Hot Deal

Someone sent me 16000 by mistake!

1081°
Tech Guru
Original

how can i refund him back?
he sent to amazon UPI address yesterday, i only checked today.

First transaction – 16000 credited
Second txn – a request asking for money
Third txn – Re.1, I could not see note or message, i think Amazon app don’t have this functionality confused

(all three transactions are from different addresses)

Is there any way i can trace the sender UPI?

90 Comments  |  
38 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
anantnitish wrote:

Someone please create a standalone thread for this chargeback thing.
I m very curious

Same, please someone create a thread.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
anantnitish wrote:

Which payment apps ?

Paytm is allowing charge back. Click on help in payment page and it will let you select reasons like wrong payment or fraud etc etc.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
24karat wrote:

How is d shopkeeper informed abt chargesback?

The shopkeeper bank’s will contact ( usually through telephone call ) the shopkeeper regarding the transaction dispute by the card issuer bank.

The shopkeeper will have to provide the proof of sale to the bank within 1 -2 weeks.

The shopkeeper’s bank will then submit this proof and deny the chargeback claim with the buyer’s card issuer bank. If no adequate proof is submitted within the time limit, the chargeback claim will be decided in favor of the card holder and money gets refunded automatically..

Business establishments maintaining no sale records ( but only calculator and waste paper totaling ) and still accepting CC & UPI payments, needs to be aware of this possible trap that could make them go bankrupt.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Original wrote:

Thanks everyone for your timely suggestions grinning

One good news, received message today stating 16,000 is put on hold.
Sender must have raised request on time,
I a just waiting for final call from bank, lets hope sender receives his money on time grinning

What happened after that? Was the money refunded?

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

What happened after that? Was the money refunded?

After that blocking,
bank called me to sign one document on 25th November grinning

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What will happen if someone sent money by mistake like this and I immediately withdraw the money and close my bank account how will they chargeback?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
timelord wrote:

What will happen if someone sent money by mistake like this and I immediately withdraw the money and close my bank account how will they chargeback?

Police will come n recover the money. 🙂

Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

If police had been so swift then thousands of people would have been searching for actual jobs/work rather than ‘helping people to prevent their ATM card from blocking or giving them free gifts after charging few thousand processing fees’ on telecall. grinning

Link Copied
timelord wrote:

Your karma will haunt you and you will end up losing more than this amount someway or other.

Link Copied

My father also sent 20k by mistake to someone. He was making IMPS transfer and he entered one number wrong in account number. Luckily for him this person is from the same city and my father even visited his shop. He is a reputed business man. After filing complaint with bank and waiting for 2+ months our 20k was refunded. Since then he has learnt lesson to not transfer more than 100 in first go when sending money to new benefactor

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

If police had been so swift then thousands of people would have been searching for actual jobs/work rather than ‘helping people to prevent their ATM card from blocking or giving them free gifts after charging few thousand processing fees’ on telecall. grinning

Bhai. When a person recieves some money, that person’s identity is known to public. It’s virtually impossible for a common person to open a fraud account these days as bank requires adhaar and pan to open the card. In case the person closes the account, the authorities ll get the identity details. And they ll take necessary actions. My friends are in banking sector. A case happened. A person recieved 5lakh. He repaired his house. Bank authority and police went to his home to recover the money after the person became unresponsive to frequent letters and orders.
ATM frauds etc are in entirely different category. You don’t know the identity of the person. Police ll investigate, check the CCTV footage if fraud done at the ATM. It’s an entirely different procedure.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
sardasa wrote:

My father also sent 20k by mistake to someone. He was making IMPS transfer and he entered one number wrong in account number. Luckily for him this person is from the same city and my father even visited his shop. He is a reputed business man. After filing complaint with bank and waiting for 2+ months our 20k was refunded. Since then he has learnt lesson to not transfer more than 100 in first go when sending money to new benefactor

Always send 1₹ to authenticate the destination. That’s the standard practice.

Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai. When a person recieves some money, that person’s identity is known to public. It’s virtually impossible for a common person to open a fraud account these days as bank requires adhaar and pan to open the card. In case the person closes the account, the authorities ll get the identity details. And they ll take necessary actions. My friends are in banking sector. A case happened. A person recieved 5lakh. He repaired his house. Bank authority and police went to his home to recover the money after the person became unresponsive to frequent letters and orders.
ATM frauds etc are in entirely different category. You don’t know the identity of the person. Police ll investigate, check the CCTV footage if fraud done at the ATM. It’s an entirely different procedure.

Bro I have seen the case myself. One of my friends was sent a Google Pay upi request to pay. He is not that good with online transactions and ended up paying 20k to that person who was on call with him. Later he blocked my friend’s number. He complained to bank, Google Pay and police. Nothing happened.

And I was saying about ATM CARD frauds not ATM bro. Have a look on my comment bro.

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Bro I have seen the case myself. One of my friends was sent a Google Pay upi request to pay. He is not that good with online transactions and ended up paying 20k to that person who was on call with him. Later he blocked my friend’s number. He complained to bank, Google Pay and police. Nothing happened.

And I was saying about ATM CARD frauds not ATM bro. Have a look on my comment bro.

A lot of these scamsters are there on Instagram running fake business..
You’ll be amazed to know how easy it is to ripped off.
My friends sister was also a victim and lost a good amount of money trying to buy something from instagram run shop accounts.

Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

@bikidas2060 you are true but my cousin brother did the same for mere 5k. Bank sent letters as well as in person but nothing worked.  Amount of 5k is still mark as hold and he is using now different bank account. Yes if money involved is more and police probe will initiated based on some approach then money is recoverable.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

I accept my mistake,bhai. 🙂🙂🙂

Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

A lot of these scamsters are there on Instagram running fake business..
You’ll be amazed to know how easy it is to ripped off.
My friends sister was also a victim and lost a good amount of money trying to buy something from instagram run shop accounts.

Yeah. Many people fall to stupidest of scams. Things which we will laugh at, there are many many people who falls prey to it.
In my friends case also, I gave him an earful for his stupidity/ignorance.

Link Copied
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

@bikidas2060 you are true but my cousin brother did the same for mere 5k. Bank sent letters as well as in person but nothing worked.  Amount of 5k is still mark as hold and he is using now different bank account. Yes if money involved is more and police probe will initiated based on some approach then money is recoverable.

Yes even I agree to that but how will you make police work? All am saying is police is not swift or do not work on matters related to common man.

Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Yes even I agree to that but how will you make police work? All am saying is police is not swift or do not work on matters related to common man.

Approach stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

I accept my mistake,bhai. 🙂🙂🙂

What happened bro? nowadays you are accepting easily. Don’t like this side of yours. sunglasses

Link Copied
Expand
drsa478 wrote:

Bhai common man don’t have approach or money.

That’s why I clearly mention approach.  If you don’t have forget about money

Link Copied
Expand
rockingneo wrote:

That’s why I clearly mention approach.  If you don’t have forget about money

Exactly. This is what I was also saying. All these things and system is not for common man who is the most exploited by these scamsters.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Then how did the actual scammers get way with money like olx advance fee upi scam?

Missing