Hot Deal

LG OPTIMUS E970 Club :)

4309°
Generous
xuseronline

As many people have started receiving this “monster” device (original thread – http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...), I would like to create a thread dedicated to LG Optimus E970 users. You can post reviews, queries, ROMs, hardware issues, accessories etc.

This thread should help me dimers https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

500 Comments  |  
89 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I got a mail from them today regarding the missing micro sd card… they took my bank acc details … n told that the amount will be deposited by 5-6 working days !:-?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

For latest version downolad from here its miui v5 4.3.7 www.4shared.com/zip/jLP6t2VGce/miui_e970_geeb_4…
& the main thread from the rom info: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2519867

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
dr.nakum wrote:

For latest version downolad from here its miui v5 4.3.7 www.4shared.com/zip/jLP6t2VGce/miui_e970_geeb_4…
& the main thread from the rom info: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2519867

downloaded the following yesterday…
miui_E970_4.2.16.zip
getting the following error message
“formatting system…
format() expects 5 args, got 4
E: error in /storage/sdcard1/miui 4.0. zip
(status 7)
installation aborted”
the same message i am getting this for vanir recently downloaded roms…
what does this mean???

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

my optimus g was unable to read sim it detects sim card and then it rebooted saying that sim is detected and when it reboots it shows a logo of no sim please help me

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime1979 wrote:

dr.nakum wrote:

miui_E970_4.2.16.zip
“formatting system…
(status 7)
installation aborted”
what does this mean???

Which steps you follows to install the rom,tell me from step 1 to end after you goes into recovery fpr installing rom & please tell which recovery & version you r using cwm or twrp

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
mohitjain111216 wrote:

my optimus g was unable to read sim it detects sim card and then it rebooted saying that sim is detected and when it reboots it shows a logo of no sim please help me

Your sim not cutted properly so this thing happen,same happened with me & i buy a new sim of same no. & get cutted @ idea store,no problem till than

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

anyboy interested to sell ??

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
vaibhavshan wrote:

selling LG e970 with diztronic case.. unused totally new.. price 14500/- anyone interested PM me.. location bangalore..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Can someone tell me this about vanir rom:-
(i installed minimal gapps only)
1) geeb zip file??
2)GAPPs standard zip (am i lacking something using basic gapps?)
3) kernel zip (B17 zip) as Altruist told we have to install thisMy query regarding this is that now i have installed many apps and do not want a freshly installed rom (in its just installed state).
Would flashing kernel now do that?
Moeover steps for flashing kernel.

Please help appreciated.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime3232 wrote:

vaibhavshan wrote:

selling LG e970 with diztronic case.. unused totally new.. price 14500/- anyone interested PM me.. location bangalore..

i dont need the case.interested in buying in rs 13000.not more than that.or if you can sell me in 6000 i can give you killer deal in note 3 or s5 if you are planning to buy one

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
bluebeast123763 wrote:

1) geeb zip file??
3) kernel zip (B17 zip) as Altruist told we have to install thisMy query regarding this is that now i have installed many apps and do not want a freshly installed rom (in its just installed state).

Please help appreciated.

Flashing new kernel won’t affect any other apps. You can install kernel on top of the Vanir rom already installed i.e., no need to install ROM again. You can always change kernel but be sure it was given by the original ROM developer. Meaning you have to install kernel zips given in VANIR ROM xda page only.

Custom Kernel is written by original ROM developer with his own power schemes like cpu frequency switching based on load etc. For VANIR Rom, using the stock kernel is giving very poor performance. So installing the custom kernel given by VANIR developers is a must to get that performance with Vanir ROM.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Altruist wrote:

bluebeast123763 wrote:

1) geeb zip file??
http://d-h.st/users/Evolutionmods/?fld_id=25232…
Please help appreciated.

Flashing new kernel won’t affect any other apps. You can install kernel on top of the Vanir rom already installed i.e., no need to install ROM again. You can always change kernel but be sure it was given by the original ROM developer. Meaning you have to install kernel zips given in VANIR ROM xda page only.

Custom Kernel is written by original ROM developer with his own power schemes like cpu frequency switching based on load etc. For VANIR Rom, using the stock kernel is giving very poor performance. So installing the custom kernel given by VANIR developers is a must to get that performance with Vanir ROM.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
now should the kernel be b17 or b32?? since both are available.
Going to use this kernel.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
bluebeast123763 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
now should the kernel be b17 or b32?? since both are available.
Going to use this kernel.

You’re welcome. I’m using B17 zip without issues. Haven’t kept up with developments in xda thread. But B17 seems to be most used.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
dr.nakum wrote:

desidime1979 wrote:

dr.nakum wrote:

miui_E970_4.2.16.zip
“formatting system…
(status 7)
installation aborted”
what does this mean?

Which steps you follows to install the rom,tell me from step 1 to end after you goes into recovery fpr installing rom & please tell which recovery & version you r using cwm or twrp

Using freegee for installing recoveries
Using cwm recovery
1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
2. Advanced option and selecting wipe dalvik cache
3. Install zip
4. Selecting the zip file saved on SD card and flash
5. Getting the above said error..
What am I missing?
Now I am using snapshot m4 good one, light don’t know the exact battery coz I am now using the phone without sim…but ram usage is around 400mb…
But I wanted to try miui and vanir but for both i am getting the same error..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime1979 wrote:

dr.nakum wrote:

desidime1979 wrote:

dr.nakum wrote:

miui_E970_4.2.16.zip
“formatting system…
(status 7)
installation aborted”
what does this mean?

