Hot Deal

Is Poco X3 good at Rs. 15000 (plus bank discount) or wait for redmi note 10 pro?

484°
Benevolent
raghupro

Is Poco X3 good at Rs. 15000 (plus bank discount) or wait for redmi note 10 pro?

Been looking to replace my redmi note 5 pro since quite some time and considering redmi note 10 pro. Any expected price range for it guys?

Will poco x3 at 15k – bank discount be a good option in upcoming sale on 24th or shall I wait for redmi note 10 pro series launch?

As per the article on GSM arena, the note 10 pro is rumoured to sport an OLED display which I personally would prefer over a 120hz LCD. If they maintain the 15k to 16k price for note 10 pro base model I would be more inclined towards note 10 pro solely because of the screen.
Source: https://www.gsmarena.com/redmi_note_10_pro_max_...

Suggestions welcomed, thanks in advance.

57 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I will say wait for Note 10 series.
Advantage of POCO is comparatively much less ads Vs Redmi phones.

If you are ok with inferior processor but much better screen ,camera , battery then consider Samsung M series OR previous gen A series.
If you can stretch budget then Samsung F62.

Going by trend since last 1 year , I expect price to be more by 1000 vs last year models, 2000 more if OLED screens for Note 10 series.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I am ok with ads, can disable most of them anyways (forgot how exactly to do so, I was guided by someone on DD itself for my redmi note 5 pro 2 years ago).

I have tried the M21 last year and the processor was plain miserable! Also, used to get very hot around the rear camera region even with basic use. I would any day avoid the exynos 9611. The only con I see with it is the excellent AMOLED but nothing beyond that. The build was thin plastic on back which creeks on pressure, heating issues and super slow processor.

I am more keen on either the poco x3 or the redmi note 10 pro. Don’t want to spend beyond 15k (I would prefer lesser than 15k honestly).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

One more thing you should be aware of newer phones Vs Note 5 Pro is huge increase in weight , size.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Good point, this in fact is a point of contention too. The note 5 pro is lot lighter and slimmer than the giant phones we get to choose today but the phone is getting annoyingly slow of late and screams to be replaced soon.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

RN10 pro will come under 2 variants 4g and 5g
One with Dimensity(5g) other with snapdragon 73X(4g)
Chances are they’re gonna stick to 120hz LCD since they removed the poll (AMOLED OR 120Hz LCD)
Price range will be 13-17k

View 11 more replies
Dimer of The Year 2020 Dimer of The Year 2020
Link Copied

dont buy now. wait for POCO X3 @ 14999 + 10% Instant discount on ICICI Credit Cards & EMI Transactions https://www.desidime.com/deals/upcoming-poco-x3...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I was referring to that deal itself bro, thanks for the info smile

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

If its coming with SD 750G for 5G variant, expect a price increase of 10-15% (16-18k)
@raghupro if its launched with 120Hz LCD
Then it’ll more or less similar to narzo 30pro… So compare the specs before u make a purchase

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

If it’s just the performance aspect of RN5 Pro that’s bothering you then flash any decent custom ROM. Stable Q ROMs are available. Boat load of development including an upgrade to kernel 4.19.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

It’s an alien language for me, the last I loaded custom roms was 6 to 7years ago or so I guess.

Any easy guide for me? Or suggestions as to where I can look for one?

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Xiaomi has been guilty of using below-par OLED displays in non-premium devices in the past. A high-quality LCD in that case could be the better option.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Agree with you on this

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

wait for made in india iphones

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

In 15k?

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Xiaomi has confirmed that Redmi K40 which is expected to be rebranded as Redmi Note 10 Pro in India will have the same OLED display as in Mi 11 and S21 Ultra. This is great news if true. Though I think it could be released under Poco F series unless Note 10 series gets a sizable price hike considering how expensive the latest gen. Samsung panels are.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Any link to that news please?

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Redmi Note 10 retail box reveals AMOLED display, 48MP main camera
https://www.gsmarena.com/redmi_note_10_retail_b...

I was almost about to buy the Realme 7 Pro yesterday night looking at the decent exchange + card discount offer but held back, seems to be a good decision.

Leaks show Indian retail unit of redmi note 10 (not even the pro) to have a Full HD+ amoled panel too. A great sign so far. If they can push it out at around 12k to 13k price mark it will be a good option to consider.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Finally got a RealMe X7 just before Note 10 series is about to launch.

I got a 2 days old Flipkart purchased X7 for 16k from OLX (with bill, box and accessories). Felt it’s a great buy at 16k.

Points majorly under contention were light weight, slim profile, 50W charging and AMOLED. Points I am majorly worried about is RealMe’s skin as I never used one. Love it or hate it I am used to MIUI quite a lot as I used redmi note 3 and 5 pro over the past few years as my back up device.

But for that the device is plain amazing. The last budget device I had used in the past was M21 and I can definitely say this device feels way more premium that M21 in terms of what the AMOLED screen has to offer. The slim profile gets a feel of using OnePlus 7T. Overall, initial impressions are very positive.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Lelo bhai jo mil rha suna hai future me mobile mehnge ho rhe

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

2 weeks later. Here are the things I dislike about the X7

1. Whatever I do, whatsapp notifications seem to arrive very late and on almost all occasions I get no alert for whatsapp audio/video calls
2. Phone remains warm on most occasions, may be it has to do with the mediatek processor
3. While I appreciate the loud, clear and deep mono speaker, it’s no match for stereo speakers
4. YouTube videos stutter even on 1080p resolution at times. Wonder why.
5. Camera performance for still photos is passable, seen lot better performance in this price range.
6. Some issues with hotspot feature on 2.4ghz band. Unable to detect SSID on other devices.

What I like about the devices
1. Super fast charging
2. Good AMOLED display (until Xiaomi spoiled the show by offering a better AMOLED at this price range)
3. Future proofing with 5G
4. Color OS seems to be just as good as stock OS/ Oxygen OS and way better than MIUI
5. In-display fingerprint scanner
6. Light weight and compact form factor
7. Phone has been performing quite smooth on almost all occasions apart from when I use processing power demanding apps.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Would u get rn10 pro over this? If offered a chance.

Ps- 5g will take 3 years to normalise, till then and further we can use the device totally normally.

View 3 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Update about my realme X7:

Irrespective of what reviews and people say, from my experience all I can say is that Snapdragon is Snapdragon and has a more consistent performance. I see youtube to struggle and stutter for even 1080p videos at random instances on my realme x7. For that matter, I haven’t had that issues even on my old redmi note 5 pro which supposedly has a much lower powered snapdragon processor as compared to the dimensity 800u on realme x7.

I really am liking color OS, I somehow feel it’s way better than MIUI. I really want to move to a redmi note 10 pro but not sure if I would like to move back to MIUI or not.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Can you order a Pro for me then?

View 10 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply