Very strange - Got Rs239 airtel recharge free today

229°
Deal Cadet
Musky

Today on ony of my airtel sime with Rs1080 balance I got Rs239 recharge.
I had checked my balance and my banks that no balance has been deducted.

I had also received offer message before receiving the recharge. Look like the retailer did the recharge.

Is possible that someone had cloned my sim and want to use my UPI, so he did the recharge. Because currently I am on Rs79 plan with no outgoing sms.
For security reason I have even deregistered from the UPI in paytm. Can sim clone be the case?

26 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
  • Sort By
Community Angel Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied

It’s your lucky day! sweat_smile

Bhai.. kisi ne galati se kar diya hoga. Woh bechara gaaliyan de raha hoga. triumph 

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

Bro. Someone has done wrong recharge.
Instead of Doing their no, they have done for ur no. (They wud have typed one no. wrongly).

Likely they may call and request you to do the same denomination recharge to their nos..

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Bhai tum to Professional Conspiracy Theorist lag rahe smile

Chill. Someone has done it by mistake. In sometime you’ll receive call requesting to recharge back.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can sim be cloned? Is it a possibility?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I got 555 recharge on my Vi number in Jan 2020 and later it was reversed by company same day. Happened again with Rs.50 topup and later balance was reversed.

Once a person did wrong recharge on my BSNL number and I lost a plan. He called me and asked me to recharge his number and I said because of you I have lost Rs.300+ on validity left/freebies as your recharge overwrite mine.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
deb3l wrote:

It’s your lucky day! sweat_smile

Bhai.. kisi ne galati se kar diya hoga. Woh bechara gaaliyan de raha hoga. triumph 

Used to happen a lot back when I used Aircel.
Amount used to be 20/30 rs recharge.
😅😅.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Musky wrote:

Can sim be cloned? Is it a possibility?

……………I’m afraid. flushed

Paisa dena hi hai, toh bata ke mile not like this. Darr baith jata hai smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If it’s done by retailer, it will be reversed.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
deb3l wrote:

Bhai.. kisi ne galati se kar diya hoga. Woh bechara gaaliyan de raha hoga. triumph 

Do not know any more, but ages back
a retailer was telling us that XYZ had not come back to pay within past one hour and so he (the retailer) would recall the recharge/ dispute it with the operator as a mistake recharge.
For validity plus other benefits combo, the retailer would only get a partial refund and the sunscriber/customer would have ALL the benefits except the validity redacted or taken away.

Pretty sure that Felon Musk Melon here too would have got a transaction reference ID
under which the said recharge has happened.
IF they want to, even primary customer support agents can inform/ divulge the details of the retailer / agent/ corporate agent (site) from where the transaction number was generated.

Same goes for the other party too. If really from a normal retailer, who also sells new numbers or does CAF filling for MNP
then the retailer to can find out the KYC details of the number’s owner.

Airtel, IdeaVoda, BSNL, JIO only give out the complimentary packs for MNP or general new users….. via the retailer tie-up/ targets only.

So this recharge which Felon Musk has got is unlikely to be a “free” (complimentary) offer from the TelCo.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Musky wrote:

Can sim be cloned? Is it a possibility?

Possible but now its not so easy, very very hard; as long as SIM is active u do not have to worry;
U can disable aadhaar authentication also for few days

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Aisa me hamesha to nahi karta par aaj pata nahi kaise ho gaya.. UPI dm kiya hu bro. 39₹ kaat ke dedo unamused sweat

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
singh.sourabh818 wrote:

Aisa me hamesha to nahi karta par aaj pata nahi kaise ho gaya.. UPI dm kiya hu bro. 39₹ kaat ke dedo unamused sweat

Aapke upi pe ek request aaya hoga, Usmein pin daliye, paisa mil jayega apko smile

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Aapke upi pe ek request aaya hoga, Usmein pin daliye, paisa mil jayega apko smile

Ni aya.. anydesk se guide kijiye

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

One benefit of doing recharge of retailer.
Reverse still possible.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
M.MAHI wrote:

One benefit of doing recharge of retailer.
Reverse still possible.

aaj ka data use kar liya maine uska. My primary smartphone attery got discharged. So used it up… stuck_out_tongue laughing

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can I find out online from the txn id where the recharge is done?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
gautampatidar wrote:

Do not know any more, but ages back
a retailer was telling us that XYZ had not come back to pay within past one hour and so he (the retailer) would recall the recharge/ dispute it with the operator as a mistake recharge.
For validity plus other benefits combo, the retailer would only get a partial refund and the sunscriber/customer would have ALL the benefits except the validity redacted or taken away.

Pretty sure that Felon Musk Melon here too would have got a transaction reference ID
under which the said recharge has happened.
IF they want to, even primary customer support agents can inform/ divulge the details of the retailer / agent/ corporate agent (site) from where the transaction number was generated.

Same goes for the other party too. If really from a normal retailer, who also sells new numbers or does CAF filling for MNP
then the retailer to can find out the KYC details of the number’s owner.

Airtel, IdeaVoda, BSNL, JIO only give out the complimentary packs for MNP or general new users….. via the retailer tie-up/ targets only.

So this recharge which Felon Musk has got is unlikely to be a “free” (complimentary) offer from the TelCo.

Can I find out online from the txn id where the recharge is done?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Musky wrote:

Can I find out online from the txn id where the recharge is done?

Difficult to do so purely online, unless you are related to the operator or know someone closely who is.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I also did the same with someone and then called the guy to return the favor on the call he said ok and after that my number was blocked 😭

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Musky wrote:

Can sim be cloned? Is it a possibility?

Yes. It can be cloned 🙂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I came to know from this thread that a recharge can be reversed.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
narayana1dd249 wrote:

I came to know from this thread that a recharge can be reversed.

All recharges executed by an agent are reversible, technically even online recharge sites can push requests for reversals, but there’s no benefit for them in that so they deny altogether

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
desiviru wrote:

I got 555 recharge on my Vi number in Jan 2020 and later it was reversed by company same day. Happened again with Rs.50 topup and later balance was reversed.

Once a person did wrong recharge on my BSNL number and I lost a plan. He called me and asked me to recharge his number and I said because of you I have lost Rs.300+ on validity left/freebies as your recharge overwrite mine.

Me hu to recharge nhi karunga dubara. If i have no plan of recharge

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

….still not reversed. In how much time can they reverse the recharge? ..I think there must be some timeline.

Flame Flame
Link Copied
Musky wrote:

….still not reversed. In how much time can they reverse the recharge? ..I think there must be some timeline.

If they(recharged guy) recharged with one or two numbers wrongly with respect to your’s number, then they might reverse otherwise it’s your’s luck…anyway it’s a 8 day’s ago post, wouldn’t be they reversed?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply