need help regarding my D-link router

189°
0
5145
12
need help regarding my D-link router

Update – Configuration is complete and the internet is now working. Thanks to all those who helped especially @Tony007 @shoaibmax @guest_999
Final piece of advice which made the  internet work was given by none other than @Tony007
Guys need help regarding my d-link router DIR 825. In the evening I had to reset my router because of some net issue but after resetting via the button present at the back of the router, now when I’m trying to open the router login page ip I.e. 192.168.0.1 it shows Tenda as the login page instead of the Dlink page and I’m not able to configure it. I tried 10 times to reset it but it is taking me the tenda login page instead of d-link and I’m not able to access the router for configuration
Tech guys need your help. Tagging some guys who might know how to get it done or please tag someone who can help in this @MrKool_JJ @R0417 @bikidas2060 @drupal @ash @ram    

23 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
674
5194
56

open command prompt in pc & run this command(without quotes):
ipconfig /all

Post the result here.

129
10951
131

192.168.0.1 Are you sure about this?
check the zero and the one’s once again hushed

674
5194
56
MrKool_JJ wrote:

192.168.0.1 Are you sure about this?
check the zero and the one’s once again hushed

Many tplink router’s default address is this only.

210
7164
62
guest_999 wrote:

open command prompt in pc & run this command(without quotes):
ipconfig /all

Post the result here.

PC wouldn’t have connected to the Wifi after the hard reset. So, this command o/p may not be useful

6
15927
139
guest_999 wrote:

open command prompt in pc & run this command(without quotes):
ipconfig /all

Post the result here.

Uncrowned king of networking 🙏🙏🙏

315
3077
110

D-link router default username Admin
password blank
Tenda router default username admin
password admin

Or remove LAN cable as suggested by shoaibmax

20
4632
35

Remove the LAN cable from router and turn it on. Connect any device to your router and now you’ll be able to configure it. After configuring everything plug back your LAN cable into the router.

Your ISP is most probably using a Tenda server/hub hence you’re facing this problem.

315
3077
110
shoaibmax wrote:

Remove the LAN cable from router and turn it on. Connect any device to your router and now you’ll be able to configure it. After configuring everything plug back your LAN cable into the router.

Your ISP is most probably using a Tenda server/hub hence you’re facing this problem.

Yes bro 👊 problem seems like that

0
5145
12
guest_999 wrote:

open command prompt in pc & run this command(without quotes):
ipconfig /all

Post the result here.


.

0
5145
12
shoaibmax wrote:

Remove the LAN cable from router and turn it on. Connect any device to your router and now you’ll be able to configure it. After configuring everything plug back your LAN cable into the router.

Your ISP is most probably using a Tenda server/hub hence you’re facing this problem.

Did the same and it worked halfway because at the configuration page it’s asking the type of connection and it will then go ahead only with the Lan cable attached to it as it will detect the type of connection and as soon as I am attaching attaching Lan cable the same problem continues

0
5145
12
MrKool_JJ wrote:

192.168.0.1 Are you sure about this?
check the zero and the one’s once again hushed

100 percent brother

504
30170
328
Expand
silentOBSERVER wrote:

Did the same and it worked halfway because at the configuration page it’s asking the type of connection and it will then go ahead only with the Lan cable attached to it as it will detect the type of connection and as soon as I am attaching attaching Lan cable the same problem continues

Call your ISP
They can guide you over phone?

674
5194
56
Expand
silentOBSERVER wrote:

https://ibb.co/Z...Y5

Your default gateway is 10.0.0.1 as allotted/shown by DHCP enabled router so use that address in browser. If you have more than 1 device in your networking setup(ISP provided modem/router connected to your own router) then it means your network has two such “router login page”.

20
4632
35
Expand
silentOBSERVER wrote:

Did the same and it worked halfway because at the configuration page it’s asking the type of connection and it will then go ahead only with the Lan cable attached to it as it will detect the type of connection and as soon as I am attaching attaching Lan cable the same problem continues

Have to tried inserting the LAN cable during the setup, right after you’re inside D-Link config page?

And what happens if you insert just a LAN cable with a loose end?

674
5194
56
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

PC wouldn’t have connected to the Wifi after the hard reset. So, this command o/p may not be useful

This command is basic for all such cases, running this command shows you the available network adapters & their properties incl their DHCP status & any IP address allocated. Doesn’t matter whether the PC connects to network or not, running this command is the first step.

674
5194
56
Tony007 wrote:

Bro Try 192.168.1.1

It won’t work because his current default gateway which is allotting IP address via DHCP is 10.0.0.1.

674
5194
56

Good to know your issue is solved, can you post the result of ipconfig /all again as I want to compare your before & after result. Also what happens when you try to open 10.0.0.1 in your browser.

0
5145
12
guest_999 wrote:

Good to know your issue is solved, can you post the result of ipconfig /all again as I want to compare your before & after result. Also what happens when you try to open 10.0.0.1 in your browser.

That is the only ip which worked. And still the router configuration is available on this only.

Missing