Hot Deal

Which type of Printer can be selected for occasional use?

3658°
  • 37721
  • 238
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Self Promotion : 1
    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
Deal Cadet
dealdimer99

Please provide valuable suggestions regarding which type of printer can be selected for occasional use for Black & White 30 to 50 pages print monthly.

Whether should go for ink tank, ink jet, laser? All in one printer or single function? Kindly consider following points also:

# Cost of print per page
# Cost of Replacement supplies and Refilling.
# Other maintenance cost if any.

Searched previous posts regarding it but not found any post having proper info. General opinion from google search is to go with ink tank which is costing 10 to 20 paisa per print and it can refilled easily with ink bottle.

Brand and Model suggestions are also preferred.

237 Comments  |  
138 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
ULYSSES wrote:

As I said earlier, Play somewhere else. I have no patience to enlighten you.

But that’s exactly what you are doing, kiddo

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
puneet.18agarwal wrote:

I haven’t changed any sort of chip
Though have changed the drum of superior quality only once since 3 years of my purchase.
Compatible toner costs 100 for 100 GM.
500 for 1kg.
In 100rs I easily get 1800-2000(on average) pages..
Near about 5paise per page printing cost.
If include maintainace also than it would not cost more than 6.5 paise per page. In my case it costed only drum(150 good quality though available at RS 50 also) that I replaced recently.

Hey, where should i get basic printer troubleshoot and repair knowledge so that local repair printer shop don’t dupe me with their fake promises and misguidance ? I was also interested in ricoh but was not advised by local printer repair shop due to rate availability of spare parts.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I understand that inkject cartridges are a scam:


But if requirement is cheap print (price/page), not all-in-one or wifi, mostly b/w.
Can’t we buy inkjet and get the ink cartridge refilled locally(at cheap cost instead of buying new cartridges, something like done here:
).
Please help here if I am missing something.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I am using Brother T500W from last 3 years….best All in one printer with WIFI

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Watson wrote:

Ricoh laser printers are good value for price but keep a few things in mind:
Original toner cartridges are expensive. 1.When u refill with toner powder, u also need to replace the chip(₹100) on cartridge. Otherwise printing will look faded. Also printer will sense that u r using the old cartridge and may permanently damage ur printer firmware.
2. Replacement spares for Ricoh like roller and doctor blade are not easily available (as like HP or Canon) in printer market. These will eventually wear off and require renewal.

You can thrice refill the toner without any issue.
Regarding the chip or drum you may need in the 4th refill but till then the doctor blade may show the signs of lines .In short refill the cartridge 3 times and then buy a new compatible cartridge .In my case though I have cured the original one also but it costed me 450 . new compatible costed 1100 only with 2000 or more Pages output.
Which also can be refilled 3rice without any issue.Think wisely.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

HELP / ADVICE NEEDED – Looking for my first ever printer

My requirement is cheap prints (price/page), USB – not wifi, all black and white prints.

I understand the key is to refill with compatible inks, not the company provided inks as they are costly. So which brand & model combo can get me the cheapest printer (on price per page basis)? Bonus if it can scan or do xerox too, but both are really not needed.

Please provide links to the products, thank you.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Very informative thread.
I need printer for occasional use, prefer color printer.
(1) How long Ink Tub can be left idle? If I do not print 3-4 month, what will happen? Only tub to be refilled or more damage/expenses?
(2) What is cost of new/refilling Ink tubs – black and color both?
(3) B&W laser looks best for occasional, but color laser at 30k out of my budget. Any color laser in less than 20k?

In past, I had one all in one from HP, its cartridge got dried up so all money wasted, never bought new cartridge being expensive, so that printer is garbage now.

CC few printer experts….
@dealdimer99
@mas143forever
@goldi
@cybermenindia247
@vjmohammedyounus24
@Madil

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
yolodime wrote:

HELP / ADVICE NEEDED – Looking for my first ever printer

My requirement is cheap prints (price/page), USB – not wifi, all black and white prints.

I understand the key is to refill with compatible inks, not the company provided inks as they are costly. So which brand & model combo can get me the cheapest printer (on price per page basis)? Bonus if it can scan or do xerox too, but both are really not needed.

Please provide links to the products, thank you.

Get Ink Tank from any of the reputed company
Print Cost per page will be around 10ps or less.

Other features depends on budget.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
worldindia2000 wrote:

I need printer for occasional use, prefer color printer.
(1) How long Ink Tub can be left idle? If I do not print 3-4 month, what will happen? Only tub to be refilled or more damage/expenses?
(2) What is cost of new/refilling Ink tubs – black and color both?
(3) B&W laser looks best for occasional, but color laser at 30k out of my budget. Any color laser in less than 20k?

