Hot Deal

LG OPTIMUS E970 Club :)

4308°
Generous
xuseronline

As many people have started receiving this “monster” device (original thread – http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...), I would like to create a thread dedicated to LG Optimus E970 users. You can post reviews, queries, ROMs, hardware issues, accessories etc.

This thread should help me dimers https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

500 Comments  |  
89 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
gourab4u wrote:

gyanr wrote:

Hi all, Can I remove At&T apps from phone without rooting it?
What are the Pros/Cons of rooting the Phone?

Back to the basics….

See.. Rooting is nothing but Admin access to your device. Android’s security feature prevents you to modify its system files. Now, think of an application which have an ability to act as a switch.
Want access? Bamm! Access given..Do Not want? OK.. no problem..This app will prevent modifying the system components…This app is the Superuser or SU. It helps in providing the administrator access to android’s system.
The bloatwares(at&t apps) are in the system. So if you do not have rights to modify the system, how can you remove them? So, w/o rooting, unfortunately you can not remove the bloatwares!
Now about pros & cons..
Positive points are numerous!! You can do whatever you like with your device!
Custom Roms, recoveries, build.prop tweaks, removing system apps to name only a few!
Cons?
If you are a noob and you do not know what you are doing, you will definitely be messing up with your device!! brick it(fortunately soft brick in most cases)
Possiblities are endless with rooting.. Now, Explore yourself!!

this is how i wanted someone to explain me (beginer) about the rooting…..
but of course with some screen shots in between would be better and specific to E970.
also how does the phone looks after those various custom ROMs would also helpful…
I explored google,XDA forum and other forums regarding the same. But expecting techgurus on desidime can also explain their specific experiences…please…
please somebody update the quality of empirecase screenguard and cases regarding their preciseness also..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I am able to create Mobile HotSpot successfully. Followed these steps mentioned on XDA:

Download Android SDK then make a folder on the root of your ‘c’ drive named android (mine is c:\androidSDK and is the path Ill use in this guide). Extract the contents of the zip file then navigate through the extracted file 1 level until you see the following files: add-ons, platforms, tools, SDK readme, and SDK setup. Copy all those files into the c:\androidsdk folder.

Connecting to and testing the ADB shell connection.

On your LGOG navigate to: settings>applications>developement and select usb debugging as this allows for the shell to interface with your phone. Plug in your epic with the usb cable provided with your phone and wait for drivers to load. Then on your computer hit start and type “cmd” (without quotes) in the search box (vista/7) or select run and type cmd (XP) then hit enter. You now have a virtual MS DOS window open type the following (each line is its own command and hit enter after typing each line):

cd\
cd androidSDK\sdk\platform-tools
adb devices

This should come up with your devices serial number and show that the connection is ready to be initiated.

Running the ADB shell

Make sure your phone is in USB debugging mode, connected to your pc and open a virtual dos window again: hit start and type “cmd” (without quotes) in the search box (vista/7) or select run and type cmd (XP) then hit enter. Type the following to enter the ADB shell (each line is its own command and hit enter after typing each line):

cd\
adb shell

You should now see a “$” (no quotes) and that signifies that you have the adb shell up and running.

Tethering :

With your rooted device, download SQLite Installer for Root from app store. Use the app to download the latest version of SQLite in the default place. The installer will be asking for root access, that’s fine.

1.This is important. Go into settings and try to turn on hotspot. It will check with AT&T and subsequently fail to enable.
2.With USB debugging on, plug the phone into your computer and go into the command line and start up adb shell. Once in the phone’s shell, type su and then open your phone to give it root access.
3.Type: cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
4.Type the following to open settings.db: sqlite3 settings.db
5.Type this query EXACTLY: update system set value=0 where name=‘tether_entitlement_check_state’;
6.Close sqlite by typing (there is a dot in front): .quit
7.Type ‘exit’ three times and close the shell
8.Restart the phone.
9.Try to turn on hotspot (or bluetooth tethering or USB tethering if you plug your phone in). You might get a warning about how tethering drains the battery, just ignore it and hit ok.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi guys, i will be getting this phone on Tuesday. Its my first android. I am having MBLAZE wireless broadband. Will i be able to use my net card in wi-fi router? If yes suggest any good devices. IS that device or net card should be connected to laptop to use the internet on mobile phone?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desidime1979 wrote:
this is how i wanted someone to explain me (beginer) about the rooting…..
but of course with some screen shots in between would be better and specific to E970.
also how does the phone looks after those various custom ROMs would also helpful…
I explored google,XDA forum and other forums regarding the same. But expecting techgurus on desidime can also explain their specific experiences…please…
please somebody update the quality of empirecase screenguard and cases regarding their preciseness also..

