Hot Deal

is it worth buying money plant for Rs.249/- rupees?

637°
Generous
ssganesh

hi dimers, i love plants. i want plants… when i consider on some plants, money plant was attracted me.
some interested things about money plant:-
1) we can grow it in water! no soil required.
2) It is believed that the financial situation will improve if there is a money plant in the house.
3) this is indoor plant. so no direct sunlight required. even keeping it in direct sunlight is shouldn’t to do.

i was searched a lot for local plants nurcery and i found only one even after trying on google maps. i visited that, due to their busy with other customers i didn’t enquired for money plant at that time. soon i will visit again. but i doubted, money plant is available or not? because the nurcery is running on complete open place. money plant shouldn’t be kept on open place because it couldn’t survive in direct sunlight. anyway, i will ask them once. what if unavailable? money plant is available on nurcerylive website. the cost is Rs.249/- including pot. is it worth buying for Rs.249 rupees? is there any other sites for buying money plant at best price? please suggest. and if you have experience on money plant maintains, then please inform about money plant’s fertilizer. thanks in advance.

update:- 29-oct-2019 today evening i visited the local plants nursery again. asked for money plant. they said “sold out” i felt i was unlucky.
but when i reached home and checked my notifications on desidime i am surprised! @androgame sent me an offer link that provides money plant at lowest price! ordered successfully smile @androgame thank you very much for the help! you saved my lot of time. karma given. i will update after receiving my lovely plant smile

75 Comments  |  
33 Dimers
  • Sort By
Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

the money is worth spent OR Even donated to a beggar.

as long as you feel it’s justified.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

spending money for buying some plants is worthy bro. but i want to know about the price. Rs.249/- price is good price or high price for buying money plant?

View 3 more replies
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

I think it becomes costly after delivery charges. U can easily get at cheap price offline.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

+1

you can get potted money plant in 100 ~150 Rs from any local nursery

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@ssganesh i would suggest you to buy plants online from anywhere only if they are delivering in 1/ 2 days (max) because in 90 percent cases if delivery time is more than above you will only get a dried branch…..better buy offline if delivery time is long…advising you from my own experience…

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

How is the plant rates on offline and online. Both are same or offline is cheaper?

View 3 more replies
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Bro support local nurseries. Everything online is not good. Sometimes it's better to haul our asses to a local shop n do the shopping in a normal traditional way. 🙂🤗
Generous Generous
Link Copied
biggrin ok bro
View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Go for snake plant. It requires very less sunlight and care and removes a lot of bad compounds from indoor air like mad. They use these very plants in Mumbai airport and also in ISS. There is a Vox video that talks about these plants ans a study made on them.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Where are you located?
Few things:

• They like sun light, I guess most plants does. Mine are outside, although they don’t face mid-day sun, but get their share during morning. By the way I stay in Bangalore. In my brother’s case, they used to get afternoon share too. I have seen them growing strong every day.
  • I have mine in normal soil(red) slightly mixed with manure. At times I feed them expired tablets in powdered form. Most of my plants are fed the same.
  • Earlier I used to water them daily, but off-late every alternate date, just to tune them to that frequency.
  • If you stay in Bangalore, I can give you one, although it is believed that one is not supposed to give as it indicates wealth. But what big deal in keeping to myself.
  • Lastly, let grow any thing, be it any plant/animal/human. All they need is some love and care and in return you will develop of being compassionate.
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Is sunlight a must? We live on the third floor. I want to grow the money plant on the balcony. But the sunlight does not come properly into the balcony. that’s the problem. (i am from tenali town, AP)

View 20 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Money plant needs to be stolen not bought

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
scream scream scream scream
View 1 more reply
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

The online prices are insane.
You can get it for Rs. 10 to Rs.50 offline easily in cities .

Secondly if you get a chance to have just a small branch / Stem  of it from anywhere ie friends relatives or garden ,it will flourish just in water without any efforts just keep changing water at intervals.

This plant has nothing to do as wealth plant as falsely propagated. .

