Hot Deal

(Discussion) Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes will no longer be legal tender, says PM Modi

9644°
Deal Lieutenant
jeevanreddy58

8:32 pm: A new series of Rs. 500 currency notes and Rs. 2000 currency notes will be brought into circulation.

8:31 pm: Banks will be closed on November 9.

8:30 pm: There is no restrictions on internet banking, cash, demand draft transactions.

8:27 pm: Rs 10,000 daily cash withdrawal and Rs 20,000 weekly cash withdrawal limit

8:25 pm: There are, however, some exemptions. Government hospitals and international airports.

8:22 pm: The ATMs will not function till November 9, and in some places till November 10.

8:21 pm: People who possess Rs.500 or Rs. 1000 currency notes after December 30 can exchange it at Reserve Bank of India by providing a declaration. This is till March 31, 2017.

8:20 pm: These notes should be exchanged in banks and head post offices and sub post office within December 30, 2016, by providing a valid identity proof such as Aadhaar, PAN card or voter ID card.

8:15 pm: From midnight of November 8, 2016, Rs. 500 and Rs.1000 will cease to be legal tender. “These notes are just papers from tomorrow,” says the prime minister.

8:11 pm: Prime Minister says Rs. 500 and Rs.1000 are notes are mostly used in black money.

8:10 pm: Corruption, black money and terrorism can come in the way of a country’s robust economic growth, says the Prime Minister.

8:07 pm: He moves on from corruption to terrorism. He tells “terrorsists from across the border” are spreading counterfeit currency notes.

8:06 pm: We hear stories of how autorickshaw driver returns gold left by a passenger in his vehicle. These stories tell how common people are honest. It is only a few people engage in corruption for selfish reasons, he says.

8:05 pm: Corruption and black money are the biggest hindrances in the fight against poverty, he says adding that it is everyone’s responsibility to eradicate poverty.

8:04 pm: Mr. Modi lists out the various schemes launched by NDA government in his address to the nation. He mentions the Jan Dhan Yojana.

8:03 pm: This govt is dedicated to the poor, and will continue to do so, says the Prime Minister who completes two-and-a-half years of rule today.

8:02 pm: India has registered itself as a bright spot, and its not that this is a claim made by us, but by IMF and World Bank

8:01 pm: When we were elected in 2014, there was a discussion that among BRICS nations, the ‘I’ was wobbling, says the PM.

8:00 pm: The Prime Minister’s address to the nation has begun.

Official Press Release: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=....

Expired

Deal Wiki

830 Comments  |  
207 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied
@sherlock wrote:

Feeling sorry for not contributing in this thread. As I m not a political guy and havent bothered that much about currency demonetization, totally noob, Forgive me !

I would like to ask something, I got a call from one of my friend, one of his friend is Branch manager in a Nationalized Bank. He asked him if any of his account is not Linked to PAN card, he was supposed to deposit a sum of amount around 2 Lakhs and he was saying to keep 50% and return rest whenever things will be normal.

My friend asked me For the same (If I have any account without PAN Linking) and explained me everything.(Obviously….I denied.)
he even said that accd to his Banker friend, only deposits more than 2.5L will be monitored.

I cant understand even Branch managers are involved in these things. How these plans from Govt going to be successful ?

Didn’t I say black money would be laundered with the help of those very people who are supposed to help eradicate it?
#TheIndianMindset

CC @DealSeeker @raven_kira @gsh57 @G@urav

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

The Central government has asked banks to raise daily exchange limit of old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes to Rs 4,500 from the existing Rs 4,000.

ATM cash withdrawal limit has also been increased to Rs 2,500 from Rs 2,000 per day; while weekly withdrawal limit has been raised from Rs 20,000 to Rs 24,000, the Finance Ministry said on Sunday evening.

The cap of Rs 10,000 on daily withdrawal has also been removed.

The Centre has also extended the last date for submission of the annual life certificate for the pensioners from November to January 15.

http://www.rediff.com/business/report/note-scra...

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
Justice MB Shah says cash worth Rs 15 lakh found at home will be seized

New Delhi, November 13: The chairman of SIT formed by Modi government, Justice MB Shah clearly hinted today that in the coming time, if cash worth Rs 15lakh is found at one’s home or office, it will be immediately seized.

The former Supreme Court judge, MB Shah said that he has told the government that if any purchasings or deal worth more than Rs 3 lakh are made in cash without the receipt, it will be seen as illegal.

Whether someone purchases an old car or jewellery, if cash worth over Rs 3 lakh is paid for it without any bill, it will be termed illegal. Also, both people, who accepted the money and who paid for it will have to undergo inquiry.

Following this sensational revelation by Justice MB Shah, the wealthy businessmen holding black money are left shell-shocked. This was not Justice Shah’s personal decision because the SIT that he heads is formed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself.

Read More/Source: http://www.indiasamvad.co.in/special-stories/mb...

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@parthponkiya8 wrote:

New Delhi, November 13: The chairman of SIT formed by Modi government, Justice MB Shah clearly hinted today that in the coming time, if cash worth Rs 15lakh is found at one’s home or office, it will be immediately seized.

The former Supreme Court judge, MB Shah said that he has told the government that if any purchasings or deal worth more than Rs 3 lakh are made in cash without the receipt, it will be seen as illegal.

Whether someone purchases an old car or jewellery, if cash worth over Rs 3 lakh is paid for it without any bill, it will be termed illegal. Also, both people, who accepted the money and who paid for it will have to undergo inquiry.

Following this sensational revelation by Justice MB Shah, the wealthy businessmen holding black money are left shell-shocked. This was not Justice Shah’s personal decision because the SIT that he heads is formed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself.

That’s how things work in western economy too. You can’t just walk into a showroom and buy a Ferrari with cash.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@Stupendous Man wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

That’s how things work in western economy too. You can’t just walk into a showroom and buy a Ferrari with cash.

Maybe he put on counter where some banks operate dont knw https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Magus wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

Feeling sorry for not contributing in this thread. As I m not a political guy and havent bothered that much about currency demonetization, totally noob, Forgive me !

I would like to ask something, I got a call from one of my friend, one of his friend is Branch manager in a Nationalized Bank. He asked him if any of his account is not Linked to PAN card, he was supposed to deposit a sum of amount around 2 Lakhs and he was saying to keep 50% and return rest whenever things will be normal.

My friend asked me For the same (If I have any account without PAN Linking) and explained me everything.(Obviously….I denied.)
he even said that accd to his Banker friend, only deposits more than 2.5L will be monitored.

I cant understand even Branch managers are involved in these things. How these plans from Govt going to be successful ?

Didn’t I say black money would be laundered with the help of those very people who are supposed to help eradicate it?
#TheIndianMindset

You too are part of #TheIndianMindset. All people on across India (and on DD, including you) collectively form #TheIndianMindset. Some liberal, some not so liberal, some religion A, some religion B, some old, some young, some progressive, some obstructive, etc.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Stupendous Man wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

h4. Justice MB Shah says cash worth Rs 15 lakh found at home will be seized

New Delhi, November 13: The chairman of SIT formed by Modi government, Justice MB Shah clearly hinted today that in the coming time, if cash worth Rs 15 is found at one’s home or office, it will be immediately seized.

So it is good, but you won’t say it cause it will crush your stand.

Link Copied

Exchange limit 4500
Week limit withdraw through your account 24000
Atm withdraw 2500
Mje kro ab
Govt. Policy: Peshan rho, warna karte rhenge

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@praveen.hsw wrote:

@Stupendous Man wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

New Delhi, November 13: The chairman of SIT formed by Modi government, Justice MB Shah clearly hinted today that in the coming time, if cash worth Rs 15 is found at one’s home or office, it will be immediately seized.

What stand?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
@parthponkiya8 wrote:

Ahha!!!! So SITs toe the government line.
Does the same apply in case of Bhopal encounter+ jailbreak as well.

#curious

Link Copied
@Magus wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

#TheIndianMindset

Is there a solution to it?
Who needs to change? People or Govt.?
Time to write a new constitution?

Link Copied

Check this out. Whichever way you look at it, anybody with even basic common sense and sense of economics will know that we are being taken for a royal ride. And that statement is NOT based just on this article. This government is all about marketing, theatrics and social engineering. It appears that they are doing something major and dramatic, when you are actually being conned all the way. Those that can’t see through it are already conditioned successfully. You can sell any substandard product in this country as long as you put a wrapper of patriotism on it.

http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/the-master...

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
@G@urav wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

#curious

sorry bro terrorists , aha sorry again , accused of bhopal jails , were flew away at that time there was no so halla gulla but as soon as they encountered , oh my god , so much vilap . bcoz -
they were accused , even no matters how many times they did it in past for big plans .
they were accused , no matters they killed a constable on duty
they were accused , no matter they were related to SIMI (banned by Court for terrorist activities)
they were accused , no matter last time when they caught they clearly chants and threatens to kill PM .
they were accused , just because they were a best topic to do politics .

now tell me next time , as per your advice , when our soldiers saw any terrorist entering border , he should catch him alive in the name of humanity and have to prove that he was not an indian and was from pakistan and have relation with terrorist groups .
any policeman next time should get catch all (not only kasab) the accused of attacks like 26/11 alive .
bcoz our level of politics is so good that suicide is a martyrdom and a soldiers strike is baseless (they need proof) . this type of politics only results in creating a leader like TRUMP .
to counter Russia or Assad (president of seria) you indirectly help ISIS then result is victory of TRUMP .
It is reality . let we cant have trust on politicians but we should not questions everytime our soldiers and police on duty and that too when that causes martyrdom to a constable .

today on twitter a popular leader tagged a rumor about loot in one of delhi mall bcoz of note ban, and reacted like it was really true . later delhi police cleared the fact that it is fake news .
2 days back too many party followers and senior jounros behaved same with salt rumor and acted like it is truth later that too found fake .
if this step was really not good then why such acts are usual that too by popular faces .
and 2 biggest rivals in east india calls over phone to join hands to protest this step .
and why kashmir is so silent even no one coming in rush to exchange notes .

first i have a 10% doubt about this step , now that too gone bcoz when leaders are so in panic more than common man then really india is changing . take it with pinch of salt (rumor wala salt nhi , 12rs/kg wala) .

you will feel pain in this but never forgot the pain of many people who do sacrifice for us whether they are soldiers , farmers , any other security forces person . line at banks may give little change but lines at Iphone launch , harry potter book launch , JIO launch , fast food chain launch will only waste our money and no such betterment for our life by them .
and in last 70 years we are suffering from this thing no one could solve it , so why dont let this man to do try his best , if works then best , if works only little then too ok , if fails then it will hurt him too (ego/election) , but we should not give anyonce chance that indians did not support this , however 99% commoners are complaining of facilities and other issue but even after those issues still strongly in support of this move .
so dont make excuses , only we can bring changes to india , no one else .

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@borg drone wrote:

Check this out. Whichever way you look at it, anybody with even basic common sense and sense of economics will know that we are being taken for a royal ride. And that statement is NOT based just on this article. This government is all about marketing, theatrics and social engineering. It appears that they are doing something major and dramatic, when you are actually being conned all the way. Those that can’t see through it are already conditioned successfully. You can sell any substandard product in this country as long as you put a wrapper of patriotism on it.

Exactly! What they have given us is a new definition of patriotism – Bharatiya Janata Patriotism!
If you don’t support BJP, you are not a patriot! Wow!

@DealSeeker Do you now see why my posts sound like anti bhakt? Because I’m a true lover of humanity. I hate all that which is against humanity. BJP is anti humanity.

Uh oh! Sorry dumbos, you won’t understand it. Because you are all “patriots”.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@getready wrote:

@bk08

Very easy if you plan it well
Ref : https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/t...

My token number was around 20 started to wait outside the branch entrance from 8:45am, and by the time i was leaving the bank @ 10:15am, the current token number thats being issued was 300+

PS: The bank is situated in a very busy area, 1km from tech parks in bangalore

That’s because you are a young man living alone. Don’t think it’s as easy for everyone else.

the 20+ people before me are like 40+ only https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
And 2 women among them too 55+ (The first one in the queue who was waiting since 8:30am was also a woman (55+)
Its not that tough either. I have seen people standing in the queue with their kids too
A wait time of 1.5hr is not a big deal at all.

That’s because you have nothing better to do in your life!

