23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
2016 06 04 16.18.53
Deal Subedar

Nov 29 and Check slickdeals.net

Missing
suspended

guide in what way?
Black Friday offline loots work good with coupons and sleeping outside the big outlets before D day.
and for online, for things like laptops, importing it from China (on Singles Day 11.11) might be cheaper.
Last year’s Alibaba, AliExp mega sales for Singles Day were absolutely massive.
even these sites gift activity coupons or credits for various tasks.. days in advance.
people easily end up with 60-80USD worth credits before 11.11

http://desidime.com/festivals has
http://desidime.com/festivals/singles-day-sale
and
http://desidime.com/festivals/black-friday-sale might be for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
though it isn’t known how above pages are curated or if they always reflect all deals here.

Missing
Deal Cadet
saravananbaskaran wrote:

Nov 29 and Check slickdeals.net

How does one order and get it delivered to an Indian address.

2016 06 04 16.18.53
Deal Subedar

Through your friends and relatives

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar

Through forwarders, like PPO, HOPSHOPGO, MYUS, STACKRY shop2ship,boderlinx.

Missing
Deal Newbie
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Through forwarders, like PPO, HOPSHOPGO, MYUS, STACKRY shop2ship,boderlinx.

Did they deliver in india without costing import duties

Missing
Deal Newbie
rijujavin001 wrote:

guide in what way?
Black Friday offline loots work good with coupons and sleeping outside the big outlets before D day.
and for online, for things like laptops, importing it from China (on Singles Day 11.11) might be cheaper.
Last year’s Alibaba, AliExp mega sales for Singles Day were absolutely massive.
even these sites gift activity coupons or credits for various tasks.. days in advance.
people easily end up with 60-80USD worth credits before 11.11

http://desidime.com/festivals has
http://desidime.com/festivals/singles-day-sale
and
http://desidime.com/festivals/black-friday-sale might be for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
though it isn’t known how above pages are curated or if they always reflect all deals here.

All have negative reviews for ali express

Missing
Deal Newbie

Also I have my relatives coming to India from USA in Decemberso what is the best option for me to purchase a laptop

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
Expand
hanu853522 wrote:

Did they deliver in india without costing import duties

They are doing business,  of course they will charge you import + service charge.

Deal Subedar

Buy from india and get warranty ,imported will not have warranty

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
akshayrpatil wrote:

Buy from india and get warranty ,imported will not have warranty

For most brands, 1 year International warranty will be there
I got one manufacturer refurbished laptop 5 years back from US and even that had 3 months international warranty
After getting it, i got extended warranty here

Missing
Deal Subedar
hanu853522 wrote:

Also I have my relatives coming to India from USA in Decemberso what is the best option for me to purchase a laptop

Bhai if they are generously agree to bring your laptop with them, in a bag of course, without the box, then custom will not charge it as it is going to be considered as for personal usage. But in case of MacBooks without box warranty is not considered to be valid. Check the facts again. If it is possible and your relatives bring it in a bag like a normal electronics and you are cool with that then, it is actually an amazing idea. smile
Edit: Ask them to make it look like an used one(By creating login, keeping files etc ).

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
getready wrote:

For most brands, 1 year International warranty will be there
I got one manufacturer refurbished laptop 5 years back from US and even that had 3 months international warranty
After getting it, i got extended warranty here

Which laptop bhai???

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
Expand
bikidas2060580 wrote:

Bhai if they are generously agree to bring your laptop with them, in a bag of course, without the box, then custom will not charge it as it is going to be considered as for personal usage. But in case of MacBooks without box warranty is not considered to be valid. Check the facts again. If it is possible and your relatives bring it in a bag like a normal electronics and you are cool with that then, it is actually an amazing idea. smile
Edit: Ask them to make it look like an used one(By creating login, keeping files etc ).

Since when did Apple start asking for box to validate it’s products including macbook to avail service? All they care is to verify the serial number of the device, no bill no box nothing.

Been using US purchased macbooks since 2009 and never once did I face any issue in availing service here in India.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Since when did Apple start asking for box to validate it’s products including macbook to avail service? All they care is to verify the serial number of the device, no bill no box nothing.

Been using US purchased macbooks since 2009 and never once did I face any issue in availing service here in India.

I haven’t required to visit service station yet. In Apple forum also they reiterate what are you saying. 🙂 It’s my mistake

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Which apple products you have been using?

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
Expand
coderguy wrote:

Which apple products you have been using?

Got a 1.5 years old used iMac back in 2010. A couple of macbooks but I use them until they are deemed irreparable or too expensive to repair. Still currently own iMac which is being used by dad at work and I use a macbook air which is around 2 years old now.

Used iPod classic, nano and touch. None in possession now.

Got and used all iPhones till date right from iPhone 2G back in Jan 2008. Didn’t get 11/11 Pro though. Happy with Xr for now.

Have Apple TV connected to our main TV in hall but we seldom use it.

Keep changing iPads on and off but since past few years I rely on a good deal on OLX for a used one. Currently use a 10.5" iPad Pro cellular that I got on OLX at a good price. Used apple pencil and apple smart keyboard too but sold them later as I was hardly ever using them.

Airpods 2 with normal charging case. Had airpods 1 too but gave it to my wife as I wasn’t using them much. Wanted airpods later again and got airpods 2 for myself.

Apple Watch series 3 GPS 42mm. Used gen 1, series 2 and series 4 as well perviously.

Cropped6180125751458686699
Deal Subedar
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Got a 1.5 years old used iMac back in 2010. A couple of macbooks but I use them until they are deemed irreparable or too expensive to repair. Still currently own iMac which is being used by dad at work and I use a macbook air which is around 2 years old now.

Got and used all iPhones till date right from iPhone 2G back in Jan 2008. Didn’t get 11/11 Pro though. Happy with Xr for now.

Keep changing iPads on and off but since past few years I rely on a good deal on OLX for a used one. Currently use a 10.5" iPad Pro cellular that I got on OLX at a good price. Used apple pencil and apple smart keyboard too but sold them later as I was hardly ever using them.

Airpods 2 with normal charging case. Had airpods 1 too but gave it to my wife as I wasn’t using them much. Wanted airpods later again and got airpods 2 for myself.

Apple Watch series 3 GPS 42mm. Used gen 1, series 2 and series 4 as well perviously.

Bhai, why are you here on DesiDime? stuck_out_tongue

I’m joking

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar

Lol customs is 41%. Just remember that. Upped from 14% of five years back.

Good luck.

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Nice btw how old are you?working?

Img 20190301 141207
Analyst
Expand
hanu853522 wrote:

All have negative reviews for ali express

Guys i am one of the few who pampers his postman… Yes I return from Goa… Might not bring in gifts for family but don’t miss it for my postman.

Now not many parcels got lost in transit. No its not a joke.

Buy items below 25 dollars only from AE. Just stop drooping your eyes at all the prices. Anyone of them can hit a customs duty charge.

11.11 is not really an offer its a marketing gimmick. AZ GISF had good genuine deals but not AE. The prices got jacked up last week.

Savings at there but max 5% not more.

There are gems to be found like unique gadgets.

Bought a flat brush which can go below the bed and cupboards in the 1/2 inch gap and take out all dust, hair and spiderweb underneath.

Want to build a basic gaming computer for son so bought Intel Core2Quad 9400 processor for rs.625 and ddr3 1333 4gb with heat sink for 750 after coupon and a nvidia gtx750ti 1gb for 2500. Just have to buy motherboard & case and reuse some old stuff in cupboard like key board, mouse Hdd, ssd, smps etc.

Missing