Better option is grow giloy stem ( Tinospora cardifolia ) , it has medicinal properties ,as well as can be decorated same as money plant.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

ask for a branch from anyone who is already having a money plant. keep it in water and give enough sunlight and it will start growing by itself.
my mother started with one small branch about 25 years back. Now she is no more but we have many plants around the house from that one branch.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

That’s a really heart warming real tale. I am sorry for your loss bhai. 🙂 Trees always carry our legacy. And I am really glad you n your family are keeping your Mom’s legacy alive.

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Link Copied

Will give for free if you’re in my city

Generous Generous
Link Copied

According to nirmal baba money plant is must. But make sure you pay with a black purser/wallet.
You will get many times in return acc to baaba ji

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

If anil Ambani buys in such a way, he will be able to pay his debts???

View 3 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

249 is costly for money plant ,,, we still have in our home and that too from a lot of time ,since i was born .. smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I growed one my self from a little cut ,now I’ve splitted it in two .  https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/593055/original/IMG_20191029_211107.jpg?1572363830
Best thing is ,it doesn’t require any soil.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/593133/original/IMG-20191030-WA0023.jpg?1572444020

Thanks @Wontdisplaymyname
Bought it for 79..

Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

@enapster Check this out

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Give me spare coupon of nursery live 400₹ wala

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@ssganesh I am an avid gardener. First regarding your 123:
1. Money Plant can be grown in water also, though it grows better and faster in soil.
2. It is believed (by some) that money plant will bring money. It is believed (by some) that the earth is flat. It is believed (by some) that the moon is a source of light. It is believed (by some) that drinking urine is good for health. I could go on… But none of this is true because belief does not make something true. Don’t waste your time on these stupid superstitions.
3. It can grow well indoors, but grows better in semi shade. Too much sun makes the leaves grow very large.

Money plant is very very easy to grow. If you get a stem from anyone, plant it in soil or put it in water and it will grow 99%. For that reason, it is very cheap. Should not cost you more than 20 or 25 + the cost of the pot which could range from 5 to 500 or more. 249 is an absurd price unless the pot itself is worth 200+. Not just that plant. Everything on that site is 2-5 times the realistic price.

I had also ordered from nurserylive.com using that offer. Thanks to @Wontdisplaymyname
I already have one variety of money plant. The main reason I ordered from them is because it was only 79 and just in case it is a different variety. The pot + seeds is most likely worth 79+. I also wanted to check how their service is. So far it’s been pathetic because my order on 13th was shipped on 22nd (9 days) and is yet to be delivered (8 days and counting). Live plants should be delivered within 48 hours max. Wonder why they have restricted delivery cities because my order to Bangalore was shipped from Pune, not local shipping.

Summary is – stay away from online purchase of plants, check out local nurseries. Unless it is some exotic item that is not available locally.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Bro they ship all over india from pune only…as they are pune based…had ordered a rose plant from them some 3 yrs ago…and it was shipped through fedex from pune…had recd the package after 4 days here in haryana..

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes, it surely attracts money if you are a seller. I want to sell 1000 money plant a day, will sell it at highest cost contact me joy

Generous Generous
Link Copied
smile bro you said the word which is in my mind. money plant availability is very very rare in my town. i thought i could make good earnings if i sell money plant in my town.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Check some gardens in your town most of them will be having moneyplants… a 8-10 inch healthy stem is enough

Generous Generous
Link Copied

gardens in my town were mostly private gardens smile

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@ssganesh Yes those are private, like mine. I live in a flat, so it’s in 2 balconies. Find facebook groups for gardening in your area. Most gardeners give away plants/seeds when they have excess unless they are doing it as a business.

If you only needed one plant, then you have it now.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

What is the price of 10-14 inch ceramic pots ? Online prices starts from 1000 plus. Is it a fair price ?
Eg: https://www.pepperfry.com/white-polymer-cup-pla...

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

@androgame thank you very much bro. i received money plant yesterday evening.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/594351/medium/62599701573351853849987530853.jpg?1573352014

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied

Number of seeds in the packet?

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply