Hot Deal

best laptop under 40k and non Chinese brand

4407°
Deal Cadet
CS_kishan

Can Someone please suggest me a laptop under 40k , for normal usage and office work with a good battery backup. Please help 

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Acer is poor in terms of service. They provide services through third party it take 15 to 30 days to resolve simple issue. Moreover, third party give so much excuse to visit your house.
HP is best in terms of service quick resolutions and i feel built quality is best in hp.
Note i have used acer, dell, lenovo and hp.
For me HP is best in terms of quality of product and services.

Built quality of lenovo is not good. Strictly Avoid.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

Thanks bro , for taking time and finding all this , but should I go for 8gb + 1HDD or 4gb + 512 SDD which one is best ?

You can get 8gb ram + 512gb ssd in 40k

277 Comments  |  
90 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
SandorTheFookingClegane wrote:

4GB RAM+Integrated graphics is a recipe for disaster.
Reason: The Intel HD Graphics 620 (and all the other Integrated GPUs by Intel) utilize the System’s Memory (RAM) as their Video/Graphics Memory. Hence, they do not have any memory of their own. They work by dynamically allocating the RAM as their Video Memory as per the requirement.

So either get the 8GB+1TB combo and add a 128/256GB SSD later if you need or you can get the 4GB+512GB combo and add a 4GB RAM stick but in this case the max. RAM you can upgrade to will be 8GB and not 16GB. Check the laptop’s no and type of free slots in both cases.

Time to update your info. Intel HD graphics is quite weak so amount of ram it can effectively consume is also much less compared to say more powerful integrated graphics like vega 8 on ryzen 5. In worst case scenario it may use ~500mb which can be easily compensated by ssd by way of pagefile but reverse is not true as same pagefile will crawl on a hdd because of its very low random read/write speeds so between choosing ssd/4gb ram & hdd/8gb ram, always choose ssd.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

That HP 15s EQ0024AU has no ips screen, no AC wifi(only got old N wifi that too 1×1 type) & still costlier than acer so not worth buying compared to acer A515-43 given above.

Bro just read some reviews that after sales service of acer is very poor and build in quality is not as much good and where as HP after sales service are good and quick and build in quality is also better . Plz share some info. Regarding this @guest_999 , @7H4NO5 , referring to the acer aspire 5 A515 – 43 and HP 15s eq0024aq

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

Bro just read some reviews that after sales service of acer is very poor and build in quality is not as much good and where as HP after sales service are good and quick and build in quality is also better . Plz share some info. Regarding this @guest_999 , @7H4NO5

I have no experience with after sales service of both brands. Build quality of acer is average, not bad. I didn’t like the design. I bought Acer as there was no other good option within my budget of 35k.
(I have taken extended warranty of 1+2 years for 1300rs)

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

Bro just read some reviews that after sales service of acer is very poor and build in quality is not as much good and where as HP after sales service are good and quick and build in quality is also better . Plz share some info. Regarding this @guest_999 , @7H4NO5 , referring to the acer aspire 5 A515 – 43 and HP 15s eq0024aq

All that is relative, that hp model build quality is nothing compared to a 2 lakh macbook pro laptop. Similarly after sales support of msi is nothing compared to supposedly bad after sales support of acer. What you should focus on is whether build quality is so bad that just keeping it & picking it from the table might break something or whether your laptop will spend 2 months in service centre for a simple repair. Also after sales service factor only comes into play when it is needed so if you manage to run your laptop without issues for 3 years(or even 2 years) then it can be pretty much neglected after that.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Time to update your info. Intel HD graphics is quite weak so amount of ram it can effectively consume is also much less compared to say more powerful integrated graphics like vega 8 on ryzen 5. In worst case scenario it may use ~500mb which can be easily compensated by ssd by way of pagefile but reverse is not true as same pagefile will crawl on a hdd because of its very low random read/write speeds so between choosing ssd/4gb ram & hdd/8gb ram, always choose ssd.

I know Vega 8 uses much more system ram than Intel’s UHD 620… therefore more reason to not buy a laptop with 4GB RAM. I just copied the reason part from Google so it didn’t mention AMD earlier.