Actually, I have not received the phone yet!! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif So at this moment I can not post pictures.

As soon as I get my hands with the device I am thinking for to open a tech thread here. But do not know how that will help my fellow dimers as tons of info are there in xda.

yet, if you face any difficulties write to me, will try to help.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi,

I rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed slim rom.

The phone worked fine but now it doesn’t boot.

Its not getting into recovery also.

Its just showing lg logo and blank screen.

Please help.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
jituthejeet wrote:

I am able to create Mobile HotSpot successfully. Followed these steps mentioned on XDA:

Download Android SDK then make a folder on the root of your ‘c’ drive named android (mine is c:\androidSDK and is the path Ill use in this guide). Extract the contents of the zip file then navigate through the extracted file 1 level until you see the following files: add-ons, platforms, tools, SDK readme, and SDK setup. Copy all those files into the c:\androidsdk folder.

Connecting to and testing the ADB shell connection.

On your LGOG navigate to: settings>applications>developement and select usb debugging as this allows for the shell to interface with your phone. Plug in your epic with the usb cable provided with your phone and wait for drivers to load. Then on your computer hit start and type “cmd” (without quotes) in the search box (vista/7) or select run and type cmd (XP) then hit enter. You now have a virtual MS DOS window open type the following (each line is its own command and hit enter after typing each line):

cd\
adb devices

This should come up with your devices serial number and show that the connection is ready to be initiated.

Running the ADB shell

Make sure your phone is in USB debugging mode, connected to your pc and open a virtual dos window again: hit start and type “cmd” (without quotes) in the search box (vista/7) or select run and type cmd (XP) then hit enter. Type the following to enter the ADB shell (each line is its own command and hit enter after typing each line):

cd\
adb shell

You should now see a “$” (no quotes) and that signifies that you have the adb shell up and running.

Tethering :

With your rooted device, download SQLite Installer for Root from app store. Use the app to download the latest version of SQLite in the default place. The installer will be asking for root access, that’s fine.

1.This is important. Go into settings and try to turn on hotspot. It will check with AT&T and subsequently fail to enable.
2.With USB debugging on, plug the phone into your computer and go into the command line and start up adb shell. Once in the phone’s shell, type su and then open your phone to give it root access.
3.Type: cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
4.Type the following to open settings.db: sqlite3 settings.db
5.Type this query EXACTLY: update system set value=0 where name=‘tether_entitlement_check_state’;
6.Close sqlite by typing (there is a dot in front): .quit
7.Type ‘exit’ three times and close the shell
8.Restart the phone.
9.Try to turn on hotspot (or bluetooth tethering or USB tethering if you plug your phone in). You might get a warning about how tethering drains the battery, just ignore it and hit ok.

This procedure of to enable wifi tether can easily done with only phone also

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

How to do with phone? Please explain.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