In past, I had one all in one from HP, its cartridge got dried up so all money wasted, never bought new cartridge being expensive, so that printer is garbage now.

CC few printer experts….
@dealdimer99
@mas143forever
@goldi
@cybermenindia247
@vjmohammedyounus24
@Madil
@vjmohammedyounus676

Get Ink Tank only. No point going for a color laser at triple price.

Ink Tanks are very cheap to print. And you can just keep taking prints every now and then to keep it running. Wont suggest leaving printers for months, just take any print out just for the sake of it, once in a while.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thanks @mas143forever , can you please also help with my first 2 queries? Actually I am not particular on printing cost as very few prints needed occasionally. Only problem is that I may not be able to take print frequently, so trying to understand re-start/maintenance costs of Ink Tank printer if not used for 1 month, 2 month, 3 month. No point buying something having maintenance cost associated if not used regularly

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Lazer Printer is the best for occasional printing.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
worldindia2000 wrote:

Thanks @mas143forever , can you please also help with my first 2 queries? Actually I am not particular on printing cost as very few prints needed occasionally. Only problem is that I may not be able to take print frequently, so trying to understand re-start/maintenance costs of Ink Tank printer if not used for 1 month, 2 month, 3 month. No point buying something having maintenance cost associated if not used regularly

1. One cannot say exactly after how much time it can be left idle. But yes, since its not laser, leaving it idle for long can lead to clogging of print heads.

So, if you can just take random prints every now and then, that will be alright and go ahead with the ink tank. But if you are sure that will be leaving it for months every now and then (going out of city or anything like that every now and then), then I guess you safest option is laser only. This is something you have to see.

2. Price would be different for different brands. Dont worry about it though. Its much much cheaper as compared to cartridge based inkjets. Similar to laserjet for per page cost.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

1. One cannot say exactly after how much time it can be left idle. But yes, since its not laser, leaving it idle for long can lead to clogging of print heads.

So, if you can just take random prints every now and then, that will be alright and go ahead with the ink tank. But if you are sure that will be leaving it for months every now and then (going out of city or anything like that every now and then), then I guess you safest option is laser only. This is something you have to see.

2. Price would be different for different brands. Dont worry about it though. Its much much cheaper as compared to cartridge based inkjets. Similar to laserjet for per page cost.

Thanks a lot @mas143forever . Any idea if even 3-4 week idle time will also vaporize the Ink Tub and clog the print head?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
worldindia2000 wrote:

Thanks a lot @mas143forever . Any idea if even 3-4 week idle time will also vaporize the Ink Tub and clog the print head?

3-4 weeks shouldnt be a problem. In anycase, Ink tank wont be affected, it will mostly be the clogging of the print head only at most.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

3-4 weeks shouldnt be a problem. In anycase, Ink tank wont be affected, it will mostly be the clogging of the print head only at most.

thanks @mas143forever and is there any way to avoid printhead clog/drying if going outstation for more than a month – like power off printer and take out all Ink Tubs etc (just guessing). How much new printhead would cost if not able to unclog at home (noticed many youtubes videos to unclog tub printheads)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

avoid Ink cartridge printers

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Hp 410….is it a right decision for occasional use?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Has anyone used Brother DCP-L2541DW ….It checks all boxes, wifi, laser printer, adf scanner,legal paper support 4 star review on amazon and flipkart. However I see very bad reviews on mouth shut and complaints about jam issues. Please let me know if this or HP Laserjet Pro M126nw is better buy.
cc printer experts

@dealdimer99
@mas143forever
@goldi
@cybermenindia247
@vjmohammedyounus24
@Madil

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
yolodime wrote:

HELP / ADVICE NEEDED – Looking for my first ever printer

My requirement is cheap prints (price/page), USB – not wifi, all black and white prints.

I understand the key is to refill with compatible inks, not the company provided inks as they are costly. So which brand & model combo can get me the cheapest printer (on price per page basis)? Bonus if it can scan or do xerox too, but both are really not needed.

Please provide links to the products, thank you.

Brother laser (get it from offline, will be cheaper) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SHFP99W/ref=redir_m...

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

inkjet is fine for occasional print..do some research if that printer you are buying support ink refilling it will save some money… wi-fi printer is handy but if you have a wifi router you can still convert a normal printer in to wifi printing capacity

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

HP LaserJet MFP 1005

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
jettypocof1143 wrote:

inkjet is fine for occasional print..do some research if that printer you are buying support ink refilling it will save some money… wi-fi printer is handy but if you have a wifi router you can still convert a normal printer in to wifi printing capacity

How ? Please explain

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Don’t buy canon e560.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Suggest all in one printer under 17k

Catridge/ink price should be reasonable

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Get an ink tank. Frankly it will not ask for refills and will last atleast 5 years without service

Missing