May be i have got nothing better to do in my life
What about you? Do u think u have got anything better to do? Apart from quoting a specific post in a conversation https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
When someone says “Yes” to something, there will be lots of If clauses that are going to apply to his statement or whatever you call it. And if you are just going to consider that not the rest he said later regarding the same, you are nothing but an imbecile

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@getready wrote:

@bk08

My token number was around 20 started to wait outside the branch entrance from 8:45am, and by the time i was leaving the bank @ 10:15am, the current token number thats being issued was 300+

That’s because you are a young man living alone. Don’t think it’s as easy for everyone else.

the 20+ people before me are like 40+ only https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
And 2 women among them too 55+ (The first one in the queue who was waiting since 8:30am was also a woman (55+)
Its not that tough either. I have seen people standing in the queue with their kids too

What about you? Do u think u have got anything better to do? Apart from quoting a specific post in a conversation https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
When someone says “Yes” to something, there will be lots of If clauses that are going to apply to his statement or whatever you call it. And if you are just going to consider that not the rest he said later regarding the same, you are nothing but an imbecile

Your use of abuse just shows your frustration and that you have nothing better to say. People resort to abuse and violence when they have no better way of getting past. I do have better things to do in my life and it IS a big deal for me to wait for 1.5 hours to get my money!

No one is abusing anyone here
If i had to or have to, i have lots of other ways
I am not your school teacher to spoon feed you. If you still insist, i am always ready to prove your comments useless/baseless https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@getready wrote:

@bk08

Your use of abuse just shows your frustration and that you have nothing better to say. People resort to abuse and violence when they have no better way of getting past. I do have better things to do in my life and it IS a big deal for me to wait for 1.5 hours to get my money!

No one is abusing anyone here
If i had to or have to, i have lots of other ways
I am not your school teacher to spoon feed you. If you still insist, i am always ready to prove your comments useless/baseless https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Please do.

Just wait (how long it takes) until i do
May be you do have lots of free time to wait for someone to say or do something but i do have lots of things to do https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

PS : imbecile according to dictionary
ˈɪmbɪsiːl

nouninformal

a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, idiot, cretin, moron, dolt, halfwit, ass, dunce, dullard, simpleton, nincompoop, blockhead, ignoramus, clod;

adjective

stupid; idiotic.
“try not to make imbecile remarks”
synonyms: stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, doltish, half-witted, witless, dull, brainless, mindless, unintelligent, unwise;

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@borg drone wrote:

Dude everyone has to pay back one amount or the other to the banks, it is called a LOAN, millions of Indians owe 10lac to 1 crore EACH to the banks. You can do the math.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@G@urav wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

#curious

What a generic statement, thats like saying all anti-BJP people are anti India.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@enapster wrote:

@getready wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@getready wrote:

@bk08

You can’t even respect your fellow educated Indian, how can you even respect the country.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Magus wrote:

@borg drone wrote:

Exactly! What they have given us is a new definition of patriotism – Bharatiya Janata Patriotism!
If you don’t support BJP, you are not a patriot! Wow!

@DealSeeker Do you now see why my posts sound like anti bhakt? Because I’m a true lover of humanity. I hate all that which is against humanity. BJP is anti humanity.

Uh oh! Sorry dumbos, you won’t understand it. Because you are all “patriots”.

What a language of hatred and anger. Clear signs of an anti-social. Let’s say no one is a better person than you. But then, none of your comments or language display your self-certified “true love of humanity”

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Stupendous Man wrote:

@praveen.hsw wrote:

@Stupendous Man wrote:

@parthponkiya8 wrote:

What stand?
Exactly this stand, where you know a particular development in India is same as in a developed market, but the yes/good will get stuck in your throat and not come out. But for any wrong, all the venom will come out pouring.

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Related Update

Received the following SMS from Citibank a few minutes ago:

Dear Customer, please note that cash deposits to the Citi credit card or loan, over Rs.50000, will only be accepted up to the credit limit or outstanding amount, of the card or the loan. All these deposits are subject to the usual reporting, as well. Fees and Charges on credit card payments apply.

So they have finally caught up to this loophole as well. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Related post: https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/t... CC @bookface

Link Copied
@praveen.hsw wrote:

@borg drone wrote:

Dude everyone has to pay back one amount or the other to the banks, it is called a LOAN, millions of Indians owe 10lac to 1 crore EACH to the banks. You can do the math.

So? I’m sorry but I fail to get your point.

Other things aside, I question this cashless / digital economy that is being forced on us at the barrel of a gun. I mean everytime you swipe your card, the bank gets a cut from your purchase. It seems many don’t know that businesses with higher margins bear the commission. Others pass it on to the consumer upfront. Now if everyone swipes cards, even businesses that bear the commission themselves may pass on the burden to the consumer who is already burdened with 50 other taxes. So in effect the government is forcing a middleman in your transactions and seems to be working for the bankers interests and not the general public (vested interest again in the garb of patriotism?)

replyuser
Click here to reply