You mean without rooting???
If so please explain.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes you can enable wifi tether whithin phone,but with root. Following is procedure:
1.download all below application & install it:
a.framaroot.apk (google as framaroot.apk xda,click 1st resulted link & download latest version-1.9.0)
b.busybox installer by chainsdd from playstore
c.sqlite installer for root from playstore
d.terminal emulater from playstore
2.now all process with above application:
Instruction:whenever there is popup of supersu grant permission
a.go into setting-developer option-enable usb debugging
b.now open framaroot.apk-select option installSu than there is 2 option-select gondolf- pop will apear stats sucsees…now reboot phone
c.now update the superSu from playstore-complete it
d.open busybox installer-than give manual option to install busy box from it-complete it
e.open sqlite installer-it will install latest sqlite through net-complete it
Now all thing is ready
3.So now try to on wifi tether for that- go into setting-tether & mobile networks-enable mobile tether-pop up will apper that terhering is failed so now go forward
4.Now open Terminal emulater:
Type: su than enter grant supersu permission $ sign will covert into #
Than type excatly same as following as same later with same space & signs(beter to write the following command on paper than type from seeing it)
Type: cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases than enter it
Type: sqlite3 settings.db than enter it
Type: update system set value=0 where name=‘tether_entitlement_check_state’; than enter it
Type: .quit than enter it
Now exit from terminal emulater (by pressing lower right button of 3 bottom buttons than select close the window option)
5.now reboot your phone
6.on wifi tether by go into setting-tether & mobile networks – mobile hotspot on it- set as you will (like security,open or pass word,etc.)
If any problem ask here

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
dittu wrote:

DeadMan wrote:

Hi I am planing to buy LG Optimus G E970 model from US and on US address. I never did a purchase like this before. please help me to understand what all points need to be considered.

And if you feel, do tell me which is the best deal for direct purchase.

My queries are
1. Can we use Indian payment directly on Paypal using Indian credit card?
2. Is there any coupon for ebay.com which can help me to give some discount?

Will appreciate your time and response.

1. Yes, you can make payment using Indian Credit card.
2. No coupons are available for ebay.com

pls let me know whether I need to pay any EXTRA TAX or AMOUNT for purchasing and shipping any of the states in US or the ebay quoted rates will be final.

Thanks in advance

Generous Generous
Link Copied

To change the DPI (screen resolution) just edit build.prop and find ro.sf.lcd_density and change it to required value. Do not use too low value.. try using 280 or 300. Works best.

Phone must be rooted to do this.
Changing DPI to too low may cause your phone to loop and Launcher may stop function.
May sure that you have backuped your ROM first https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Generous Generous
Link Copied
DeadMan wrote:

dittu wrote:

DeadMan wrote:

Hi I am planing to buy LG Optimus G E970 model from US and on US address. I never did a purchase like this before. please help me to understand what all points need to be considered.

And if you feel, do tell me which is the best deal for direct purchase.

My queries are
1. Can we use Indian payment directly on Paypal using Indian credit card?
2. Is there any coupon for ebay.com which can help me to give some discount?

Will appreciate your time and response.

1. Yes, you can make payment using Indian Credit card.
2. No coupons are available for ebay.com

pls let me know whether I need to pay any EXTRA TAX or AMOUNT for purchasing and shipping any of the states in US or the ebay quoted rates will be final.

Thanks in advance

Nope. You don’t need to pay anything extra. Everything will be taken care by ICCWorld.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
dsgurnani503 wrote:

Hi,

I rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed slim rom.

The phone worked fine but now it doesn’t boot.

Its not getting into recovery also.

Its just showing lg logo and blank screen.

Please help.

Hi,, Pl let us know if u could recover from the problem..?
If yes can you pl write down step by step what did u do..

I am also thinking to root the phone.. but worried if I got stuck somewhere..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Guys,

I was removing ATT Apps using SuperSU. I also removed them successfully but unfortunately after rebooting Secrity Error is coming n phone is not booting up. Any help ???

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
promoking wrote:

Guys,

I was removing ATT Apps using SuperSU. I also removed them successfully but unfortunately after rebooting Secrity Error is coming n phone is not booting up. Any help ???