Does it really help much to have SSD for iGPU? One of my friends had Ryzen 5 2400G+8GB DDR4 RAM+240GB SSD desktop. Still, games lagged on his pc and his CPU temperature were very high. But after upgrading to 16GB RAM much of his problems were fixed. It’s usually recommended to have dual channel fast RAM of atleast 8GB for Ryzen’s inbuild GPU.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
SandorTheFookingClegane wrote:

I know Vega 8 uses much more system ram than Intel’s UHD 620… therefore more reason to not buy a laptop with 4GB RAM. I just copied the reason part from Google so it didn’t mention AMD earlier.

Does it really help much to have SSD for iGPU? One of my friends had Ryzen 5 2400G+8GB DDR4 RAM+240GB SSD desktop. Still, games lagged on his pc and his CPU temperature were very high. But after upgrading to 16GB RAM much of his problems were fixed. It’s usually recommended to have dual channel fast RAM of atleast 8GB for Ryzen’s inbuild GPU.

It all depends on laptop manufacturer’s implementation .e.g.acer reserves 2gb fixed ram for vega 8 out of 8gb ram which cannot be changed in bios but asus reserves ~1gb only on their 4gb ryzen 3500u laptops.

SSD is needed for overall system performance, igpu can only use installed system ram but windows can also use pagefile to compensate for ram shortage. Dual channel ram is very important for ryzen integrated graphics where difference in performance can be as much as 40% but for normal windows tasks like browsing etc it does not matter. A 8gb ram system with 1TB hdd will always run slower overall than a 4gb ram system with ssd. I know because I used to have 4gb ram with 1tb hdd on an old intel laptop & later when I upgraded to ssd it was a night & day difference. Earlier when my ram usage crossed 75% browser/windows always crashed but with ssd I could run my system/browser fine even with 80% ram usage(& this was on 4gb ram which I also later upgraded to 8gb by adding another 4gb).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Apart from all the good ones mentioned in the posts above, your other options are these. You can use any card offer applicable to you on these. For the ones without an SSD you should add a 256gb or 512gb SSD after the purchase and migrate Windows to it. The options are:

https://www.amazon.in/Asus-Laptop-X512DA-EJ502T... (Ideal specs)

https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-UX331FAL-EG075T-13-3... (Good premium ultrabook available at a great price though storage is 256gb)

https://www.amazon.in/AVITA-NS14A6INF561-MEGYB-... (Great specs if you can go with the Brand)

https://www.flipkart.com/avita-pura-ryzen-5-qua... (Was available last week for 30,990 for one day and then went out of stock. Has come again in stock at 32,990. Federal Bank offer present. Only 1 more in stock) Update: OOS again smile

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Aspire-15-6-inch-Win... (Add SSD)

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-A315-56-15-6-inch-i5... (Add SSD)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B087D...K/ (10th gen i3 is powerful)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084X...G/ (10th gen i3 is powerful – 512gb SSD)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B087D...H/ (Ryzen 5)

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

I am confused between HP 15s EQ0024AU and Acer aspire 5 A515 43 🤔 plz help me out which I should go with anguished anguished @guest_999 @7H4NO5 plz help

I was also very confused when buying 1 few days ago. Then I went with this @bikidas2060 suggestion https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...
Got it for 53,574 alongwith 3 years extended warranty.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

I am confused between HP 15s EQ0024AU and Acer aspire 5 A515 43 🤔 plz help me out which I should go with anguished anguished @guest_999 @7H4NO5 plz help

I was also very confused when buying 1 few days ago. Then I went with this @bikidas2060 suggestion https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...
Got it for 53,574 alongwith 3 years extended warranty.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
sardasa wrote:

I was also very confused when buying 1 few days ago. Then I went with this @bikidas2060 suggestion https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...
Got it for 53,574 alongwith 3 years extended warranty.

Why didn’t you go with Acer 515-43 model? The one with IPS panel.
That one too had extended warranty or 3 years(1+2)
Was under 40k too.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Chandler_Bing wrote:

Why didn’t you go with Acer 515-43 model? The one with IPS panel.
That one too had extended warranty or 3 years(1+2)
Was under 40k too.

