Hotness How to get support from Zomato

Hot Deal How to get support from Zomato

1760°
Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138

Does anyone know how to contact Zomato support?

I ordered Domino pizza yesterday @ about 9 PM and paid online. But the Domino store called me that they could not deliver the order and they will cancel it. So I said OK. I waited an hour and they did not cancel the order and Zomato automatically checked it as delivered.

Now what to do?

28 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
1
591
3

Call zomato CC
Zomato Customer care Helpline number South India : +91 8375 097031

Zomato customer Care Contact Number North India : +91 8375 073452

Zomato Toll Free number West India : +91 8375 092754

Zomato Toll Free Customer Care Number India : 91 11 30806376

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138
Nik14 wrote:

Call zomato CC
Zomato Customer care Helpline number South India : +91 8375 097031

Zomato customer Care Contact Number North India : +91 8375 073452

Zomato Toll Free number West India : +91 8375 092754

Zomato Toll Free Customer Care Number India : 91 11 30806376

Thanks for the numbers.

Called North India number (2nd) and it is out of service.

Called Toll Free Customer Care Number India (4th) and it says the restaurant is closed.
lol. which restaurant?

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
591
3
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Thanks for the numbers.

Called North India number (2nd) and it is out of service.

Called Toll Free Customer Care Number India (4th) and it says the restaurant is closed.
lol. which restaurant?

Check pm

Missing
Deal Subedar
95
1222
26

Directly deal with Domino’s now.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Want to cancel my order from Tav parsad nit 2 and want to refund my money Faridabad Haryana

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4359
134

Dominos did this with me as well and refunded it in like 2 weeks.. Took almost a week for them to even send me an SMS about the refund.

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138
alienteck wrote:

Dominos did this with me as well and refunded it in like 2 weeks.. Took almost a week for them to even send me an SMS about the refund.

I got in touch with the Zomato customer care the next day and mentioned the issue. The guy called the Domino’s outlet to cross check and issued me refund instantly. He also gave me 80 rs bonus just for my troubles.

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4359
134
Expand
Roushh wrote:

I got in touch with the Zomato customer care the next day and mentioned the issue. The guy called the Domino’s outlet to cross check and issued me refund instantly. He also gave me 80 rs bonus just for my troubles.

I had made the order directly with dominos using payzapp, but like you the order still did not show as cancelled. And took many days before I got a message that it was etc..But a week later got an SMS from dominos saying they are issuing a refund. Then another week for it to happen.. Dont know why it takes them so long to do anything.. Even my order last night the GPS showed he was at home for 15 minutes and ended up somewhere else when it said he was outside.. But he did show up 5 mins later.. So instead of 30 mins it was an hour.. It seems non of the things that works elsewhere do not work in india. Be thrilled what ever works, works.. But I see many trying to destroy even that.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Kindly please someone help me with the zomato customer care number

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

My suport plz zometo online dosnt not ready
So plz redy to my cafe zometo order plz

Missing
Critic
731
1546
14
joshishasank750394 wrote:

My suport plz zometo online dosnt not ready
So plz redy to my cafe zometo order plz

Kahna kya chahte ho bhai..??

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Very bad cc support.. No reply from CC bvery bad customer experience i did not get the order and they marked it delivered and no response

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

MRA order nhi aya Maine payement google pay se kiya tha or MRA balance Kat gya h mra balance return kijiye

Missing
Deal Subedar
195
2915
41
singhneha12pjk470 wrote:

MRA order nhi aya Maine payement google pay se kiya tha or MRA balance Kat gya h mra balance return kijiye

Vapas kardiyha bhai, Ab kush?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
2

Exactly the same case but still not received the refund.

Zomato cc saying they refunded me…but didnot receive the same…cc is of no help…they repeating the same thing that we already refunded you!!!! call your bank..call dominos…dnt know what to do!! :‘( :’(

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138
dblueknight wrote:

Exactly the same case but still not received the refund.

Zomato cc saying they refunded me…but didnot receive the same…cc is of no help…they repeating the same thing that we already refunded you!!!! call your bank..call dominos…dnt know what to do!! :‘( :’(

Call your bank and let them know the whole issue. Tell them that they are asking you to contact the bank because they have already refunded you. And ask them to check if the transaction has been refunded or not. If it is not refunded then ask them to file a dispute against that transaction.

If they do not register a complaint then ask them what information do they require in order to register the complaint.

Also, contact Zomato and ask for refund transaction id. Tell them that you contacted the bank and they are asking for the transaction id in order to track it.

When did you order? When did they refund? How much time has passed?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Call your bank and let them know the whole issue. Tell them that they are asking you to contact the bank because they have already refunded you. And ask them to check if the transaction has been refunded or not. If it is not refunded then ask them to file a dispute against that transaction.

If they do not register a complaint then ask them what information do they require in order to register the complaint.

Also, contact Zomato and ask for refund transaction id. Tell them that you contacted the bank and they are asking for the transaction id in order to track it.

When did you order? When did they refund? How much time has passed?

1 and half month passed.
already contracted bank 2 weeks before…gave them the ‘tranc id’ collected from zomato chat support but bank said that in case of upi and not debit/credit card transaction they cannot verify anything with this id which is initiated by third party and not by me… they also assured that as in case of upi payment when a merchant makes any refund transaction it credited automatically to the respective account. as my passbook showing no credit it simply means that they didnot refund the amount. and zomato repeatedly saying one thing only that they already refunded me! dont know who to blame bank or zomato….contacted gpay cc also they said the same thing as bank that in refund case amount simply credited to bank… totally confused!! posted a complaint to zomato contact us page but didnot get any reply so far…1n half week passed I think my refund gone!!! cry

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138
Expand
dblueknight wrote:

1 and half month passed.
already contracted bank 2 weeks before…gave them the ‘tranc id’ collected from zomato chat support but bank said that in case of upi and not debit/credit card transaction they cannot verify anything with this id which is initiated by third party and not by me… they also assured that as in case of upi payment when a merchant makes any refund transaction it credited automatically to the respective account. as my passbook showing no credit it simply means that they didnot refund the amount. and zomato repeatedly saying one thing only that they already refunded me! dont know who to blame bank or zomato….contacted gpay cc also they said the same thing as bank that in refund case amount simply credited to bank… totally confused!! posted a complaint to zomato contact us page but didnot get any reply so far…1n half week passed I think my refund gone!!! cry

3 words..

Register a complain at consumer court.

Oops more than 3 words. But still a good advice.

Or let them have it if it’s not worth your trouble.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
2
Expand
Roushh wrote:

3 words..

Register a complain at consumer court.

Oops more than 3 words. But still a good advice.

Or let them have it if it’s not worth your trouble.

never have any experience that direction but if it means more expenses then I think I’ve to let it go!!! the amount it less than 200 and will try to forget it but but will never let zomato to forget it will occasionally remind them in twitter!! imp
I wish I could have any other online options!! rolleyes

Missing
Pro Critic
181
4718
138
Expand
dblueknight wrote:

never have any experience that direction but if it means more expenses then I think I’ve to let it go!!! the amount it less than 200 and will try to forget it but but will never let zomato to forget it will occasionally remind them in twitter!! imp
I wish I could have any other online options!! rolleyes

You can also try to register a complaint at online Public Grievances Department.
https://pgportal.gov.in/Home/LodgeGri...ce

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Completely pathetic service no customers time value all wrong no update on google as a client support help line no
Executive cant find the address if the adress is perfect zometo cancel the order orself and deduct the penelty i m sure zometo is giving staff salary from deduction penalty

Missing