Refer following thread to repair your soft bricked device-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?…

Generous Generous
Link Copied
promoking wrote:

Guys,

I also did what you have done and got same Security error https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
As mentioned by Reena7 check that thread or follow this – http://pastebin.com/ks...Gz
This will restore the ROM to original one https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
xuseronline wrote:

promoking wrote:

Guys,

I also did what you have done and got same Security error https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
As mentioned by Reena7 check that thread or follow this – http://pastebin.com/ks...Gz
This will restore the ROM to original one https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Bro, I tried it. The first option (E970 Original TeenyBin) didn’t worked then I tried Alternate one. It gets me to Recovery Mode. And “Team Win Recovery Project” got installed automatically. I tried searching for options n tried rebooting but didn’t helped. It is saying NO OS is Installed. I guess I swiped it. Now tell me how to install a fresh Operating System in the phone?? Wasted 6 hrs today, n in the end all is messed up. I really don’t know what to do in recovery Mode and in that Team Win Recovery Project Software. I got to know it can be used to install a Custom ROM. But How? I don’t know? Please help me ……………

The phone is also not Coming to Download Mode. So can’t connect to LGNPST too. Tell me what can be done now??

Thanks

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

How to make 3G Video call? Is this feature not available on this phone?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
gskvarma wrote:

promoking wrote:

Hii,

Posted whole Story here …

If anyone can help, Please Help!!!

Someone already responded on it. Check out

Thank you. In office. But when I connect Phone to PC it didn’t even start to TWRP mode. I don’t know ?
Posted there .. can you help?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Guys,

Can we connect a flash drive(via OTG) to this phone? I rooted my phone and tried to connect a FAT32 4GB drive using StickMount app. But it doesn’t detect or mount the drive? Any idea?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
promoking wrote:

gskvarma wrote:

promoking wrote:

Hii,

Thank you. In office. But when I connect Phone to PC it didn’t even start to TWRP mode. I don’t know ?

THE MOST IMP POINT HERE TO GET LG E 970 IN download mode. is hold both volume up and down keys together and connect to pc via usb .download mode will appear no need to touch power button

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
androidpatna wrote:

ebigboss wrote:

official firmware in case you messed up with roms

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lgoptimusg/…

as this phone is unlocked means it was unlocked with a code
if we put again stock firmware will it be locked again ??

no the phone is permanantly unlocked

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
dr.nakum wrote:

Yes you can enable wifi tether whithin phone,but with root. Following is procedure:
a.framaroot.apk (google as framaroot.apk xda,click 1st resulted link & download latest version-1.9.0)
b.now open framaroot.apk-select option installSu than there is 2 option-select gondolf- pop will apear stats sucsees…now reboot phone
d.open busybox installer-than give manual option to install busy box from it-complete it
Now all thing is ready
3.So now try to on wifi tether for that- go into setting-tether & mobile networks-enable mobile tether-pop up will apper that terhering is failed so now go forward
Than type excatly same as following as same later with same space & signs(beter to write the following command on paper than type from seeing it)
Type: update system set value=0 where name=‘tether_entitlement_check_state’; than enter it
Now exit from terminal emulater (by pressing lower right button of 3 bottom buttons than select close the window option)
5.now reboot your phone
6.on wifi tether by go into setting-tether & mobile networks – mobile hotspot on it- set as you will (like security,open or pass word,etc.)
If any problem ask here

unable to open database settings.db to open database file

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Got my phone today.

Rooted, Unlocked the bootloader. Loaded TWRP , took a nandroid backup.

Not moving onto custom roms for couple of days due to stability factor https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Link Copied
dittu wrote:

Got my phone today.

Rooted, Unlocked the bootloader. Loaded TWRP , took a nandroid backup.

Not moving onto custom roms for couple of days due to stability factor https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Please tell which rooting method you had used & provide link to unlock Bootloader & Twrp.

as many persons are bricking there mobiles so please provide me which method/process worked for you.

my mobile will be delivered on 13 feb. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ebigboss wrote:

promoking wrote:

gskvarma wrote:

promoking wrote:

Hii,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?...

THE MOST IMP POINT HERE TO GET LG E 970 IN download mode. is hold both volume up and down keys together and connect to pc via usb .download mode will appear no need to touch power button

Bro, I’m unable to enter in Download Mode. I tried 20 times, but no success. I guess because I wiped all source files ie. Operating System of phone. The only option left is install Operating System with TWRP, which I have no clue. Seaching on xDA https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Link Copied
dr.nakum wrote:

Now all thing is ready
5.now reboot your phone
If any problem ask here

Awesome man!!!

Many thanks.

Karma given.

replyuser
Click here to reply