Hot Deal

Kotak 811 debit freeze

347°
Deal Newbie
palkunal376917

We wish to inform you that the status of your account XXXX2278 has been changed from No Freeze to Debit Freeze on 06-04-2024 for TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE. For any assistance please contact your Home Branch.

Customer care says to visit the branch but the bank is 100 km away. Any solution ?

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

"TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE - Transactions Pattern Mismatch Compared to Declared Profile - When opening an account, you may have provided inaccurate details such as incorrect income criteria. This can trigger an alert in the system.

Additionally, if you are consistently making high-value transactions that appear to be from non-trusted sources, this could also raise red flags. Financial institutions often freeze accounts when the details provided during KYC (such as an annual income of 5 lakhs) do not match the actual money flowing into the account (such as 2-4 lakhs regularly).

This type of discrepancy between the declared profile and the actual transaction patterns is what sets off the system's alarms. It's a common trigger for financial institutions to review and potentially restrict account activity. This is just my perspective on the likely reasons behind such a 'transaction pattern mismatch' scenario."

36 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

mine also debit freezed today ,reaason mentione high UPI tractions,

was doing 5-6 upi trnaction daily on ecom websites 

Deal Brigadier Deal Brigadier
Link Copied

5-6 daily debits ? Through which UPI app bhim or Bajaj ?

View 5 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Update: 

After complaining on Twitter I was called from the branch and I went to the branch(120 km away) and submitted the documents ,ITR & the letter.

I was told it would be fixed in three days.

The branch manager told me why I contacted with the service team on Twitter.

It's been three days but the debit freeze still not removed from the account, what should I do now ? 

Link Copied

Correct he said u shud not complaint on Twitter now account kyc checking will be monitored by head office & higher team. . instead if u just go to branch and request them .. in that case branch can unblock it 

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Made a Netbanking transaction via Kotak 811 today (Pockets Wallet load) which went smoothly. A second transaction an hour later couldn't be carried out as OTP generation was blocked. Being asked to call customer service. I use Kotak NB very sparingly. 811 account is just terrible. 

Edit: According to the customer service it's a temporary issue affecting several customers. Not an issue with my account.

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

I have about 2500 transaction from July 2023 in kotak 811

Have not faced any issue

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

Gr8, wanted to write something funny but gave up because people taking seriously these days. ..

View 1 more reply
Cool Cool
Link Copied

Banks have become too paranoid these days .

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

One to five UPI transactions are done every week.I paid the own credit card bill with the money that came to my account through UPI.

As the nearest branch is 100 km away and this is my mother's account.

That's why I don't want my mother to go to the branch twice to solve the problem.

So what would be theke best solution? Should I go to the bank and tell them that I want to close the account, will they ask for any proof of where the money came from?

Or should I tell the bank to close/upgrade the account and open a new premium(10/25MAB) account so that they can resolve the matter quickly ?

Closing the account or lifting the debit freeze on the account which will be easier and will not require any extra documents ?

Link Copied
1 to 5 upi txn is very less bro, then which thing triggered debit freeze?
Link Copied

these notices getting on debit count or credit count  ? or both counts

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Made bajaj UPI trnxs??

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

I have never opened these full digital accounts like fi, 811 for a reason and I've been saved from a lot of harrasment... Seems was a good decision in the long run...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

While I agree to some extend, most of the freeze was due to improper use of the account like for the purpose of business transactions and for the purpose of money rotation. For genuine users who knows what they are doing, digital accounts work well and it saves a ton of charges

View 3 more replies
The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

Many banks account gets freezes..RBI is strict to do again KyC for most of the acc..i have visited bank for my kyc and saw dat few ppls also in line..

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

@palkunal376917 what was your upi usage pattern

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Any business or cashback related transactions from your end?

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

"TXN PATTERN MISMATCH VIS-A-VIS DECLARED PROFILE - Transactions Pattern Mismatch Compared to Declared Profile - When opening an account, you may have provided inaccurate details such as incorrect income criteria. This can trigger an alert in the system.

Additionally, if you are consistently making high-value transactions that appear to be from non-trusted sources, this could also raise red flags. Financial institutions often freeze accounts when the details provided during KYC (such as an annual income of 5 lakhs) do not match the actual money flowing into the account (such as 2-4 lakhs regularly).

This type of discrepancy between the declared profile and the actual transaction patterns is what sets off the system's alarms. It's a common trigger for financial institutions to review and potentially restrict account activity. This is just my perspective on the likely reasons behind such a 'transaction pattern mismatch' scenario."

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How is it possible to update this income declaration for already opened account ?

View 3 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

ab wo paise mangega

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied

Oho. Sad to hear freezes of accounts these days.. BTW what triggered it?

replyuser
Click here to reply