Hot Deal

Vehicle scrappage policy: Is it right time to invest in tata motors@290 and ashok leyland@122

428°
Deal Cadet
Subhodayam

Hello Dimers

Please provide your views on which stocks is going to effect (either + or -) due to our government upcoming Vehicle scrappage policy.

Is the policy going to approve in coming budget feb 2021?

Is it good time to invest in tata motors@290 and ashok leyland@122 (today rates). Or add any other stocks which going to be multibaggers?

@tristar
@Asia @homedimer @BubbleBoyChickenLittle @Original @MrKool_JJ @malikcool @guest_999 @Mr.Bean @drjpatwa @bikidas2060 @letmetravewithyou442 @panchabhut @Shahskm @homedimer @babyboss

45 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

What is the policy?

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

I also saw somewhere that Tata Motors is coming up with Electric car cheaper by 10-15lacs than Tesla. Not sure of the source.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Tata motors already have a EV car at around 15lacs . Way way cheaper than Tesla.

Personal opinion…Tata Motors is a buy
Company has transformed itself..products are good. Current generation cars are selling good as well..

Ashok Leyland…can’t say much .purely commercial vehicles..Tata looks better to me.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Never bet on govt to do anything for sure, as of now almost all stocks are overpriced because market itself is overpriced by a lot. Only buy those overpriced shares which will not lose much once the market corrects which means shares must have good fundamentals.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

True. Am just sitting tight stuck_out_tongue

Link Copied

IMO: it is economy boosting trick by Govt, making people to buy new cars, to uplift auto sector. The used cars market may get affected

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/nitin-gad...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don’t think there will be a long term impact in terms of Auto pricing due to the scrappage policy….. The new Gen pop just wants to keep exchanging cars lihe mobile phones, so this might make an impact in the commercial segment, that too might cause some intermediate pressure but that will be to the consumers (sadly veggie prices, dal rice etc will go up) not the industry…

You don’t have to necessarily scrap your vehicle you have to pay higher fees for FC, Road Tax Insurance etc…

Yes their sales will increase but that would just bring them to their existing YoY sales figures (pre Corona), as usual people will react and start buying, you can buy Auto stocks opening session monday hold for some time and you can sell it to make a small profit… may be TM 288~300 even 308/12 in a couple of days after and AL at about 118-130,… Remember these are pure guesstimates, these 2 stocks are super bullish, like really super bullish right now (inflated prices), my prediction could be completely wrong… Keep it on your watch list if you’re a long term investor, then once it corrects AL ~70-80, buy and hold till 2023 and then decide based on the market..

Disclaimer: This is my opinion only, don’t take this as investment advice, consult your investment advisor for investment advice……

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thank you so much for detailed explanation. When can we expect correction? Market correction means sensex to reach below 13k or 12k?
How come to know these stock prices are bullish?
@guest_999
Just want to learn something.

View 10 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Would have suggested you to buy AL if it was trading around 50rs or something hushed

Link Copied

Offtopic

Aap ka apna stock bata do ji….Jo abhi le sakte hai.

View 2 more replies
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Bhai honestly no idea, but I will do some digging

Link Copied

Currently it is wise to park Money in liquid funds/idfc till PE comes down is what I feel…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Which liquid funds gives best interest rates. Please suggest.
IDFC bank not available in my area. Can we open account in online? What is the interest rate for savings account.

View 1 more reply
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Not the right time to invest now but both these stocks are super bullish right now. I am holding Ashok Leyland and my average price is around Rs. 80 and I will buy some if it comes around 105 level. I doubt it will go below 100 level unless market corrects a lot.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thanks for the suggestion bro. How can we calculate/estimate the stock price is high/low.

How max/fall a stock price reach?

View 1 more reply
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
…I bought tata motors at 76 and got out of tata motors at 265 and 303….

…now my opinion is sell tata motors with a sl of 320…target 245-255…
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Good prices, how much profit.

View 8 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
…Right now i can see weakness….nifty can touch 14250 today….sl 14420 future levels….cmp 14370..
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Just curious to know.

If share market is falling individual investors can sell the shares and withdraw money.

What MF companies do if markets correct? They just sit and watch or they will also sold stocks and hold the funds?

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

Leaving stocks aside the policy will mean that a vehicle’s rc will not be renewed after 15 years IIRC, how is that gonna impact vehicle sales? Moreover there are small cities where people will keep on driving those unregistered vehicles. @guest_999

Critic Critic
Link Copied

I guess there is going to be some state specific relaxations for certain categories(like rural population/essential services etc).

replyuser
Click here to reply