SBI Credit Card Minimum Balance Achieve

126°
Deal Cadet
Juniper

I want to take SBI credit card, to get 10% occasional discount on Amazon / Grofers; but afraid that yearly 1lac limit cannot be achieved to get fees waived.

Presently own ICICI Amazon Card. 80% of my spend on Amazon including bill payments / recharge.

Any suggestions on how to achieve SBI credit card minimum spend as well as get maximum benefits. Also any other places I can use it, like SiP etc, where it gives better reward than ICICI.

As Netmeds / Dineout I don’t use.

22 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Get via FD. No free for FD based cards.
Buy for others.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Get via FD. No free for FD based cards.
Buy for others.

No annual fee for FD based SBI credit card? Are you using any? Or could you share information source please?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
luciferous wrote:

Use it to fund at nps tier 1 or 2

Yes, I knew that, but considering ~2% fees, that’s not worth it. Thanks anyway! Any other way?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

They usually come with 10% discount on AZ/FK so lend your card so that you too are benefited from it biggrin

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Use Nobroker to transfer 10k every month with 1% charge. They will not ask for rent agreement

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

They usually come with 10% discount on AZ/FK so lend your card so that you too are benefited from it biggrin

Could you please elaborate?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
luciferous wrote:

Use Nobroker to transfer 10k every month with 1% charge. They will not ask for rent agreement

they always ask for agreement after the first payment ….

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Havent asked me yet for 10k. And if you are having problems then pay only 8k. For 8k or less rent agreement is not required

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Use Sbi on bill payments its gives 2.5% via GV load

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
SastaRaju wrote:

Use Sbi on bill payments its gives 2.5% via GV load

You mean on Amazon?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Bob_The_Builder wrote:

they always ask for agreement after the first payment ….

I have using many nobroker account but not a single time asked me to give rent agreement

Critic Critic
Link Copied
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Get via FD. No free for FD based cards.
Buy for others.

All sbi cards(with or without fd) have annual fee with spend based waiver.
@Juniper

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

All sbi cards(with or without fd) have annual fee with spend based waiver.
@Juniper

I think SBI Card now should have at least one LTF credit card, based on competition.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

All sbi cards(with or without fd) have annual fee with spend based waiver.
@Juniper

Maybe my bank baby lied to me🥺 or i misheard.
I inquired for cc on fd as i could not get any unsecured card. So she told me i can get cc via fd with 1 time fee and then no charge. She asked for min 80k fd for 1 yr. I said bye.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Maybe my bank baby lied to me🥺 or i misheard.
I inquired for cc on fd as i could not get any unsecured card. So she told me i can get cc via fd with 1 time fee and then no charge. She asked for min 80k fd for 1 yr. I said bye.

Do not rely on agents untill its documented.
Ps: wo card bechne ko kuch bhi karenge.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Maybe my bank baby lied to me🥺 or i misheard.
I inquired for cc on fd as i could not get any unsecured card. So she told me i can get cc via fd with 1 time fee and then no charge. She asked for min 80k fd for 1 yr. I said bye.

If it is not mentioned on site(sbi is the only bank which has a separate name for its fd based card.e.g.simplyclick card is non-fd but simplyclick advantage is fd based) then it is not correct except in some rare circumstances. Also min amount of fd required for a sbi fd based card is 20k & card limit will be 70% of fd amount until 50k I think above which it will be 80% of fd limit.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If it is not mentioned on site(sbi is the only bank which has a separate name for its fd based card.e.g.simplyclick card is non-fd but simplyclick advantage is fd based) then it is not correct except in some rare circumstances. Also min amount of fd required for a sbi fd based card is 20k & card limit will be 70% of fd amount until 50k I think above which it will be 80% of fd limit.

For me she didn’t agree to go lower amount. That’s why i ditched the idea of cc.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

For me she didn’t agree to go lower amount. That’s why i ditched the idea of cc.

You can try at another branch(fd based sbi cards are not restricted to only a specific branch in your city of residence).

Missing