need to buy laptop

89°
Missing
Deal Newbie

My laptop suddenly stopped working and now has some motherboard issue.

If I had known I would have bought a laptop during the sales. But now I’d have to overpay.

Any decent deals that can be found?

I live very near to Nehru Place in Delhi. Is it possible to get good prices?

Also- I see the range of laptops seem very few on FK/Amazon. Is it because of the post sales low stock?

Thanks
Ritika

21 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

Please mention some extra detail, like your budget, specs which prefer, etc.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Narrow down list based on your requirement, budget , brand.
I feel we use laptops for long term (~ 5 years min in my case).
So better to invest and buy good reliable long term machine.

Min. Core i5 , Ryzen 5 ( Not older than last year generation)
Min. 8GB RAM with empty RAM slot
Min. 512GB SSD OR 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Min. FHD anti glare display
Min. 5-6 hours battery life
Decent selection of ports – Type C port is must , preferably with thurderbolt support
Min. Warranty 3 years (via offers)

Call local shops and tell them to match or give better deal than online prices.

Missing
Deal Subedar
mobileyog wrote:

Decent selection of ports – Type C port is must , preferably with thurderbolt support

Your post in one word: “45k+”

Missing
Critic
mobileyog wrote:

This is currently the cheapest thunderbolt laptop one can find online in India:
https://www.amazon.in/Acer-SF314-57G-i5-1035G1-...
@cocay

Missing
Deal Subedar

what is the price of motherboard for repair?

Missing
Critic
Expand
S.Bittu wrote:

How about Acer aspire 7? It can be bought under 55k.
@mobileyog

That model I just quoted for thunderbolt which is practically of not much use to majority/typical user. At 50k+ asus Tuf, hp pavilion/omen & acer’s own Nitro series are better option than Aspire series.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
S.Bittu wrote:

@mobileyog

Go for apple macbook air m1 . Student Discount + Card offer

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
tony-stark wrote:

Go for apple macbook air m1 . Student Discount + Card offer

Link ?
Saw reviews. Quite appealing

Missing
Deal Subedar

I just got the honor magicbook for 40k and it is easily the best laptop in this price range.

Cons include –
1. 256gb storage (if your work is mainly browser based then it is sufficient)
2. No backlit keyboard (again, depends on your usage)
3. Webcam angle is weird but you can simply attach an external cam to solve the problem, Personally I do not have any issue with the angle of the webcam.
4. Availability can be an issue.

Pros – 1. Excellent performance. Zero lags or stutters. Do not jump too much into the specs as some may tell you it is an old processor, but real world experience is excellent.
2. Built quality is superb.
3. No heating issues.
4. Type C charging.
5. Fingerprint scanner.
6. Excellent quality display (unlike some of the asus laptops in this price range)
7. Extremely silent, fans seldom switch on.

Overall, this laptop should easily last 4-5 years without any issues.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
Topsey wrote:

Link ?
Saw reviews. Quite appealing

On apple website only student offer is available. Check for resellers offline, I think both card payment+ student discount should work.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
S.Bittu wrote:

@mobileyog

Actually I had this laptop but had to return due to low battery backup issue. It was a great laptop otherwise…finger print scanner, c port, dedicated 4 gb graphics memory, 512 gb SSD…what else do you want in Rs 52000.
I am planing to buy it again when the next sale comes….any idea when it is coming?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
Chikky wrote:

Actually I had this laptop but had to return due to low battery backup issue. It was a great laptop otherwise…finger print scanner, c port, dedicated 4 gb graphics memory, 512 gb SSD…what else do you want in Rs 52000.
I am planing to buy it again when the next sale comes….any idea when it is coming?

52k at Flipkart or amazon?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
cocay wrote:

52k at Flipkart or amazon?

Flipkart

Missing
Deal Cadet

Purana wala repair Kara lo …
U can check online services also like servify, çashify to repair ….
Most of the laptops are overpriced right now and no offers going on so better wait for next online sale …

Missing
Deal Newbie
BlueFlash wrote:

Please mention some extra detail, like your budget, specs which prefer, etc.

Sorry I didn’t mention. Even though I was generally asking where I can look for deals.

But now I am closer to choosing one.

I think I would like to go ahead with a ryzen 5 vivobook 14 inch. My friend has that one and it looks decent and performs decent (I am no pro user). But the screen is terrible according to me.

Do you think I can get good deals on this in the offline market? Or should I keep waiting for a deal on amazon or Flipkart?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
ritikaaaa wrote:

Sorry I didn’t mention. Even though I was generally asking where I can look for deals.

I think I would like to go ahead with a ryzen 5 vivobook 14 inch. My friend has that one and it looks decent and performs decent (I am no pro user). But the screen is terrible according to me.

Do you think I can get good deals on this in the offline market? Or should I keep waiting for a deal on amazon or Flipkart?

Try at Croma or Reliance Digital. They may have leftover stock from Diwali Sale…

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
ritikaaaa wrote:

If your are not a pro user (no heavy performance needed), then focus on the specs which you will be using always; and this is where display comes into play; asus vivo 14 ryzen5 one has TN display which is quite worse (even though 1080p) compared to an IPS; in all other fields I felt, it’s really good, but TN display in 2020 is no no at least for me (if you plan to use with an external monitor most of the time, then it’s a perfect pick);
My suggestion would be something of the following specs: fhd ips, 14/15" (prefer 14), lightweight <1.5kg, 256+ ssd, 4+ gigs; processor even i3 suffices if on tight budget, else i5 (ryzen5/7 would be a topping). Should cost 40-45Kish.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

My suggestion would be something of the following specs: fhd ips, 14/15" (prefer 14), lightweight <1.5kg, 256+ ssd, 4+ gigs; processor even i3 suffices if on tight budget, else i5 (ryzen5/7 would be a topping). Should cost 40-45Kish.

Even I’m looking for something with similar specs.

Missing