Hot Deal

2450°
Pro Tech Guru
Original

This plan is for new users only offering 2Mbps till 1GB then 1Mbps unlimited https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Bandwidth (Download Speed): Upto 2Mbps till 1GB, upto 1 Mbps beyond
Applicability: All new customers in all the circles
Monthly Rental Charges: Rs. 249/-(For First six months), after six months, plan shall converted to ‘BBG Combo ULD 499’ plan
Unlimited free calls between 9PM to 7PM & on all Sundays, to any network in India.

Link: http://www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/b...

Expired

Deal Wiki

176 Comments  |  
73 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Any one took a new connection in Hyderabad for 249?
Need one in less than a week! Any help?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I called their helpline number today, BB249 is available at 500 inr security deposit and no installation charge, modem costs 1500 if u don’t have one and landline instrument costs 600 inr, dunno about their services but sounds good for entry level, they advised me to visit the local bsnl branch and fill a form vd electricity bill and voter I’d and they’ll install in 7 working days

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@dealguruu wrote:

visit the local bsnl branch and fill a form vd electricity bill and voter I’d and they’ll install in 7 working days

The underlined part is not going to be very pleasant, trust me. been there, done that. No matter how technically savy BSNL tries to become, at the end of the day you got to pay a visit to the monsters who reside in the crumbling jungle called BSNL telephone exchange. Don’t even get me talking on how they treat you.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
@cybertechie wrote:

@dealguruu wrote:

visit the local bsnl branch and fill a form vd electricity bill and voter I’d and they’ll install in 7 working days

The underlined part is not going to be very pleasant, trust me. been there, done that. No matter how technically savy BSNL tries to become, at the end of the day you got to pay a visit to the monsters who reside in the crumbling jungle called BSNL telephone exchange. Don’t even get me talking on how they treat you.

already visited thrice. idiots dont even know about plan. asking to get landline and once it is installed you can apply. i told them that scheme is for new customers, without installation charges and if i get landline i have to pay installation which he told is about 1200, 500 of which is refundable. i’m forced to get modem=router too whereas i’ve both and telephone set too. very unprofessional behaviour. worst is they don’t even know what is wirrten on bsnl’s site. old man just shrugged off saying hum site nahi dekhte humare pass upar se kagaj ata hai aur abhi tak koi document nahi aya 249 ka.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

@marketdimer

Sad to hear that but that is how a typical BSNL employee works. Your best bet would be to send an email to BSNL circle head and see if something comes out of it.

I went to BSNL telephone exchange in Chennai last year to request for a broadband connection. They declined to provide connection citing there is no ports available( They have been saying that for 3+ years) . In-spite of telling him that more than 10 households from the society willing to sign up for a connection, they still refused. They even have an ego problem. Most of them act as if they are doing a favor on you by talking to you. It was such a horrible experience.

Long story short, most household have moved to Reliance Jio now. Everyone is happy with the speed and stability.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

What about bsnl sim any offer ????

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@dealguruu wrote:

I called their helpline number today, BB249 is available at 500 inr security deposit and no installation charge, modem costs 1500 if u don’t have one and landline instrument costs 600 inr, dunno about their services but sounds good for entry level, they advised me to visit the local bsnl branch and fill a form vd electricity bill and voter I’d and they’ll install in 7 working days

so ,how much we need to pay after conncetio? 249 only or 249+ landline charge?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@nilvp1 wrote:

@dealguruu wrote:

so ,how much we need to pay after conncetio? 249 only or 249+ landline charge?

249+Service taxes and call charges if any

Link Copied
@marketdimer wrote:

@cybertechie wrote:

@dealguruu wrote:

already visited thrice. idiots dont even know about plan. asking to get landline and once it is installed you can apply. i told them that scheme is for new customers, without installation charges and if i get landline i have to pay installation which he told is about 1200, 500 of which is refundable. i’m forced to get modem=router too whereas i’ve both and telephone set too. very unprofessional behaviour. worst is they don’t even know what is wirrten on bsnl’s site. old man just shrugged off saying hum site nahi dekhte humare pass upar se kagaj ata hai aur abhi tak koi document nahi aya 249 ka.

from their perspective they r right, because govt policy only exist if its on hard paper otherwise hawa
waise bhi you have to meet sto officers if he available, they have zone of particulr part of a city, so meet them on priority

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

no idea guys over here are cursing bsnl
My dad has bsnl connection since 25+ years ; never ever faced any problems

even though bsnl connections gets dead for a day or two in a month but the employees are amazing [from the linesmen to regional head]

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

no idea guys over here are cursing bsnl
My dad has bsnl connection since 25+ years ; never ever faced any problems

even though bsnl connections gets dead for a day or two in a month but the employees are amazing [from the linesmen to regional head]

BSNL broadband services depend from area to area, here in Rajasthan BSNL is good https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Finally paid 500 for landline. Will take 12-15 days for connection and then only can apply for broadband by paying 249 again.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@marketdimer wrote:

@cybertechie wrote:

@dealguruu wrote:

BSNL! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

anyone on dd who took 249 plan?

Link Copied

please share if anybody has taken this plan.

I already have landline .. can I activate broadband on same connection with this plan ?
What is the easiest way to get this plan ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@gotrajk wrote:

I already have landline .. can I activate broadband on same connection with this plan ?

Do explore other sites..like youtube by typing “bsnl scheme” or other keyword…may b u get your answer….so many videos are being uploaded there now a days.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I applied for bsnl broadband last year, first they said it will take 3 months to get the line. After 3 months they said that it’s technically not feasible https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
I’ve tried Twitter and Facebook to contact Ravi Shankar Prasad but nothing happened. Can anyone suggest anything?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
@gotrajk wrote:

yes you can. In case you never had broadband.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@nitin_g3 wrote:

I applied for bsnl broadband last year, first they said it will take 3 months to get the line. After 3 months they said that it’s technically not feasible https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
I’ve tried Twitter and Facebook to contact Ravi Shankar Prasad but nothing happened. Can anyone suggest anything?

You are out of luck. Nothing can be done if they don’t want to lay the cables only for your sake. BSNL does provide last mile connectivity only in places where there are no other options. But if your place has other private players even PM of India won’t help you.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@nitin_g3 wrote:

You are out of luck. Nothing can be done if they don’t want to lay the cables only for your sake. BSNL does provide last mile connectivity only in places where there are no other options. But if your place has other private players even PM of India won’t help you.

But no other private players provide wired broadband in my area https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Link Copied

I know at least three instance in major cities where even airtel refused to provide wired broadband, in one of these instance they even took deposit but refunded it after one month of fight stating technical issues for not providing connection. The higher echelon of any government organisation will be will to give you facility but the staff lower down specially class 3 &4 employees don’t want to work.
Railway minister may try his best but even today we can get a seat in train after boarding if we can shell out 500-1000

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

is it (249+tax)/month till 1st 6months?
or
249+tax for whole 1st 6 months?

Link Copied
@dealsearch wrote:

is it (249+tax)/month till 1st 6months?
or
249+tax for whole 1st 6 months?

(249+tax)/month till 1st 6months

Link Copied

Anyone who subscribed for the plan? Please tell about the first month billed amount and any charges (if additionally charged)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

What

Link Copied

Promotional offer would expire on 31st March https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Link Copied

Date extended with some changes in plan https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

BSNL Unlimited BB249 Plan – 10GB Data Per Day at 2 Mbps
Last date to apply for new connection 30th June 2017

Rest all same…..

http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tec...

replyuser
Click here to reply