What to do?

177°
Deal Cadet
anon2
6 Months ago, I applied for many credit cards and so many applications were rejected and then my cibil got impacted.

So I thought about rebuilding my cibil score and then took FD based IDFC wow cc with a 5k deposit on 01/11/2022.

As I am a axis account holder, I have seen no joining or Annual fee for Indian oil cc in axis app. This free card got tempted me and I applied this axis Indian Oil card as it shows 0 joining and annual fees, surprisingly it was instantly approved today(04/11/22).

Now I am confused with this IDFC FD based card. Can I keep or close IDFC CC?

I am thinking to close IDFC as I don't need really now as Axis cc was approved. What happens to my cibil if I close within 5 days?

My main motto is to build my credit score for future.
Expired
17 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Your oldest cc is not even a month old & you already got another cc so closing the first cc won't have much impact. Btw how is your axis cc application instantly approved as that happens only when you click on apply now tab in axis app & see the card with no other details to enter unlike the usual application process where it asks whether you are an axis bank customer & if yes then enter your customer id to proceed with application even when applying after login into axis app.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
They have given several options for income proof verification like bank statement upload, payslips upload, agent visit and automatic verification via linking bank. I have choosen the option of automated one verification with anumati (third party which is rbi approved) and instantly approved
View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

wait till u get Axis card; Axis can surprise u with approved to declined, that much reputation Axis has

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
But I got msgs that card will be dispatched and already showing in credit cards section with masked card number also. https://i.imgur.com/4MQnf...pg
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
What happens to my cibil if I close within 5 days?

What's the rush? The damage is already done (Hard enquiries) + few more credit points reduction upon card cancellation (not a big deal*) but the cc issuer might leave a negative remark with credit information companies (via reports) that the user is not good with his financial decisions (You haven't even used the card yet*)

Just hold it for couple of months (Say 6?) and request cancellation

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Yes. thank you. I will use it for 6months.
View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied
Hold on for few months, its a good mix for cibil
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Yes correct. I will be holding secured cc, unsecured cc, consumer loan(slice) and personal loan (lazypay). Can u pls tell What will be my credit mix?
View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Finally received my first unsecured CC as AXIS IOCL with LTF after 6 rejections from axis smile
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
BTW

1) what's the Credit Limit you got?

2) Applied as Salaried/Self employed? 
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
You can close IDFC Card, Its basically waste anyway, Barely any offers on merchants and benefits arent very personalised. Use that FD amount to get other secured ones like ICICI, OneCard, Paizabazaar (if you need Rupay Credit for Swiggy Offers) And diversify your collection ✌️
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
No it's visa infinite card, have amazing offer like 50% discount upto 300 on BMS
replyuser
Click here to reply