Using freegee for installing recoveries
Using cwm recovery
1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
2. Advanced option and selecting wipe dalvik cache
3. Install zip
4. Selecting the zip file saved on SD card and flash
5. Getting the above said error..
What am I missing?
Now I am using snapshot m4 good one, light don’t know the exact battery coz I am now using the phone without sim…but ram usage is around 400mb…
But I wanted to try miui and vanir but for both i am getting the same error..

You have to formate system also,i dont know from where you can do this in twrp recovery as i amusong cwm recover,but you must have to format system

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

now iam using cwm…will u please tell me how to format?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime1979 wrote:

now iam using cwm…will u please tell me how to format?

1st,2nd & 3rd step is not required as you have cwm,so start from 4th step directly as your 1st,
Follow the below steps:
4th now into recovery you have to use
vol+ for upward movement to select or
vol- for downard movement tp select any
option,& power button to confirm any thing
5 into recovery 1st off all go into
backup & restore-go into backup to /
storage/sdcard1-select it by power
button ,the phone will tack back up all
thing to sdcard(will take around 5
minute) after completing it ,select go
back (bottom last option) so main
recovery menu will apear
6 into recovery-a:select wipe data/factory
reset-press power button-another menu
will open select yes ,thats do a factory
reset
b:select wipe cach partion-press power
button-give yess that will wipe cache
C:select mount & storage-press power
button -than there is a menu-in that 1st
option written as mount/system select
it,press the power button so it turns into
unmount/system ,do the same for 3d option
data so ultimately there is top 3 option
looks like :unmount/system unmount/cache
unmount/data
Now go down into same & select format/
system,give yes ,than formate/cache give
yes,than format/data give yes than go botto
last option-go back it will shows main
recovery menu
d:select install zip-press power button so
another menu wil apear-in that select
choose zip from storage/sdcard 1,so
content of sdcard will appear in that
choose the rom file ,press power
button ,give yess now phone will install
the rom,which takes around 2 minute in
end there is writen install from sdcard is
complete
7 so now in main recovery select reboot
system now the phone will rebooted into
new rom (takes around 4 minute )
Thats it enjoy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

thanks a lot…will try today…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

this package is for “geebus,geehrc,e975,geehrc_4g_spr, geespr, ls970,geehrc4g,” devices: this is “E970” status 7 error….
is this means i am flashing a wrong zip file all these days????
but i downloaded from the link you have provided….that is
http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSP…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime1979 wrote:

this package is for “geebus,geehrc,e975,geehrc_4g_spr, geespr, ls970,geehrc4g,” devices: this is “E970” status 7 error….
is this means i am flashing a wrong zip file all these days????
but i downloaded from the link you have provided….that is
http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSP…

Yes you may flashed wrong zip,download fresh zip from above link & see whats happen & what happen in miui flash

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

“formatting system…
(status 7)
installation aborted”

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

i might have downloaded at least 5-6 zip files from the above link sometimes i get
“formatting system…
(status 7)
installation aborted”
or

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I’m interested in selling the excess Xtremeguard Screen Protectors I have. I have listed it on eBay for transparency.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/121295…23

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Guys, i need some help from you guys…i have messed up my E970 phone’s network.
Actually, i messed up with its EFS parititon and now i am not getting any network in my phone. My phone is ON, everything working but it is not detecting any sim https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
i read on XDA forum and got that i need to replace my EFS paritions again with system actual EFS partition file.

Any user friend who has E970 and who is rooted, pls download below file and run in recovery to back up the phone’s EFS parition, then pls mail me that backed up EFS parition file so that i can replace it to run my sim card:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/2b048194d...

pls download, its only 1 MB file and it will create a single file of small size (in KBs), that file will be placed in /sd card/ EFS_backup

pls mail me that file to save my phone…pls help ppl…it will not take much of your time…help

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ashishksin wrote:

Actually, i messed up with its EFS parititon and now i am not getting any network in my phone. My phone is ON, everything working but it is not detecting any sim https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
i read on XDA forum and got that i need to replace my EFS paritions again with system actual EFS partition file.

Any user friend who has E970 and who is rooted, pls download below file and run in recovery to back up the phone’s EFS parition, then pls mail me that backed up EFS parition file so that i can replace it to run my sim card:

pls download, its only 1 MB file and it will create a single file of small size (in KBs), that file will be placed in /sd card/ EFS_backup

pls mail me that file to save my phone…pls help ppl…it will not take much of your time…help

The link isnt working

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

my apologies, this is the correct link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?...

pls help sir…

dittu wrote:

ashishksin wrote:

The link isnt working

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Can anybody suggest me good earphones..mainly i watch HD movies on laptop.
Budget < 1K

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I have found out something interesting
I was having ics when i recvd the handset.The battery was running good. decent talktime.
Then i updated it thru lgnpst with stock v20 rom jb.i suddenly felt the battry is dying too early.The talk time as down by almost 40%.
Then i read somewhere that hard reset cud help.I did it.then after i got the battery flying high…it lasted 24hr with wifi always on and calling used for 3 hrs!!

Then i realisedthat battery when reached to 5%, dies suddenly.So i installed battery calibration sw.I recalibered battery.Then onwards i again started having faster battery drain.I observed it for 2 days.Then again i did a hard reset but it didnt help.battery was dying fast as it was.

Today i reflashed same rom thru lgnpst again and did a hard reset ( vol down + power).
Again battery has started giving decent talktime!!!

i will observe 3 more days.Then i will post the result again.
Has any1 got such an experience? those whose btry dsnt last long can try this.

whenever my battry was draining faster, the handset was getting heated without using any heavy apps.Just sms whatsapp wud get it heated.But now when my btry is lasting longer, again the handset has started cooling down.It dsnt heat now.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ashishksin wrote:

my apologies, this is the correct link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?...

pls help sir…

dittu wrote:

ashishksin wrote:

The link isnt working

Will PM you the files.

replyuser
Click here to reply