Wife was not ready to go for Ryzen processor instead wanted Intel.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
sardasa wrote:

Wife was not ready to go for Ryzen processor instead wanted Intel.

Fair enough! smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

This laptop seems good ok_hand , but out of my budget !! Mine is under 40k expressionless , searching for good offers cold_sweat

I was also sailing in the same boat but ender up raising budget.
From personal experience I request you to go for SSD and IPS. I can see the difference between this one and my Dell one which I bought last year and it lacks both.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sardasa wrote:

I was also sailing in the same boat but ender up raising budget.
From personal experience I request you to go for SSD and IPS. I can see the difference between this one and my Dell one which I bought last year and it lacks both.

Currently on my top list is acer aspire 5 A515 – 43 , coz it full all the requirement , IPS display , SSD 512 GB , and budget friendly but I am worried about its after sales service 🤔

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
prashyuvraj303 wrote:

Core i3 is bakwas

Nothing in itself is bakwas. It all depends upon your requirement & type of work for which you’re buying that machine.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I ordered a laptop yesterday on TataCliq.. I want to cancel but the site is down and I got a mail saying seller has packed the item for dispatch.. I am not able to cancel.. Please share some thoughts on what my options are..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

Bro which one is more value for money RYZEN 5 3rd gen or intel I5 10 gen ?

@DealManic
Bro, I am assuming you are talking about Ryzen 5 3500U when you say Ryzen 5 3rd Gen.

A. 3500U is not a 3rd Gen APU. It is a 2nd Gen APU based on 12nm architecture which means it is naturally (even for non-gaming purpose) more power-hungry than i5 10th Gen which is a Intel Gen-2 10nm architecture. Avg battery duration will be easily 1-1.5hrs lesser.

B. When it comes to integrated graphics, there is no way Intel can beat Ryzen.. atleast not currently but maybe in distant future.

C. When it comes to single core burst performance, there is no way Ryzen can beat intel.. atleast not currenty but soon they might.

D. Gaming generates a lot of heat and needs a lot of power.. in comparison with even highly intensive non-gaming multitasking. Laptops, in general are not designed with gaming-level ventilation. The processor/gpu are generally underclocked and have a lower-tdp for the same reason.

In conclusion, no doubt 3500U is a better valued APU than i5 Gen 10 CPU+IG. But like @bikidas2060 and @guest_999 said, the comparison is purely objective and circumstantial.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
equalizer wrote:

@DealManic
Bro, I am assuming you are talking about Ryzen 5 3500U when you say Ryzen 5 3rd Gen.

A. 3500U is not a 3rd Gen APU. It is a 2nd Gen APU based on 12nm architecture which means it is naturally more power-hungry than i5 10th Gen which is a Intel Gen-2 10nm architecture.

B. When it comes to integrated graphics, there is no way Intel can beat Ryzen.. atleast not currently but maybe in distant future.

C. When it comes to single core burst performance, there is no way Ryzen can beat intel.. atleast not currenty but soon they might.

D. Gaming generates a lot of heat and need a lot of power.. in comparison even highly intensive non-gaming multitasking. Laptops, in general are not designed with gaming-level ventilation. The processor/gpu are generally underclocked and have a lower-tdp for the same reason.

In conclusion, no doubt 3500U is a better valued APU than i5 Gen 10 CPU+IG. But like @bikidas2060 and @guest_999 said, the comparison is purely objective and circumstantial.

You are right. My mistake. @LIMBO told me couple of days back about Ryzen generation. I had forgotten 😜😜😔

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

You are right. My mistake. @LIMBO told me couple of days back about Ryzen generation. I had forgotten 😜😜😔

Aaj kal Miss ki wajah se Misunderstanding kuch ज्यादा hi ho rahi hai. stuck_out_tongue joy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
CS_kishan wrote:

Can you please recommend some good HP model’s under 40k with basic requirements like SSD , ips display , and good battery backup plz pray

I bought laptop with HDD, swapped HDD with SAMSUNG SSD 1Tb pro
Also upgraded the RAM from 4Gb to 8Gb

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@equalizer @bikidas2060 Ryzen naming seems to be going the usb gen 3 way that is why I avoid talking about gen at all. smile

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply