Water purifier pump and filter change costs 7000?

42°
Critic
Budhe-Baba

Suddenly, my water purifier pump got damaged. So I had to call the Kent service guy. He replaced both pump and filter and charged me 7000 rupees. It all happened suddenly otherwise I would have used this Flipkart offer to buy a new water purifier as a new one is also costing 7k (same amount as the pump repair charge) sad sad

Just writing here to vent my frustration , that even after having such a good Flipkart offer (PhonePe + Myntra + Card discount, etc), I had to pay 7k for pump replacement. rage

4 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I had pureit. Service guy asked us to replace the pump saying it got old. We were charged 5k for it. After few months it was time to change internal filter costing 3k. Instead I bought new aquaguard filter for 7k.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Scroll down & see Kent spare price list (this is not full list) https://www.kent.co.in/customer-care-s...ce
U can see the pump itself costs 2500. Rest other items u can search yourself. Co’s like Kent make thier business from the AMCs and servicing. Next time learn to buy the spares from Amazon and DIY the filter replacements to make up for the loss. You can find video tutorials in Youtube.

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Kent is not selling purifier but selling services..spare parts/filters are costly like hell… Avoid Kent.. install any new RO with the same 7k budget

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I buy spares from amazon n flipkart n get it replaced from electrician. You can even learn with youtube tutorial videos.
Got pump of local brand(voltage specs need to be same) for my kent RO on amazon for Rs.900 + Rs.100 given to electrician for replacement. This was a year back.
Recently brought membrane(vontron) from flipkart for 600 + along with pre carbon +sediment for Rs.300 again paid Rs.100 to get it replaced.
Only the body and power adapter is of kent in my RO. Rest all desi. I do check water TDS every now and then with my MI tds meter(only thing not unbranded). All good.

replyuser
Click here to reply