tagged admins 3 times for clarification on this issue.
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/aatmanirbh...
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/aatmanirbh...
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/aatmanirbh...
No one from your team cared to reply.
I understand that admins are humans, but they should not be biased.
Regards.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
THE_Beast wrote:

Already an excellent job by all the mods and admin nothing much to say.

Have one issue related to groups. I am seeing that people are sharing almost all deals in their groups just for increasing the group hotness. I am afraid to tell that out of 10 deals 8-9 are useless, and by useless i mean totally crap, and i guess now the time has come where the team needs to modify the algorithm where sharing deals below certain degree of hotness of the topic will reduces channels hotness instead of increasing.

Otherwise there is no point for the dimers who only want to send quality deals to the user rather then sending all crap deals just to increase their hotness and get rewarded at the end of the month.

And i guess this all started from the time the monthly reward was started. For first few month i had to tell co-owner in my group not to send their own post via my channel or don’t send deals which are not worth, but ultimately i had to remove all co-owners and stopped sending the deals myself. So my channels which i guess was on top for good 4-5 months is now below 0 degree.

Content has been removed.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
Expand
cocay wrote:

“Either my way or the highway”
They follow this policy.

They can’t see their own wrongdoings when someone points fingers on them. Instead they all come together to cut that finger.

@anthrax.ut rightly said, “it is very hard to take feedback in life”. What he probably doesn’t realize is that lot of folks on dd think that way for him.

May God bless some brains to everybody.

Content has been removed.

Missing