Hot Deal

[Urgent Help]Stock holding corporation of india branch sent me bill of Rs 5900 as Demat charges. At online showing 0 due.

512°
Deal Cadet
Subhodayam

Dimers,

My mother in law had demat account with Stock holding corporation of india and holding few stocks in her account. Today we got call from the Stock holding corporation of india branch and the manager said there is a bill due in the account since 2016 and want us to pay ASAP. I asked them the bill and at first they refused that. After my pressure they sent me bill below
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/671184/medium/7457412e9zPmA3.jpg?1615551069
I even asked them brokers like zerodha are charging less then 300 and why your charges are this much high. They said your account type is different.
When i enter the client id and DP id in their website due amount showing as zero.

Are the branch generated the bill manually thought we are from rural village and we don’t know all these things.
Or is the due amount is correct.

I want you suggestions on how to proceed with this.

@tristar
@Asia @homedimer @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @Original @MrKool_JJ @malikcool @guest_999 @Mr.Bean @drjpatwa @bikidas2060 @letmetravewithyou442 @panchabhut @Shahskm @homedimer @babyboss

47 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Brigadier Deal Brigadier
Link Copied

interesting thing , is which stock you are holding grinning

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Union bank of india (earlier it was andhra bank) . Stocks value is worth 15k. Bill is 6k. cry

Generous Generous
Link Copied

It may be correct as different broker charges different for their products. Ask for detailed statement since 2016. Also raise query why no intimations for the same not sent for all these years

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Different agents have different charges. I am having ICICI Direct Account where the annual charges are around Rs.900.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Send an email to their customer care with scanned image of the bill & ask for written confirmation about total bill amount & breakup of charges.
https://www.stockholding.com/contactu...ml
[email protected]

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

As per the screenshot, they are charging you 1091.50 AMC including GST. And it seems like they have sent you a bill for the last 5 years. Check your detailed statement Did they debit you any amount for AMC in the last 5 years in case you have funds in that account.

Also found this source where it’s written they have 850 as AMC charges. Exactly as per your screenshot.

https://www.topsharebrokers.com/demat-charges/s...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Malik bhai, that was spot on.
Please do the needful as pikachu and @guest_999 have said but 800 plus is way too much hushed

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I think if your holding is less than 50k ,many brokers convert demat account to BSDA automatically. in case they have not done it you’re bound to pay that amount if you’re wishing to operate the account.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

Do one thing. Transfer your share to another demat account. And send request for account closure. If they are not closing let it be.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

They won’t transfer without clearing dues

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@homedimer @smart @panchabhut @guest_999 @MrKool_JJ @ZNZ @srinidhiraoj @myfungang829
An update guys
I went to Stock holding corporation office and told that i don’t pay this much bill. So they provided me a form schema transfer request and after submitting that, they changed the plan and my bill got reduced 2680. I paid the amount and requested to transfer shares to my demat account.

Planning to close the demat account at Stock holding corporation

Thank you for all your help and suggestions

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

For those having total value of less than 2 Lakhs, there is also the option of Basic Service Demat Account (BSDA) which is offered at discounted charge of Rs.100 (completely free if total value is less than 50k). Existing Demat can also be converted to BSDA

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes I think the process is also automatic right? no intervention required from user

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@tristar
@Asia @homedimer @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @Original @MrKool_JJ @malikcool @guest_999 @Mr.Bean @drjpatwa @bikidas2060 @letmetravewithyou442 @panchabhut @Shahskm @homedimer @babyboss Dimers
Finally on last Thursday i sold my mother in laws union bank shares and received about 14k. I want to invest the same amount in one stock and choosen below companies. Please suggest which one stock to choose for long term(2-3 years)

• Adani Enterprises
  • Adani Gas
  • CDSL
  • Granules
  • Happiest Minds
  • IEX
  • Intellect design
  • IRCTC
  • Tata power

Any other suggestions

Link Copied

ipo ke liye rakhlo.. abhi bhut ipo aane wale hain sunglasses

View 11 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

@Subhodayam as suggested above you can try for IPOs for listing gains & also because of corona 2nd wave there are chances of market correction at which time you will get the opportunity to buy at lower prices.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Havells

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

My accnt wiyh angel Broking is unused since years….. Any risk?

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Similar case, My father had a old demat account in some regular broker. Any risk?

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thank you so much brother. I just found these stock ideas on youtube videos.

But as per your advise i choose Indraprasta, IEX and Tata Chemicals.

Can you please advise one thing.
Suppose today i purchased a stock IEX for 350 and by next day it reached to 370, So in this case
can i put GTT order with SL 360 and target 450
When IEX become 430 then can i modify the GTT order with SL 410 and target 500 and so on.

Will this technique actually work?

This way I never loss in stock market right? Is there any extra charges for GTT orders? (Note: I never used the GTT order, still learning. I’m using zerodha and i have to fill the POA form to skip tpin and otp verification for stock selling)

@tristar
@Asia @homedimer @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @Original @MrKool_JJ @malikcool @guest_999 @Mr.Bean @drjpatwa @bikidas2060 @letmetravewithyou442 @panchabhut @Shahskm @homedimer @babyboss

Link Copied

no not that easy laughing smiling_imp

p.s – tpin and otp verification is good for sound traders like you , as per my suggestion grinning hushed

View 7 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

@Subhodayam The moment you start believing in statements like these:

This way I never loss in stock market right?

Is the moment when you are going to get trapped. If it was so easy to earn money from stock market then this forum would be an empty place with all the dimers instead sitting in front of their online broker terminal all day. smile
@bikidas2060 @malikcool @MrKool_JJ

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

right smiling_imp smiling_imp

replyuser
Click here to reply