LIC IPO Dates Announced with Share Price, GMP, Lot Size, and more (May 2022)

Checkout all the latest updates of the Biggest IPO of all time in LIC IPO as its Dates, Share Price, GMP, Lot Size, Financials, and more details are now out.

by FighterMan Updated: 03 May, 2022, 11:59 IST
32 6134

The highly anticipated upcoming IPO of 2022 is finally here. We are talking about the LIC IPO by Life Insurance Corporation of India. It will be the biggest IPO of all time surpassing Paytm’s ₹18,300 crore IPO.

The government will sell its 3.5% stake in LIC via this IPO. Earlier it was 5% but due to the Russia-Ukraine war and other geological tensions it has come down by 9.4 crore shares. Also due to this, the LIC IPO which was supposed to open in March 2022 got delayed.

LIC Company officials will meet on 26th April 2022 i.e. today to discuss the IPO details like share price, lot size, discounts, etc. You can check How to Link Your LIC Policy with PAN to apply for LIC IPO Quota?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/762363/medium/84016381650954982_4.?1650954984

LIC IPO Details 

Issue size

₹21,000 crores

Offer for sale (No of shares)

22.14 crores

Employee/Shareholder discount per share

₹60 (LIC policyholders) | ₹45 (retail and employees)

Face value

₹10

LIC IPO Dates

The LIC IPO issue will open on 4th and close on 9th, but make a note that you cannot apply on 7th and 8th May as the stock market is closed on weekends.

Issue opens

4th May 2022

Issue closes

9th May 2022

Issue opens for anchor investors

2nd May 2022

Allotment Notification 12th May 2022
Refunds 13th May 2022
Shares Allotment 16th May 2022
Listing on NSE & BSE 17th May 2022
LIC IPO Share Price

The LIC IPO Share Price band is ₹902-₹949 per equity share.

LIC IPO Lot Size

The LIC IPO Lot Size is 15 shares. Thus, you can apply for a min of 1 lot of 15 shares worth ₹14,235 and max 14 lots of 210 shares worth ₹1,99,290.

LIC IPO Financials as per its DRHP

You can see the LIC IPO Financials as per its DRHP for the last 3 financial years. Its assets value has shown growth, but revenue & profits have gone down in the last year by almost 50% which is a concern. However, the best part about LIC is that its revenue is almost similar to what it earns which shows that it is supremely established in the country.

Company Financials

FY 18-19

FY 19-20

FY 20-21

Till Sept 2021

Assets value

₹336k crores

₹341k crores

₹374k crores

₹404k crores

Revenue

₹2644 crores

₹2730 crores

₹2985 crores

₹1519 crores

Profits after tax

₹2627 crores

₹2710 crores

₹2974 crores

₹1504 crores

LIC IPO GMP (grey market premium) Today

Currently, the LIC IPO GMP is very low, but will pickup as the issue nears its opening. The kostak rate is currently ₹1500 i.e. you get allotment or not, you will earn ₹1500 per lot.

Date & Time GMP
26/04/22, 11:48 ₹50
27/04/22, 11:38 ₹25
02/05/22, 10:39 ₹86
03/05/22, 10:58 ₹75

Will the LIC IPO bring listing profits? Will it be beneficial for long-term investors? Please do share your views below with our budding IPO community. Before going, here's How to pay Life Insurance Premium at a Discount?

32 Comments  |  
24 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie

It will be flop show, wait and watch

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet

All new people into investing will be applying just as they did for paytm.
Personally I wouldn’t apply.

If anyone is applying the probability of getting share are high as it’s huge 

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Expand
malikcool wrote:

Not sure for now. Most probably will skip it.

What if the subscription figures are fantastic? sweat_smile

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

What if the subscription figures are fantastic? sweat_smile

Will have to wait & watch then.

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller

Will apply for 1 lot only….Will decide on last day

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie

I am new to this, can someone please provide steps on how one can buy shares. What are the things I need to setup before.

Sunrisers Hyderabad Sunrisers Hyderabad
tahersub10t771 wrote:

I am new to this, can someone please provide steps on how one can buy shares. What are the things I need to setup before.

Apply for Demat account and ask them at the time of opening on how to apply for ipo. They will explain.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
tahersub10t771 wrote:

I am new to this, can someone please provide steps on how one can buy shares. What are the things I need to setup before.

u can use any site like zerodha ,upstox,groww im currently using kite it will ask u for 200rs for opening an account and from there they will ask pan,aadhar,photo thats it wait for confirmation from them and trade

Deal Captain Deal Captain

@FighterMan @MJ911 Dark Theme in the App messed the table’s content in the article. Please, get it fixed by the Technical Team. Problem is same with other articles with tables too.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/762810/medium/Screenshot_20220427-182525_Desidime.jpg?1651069894

The color of the text in the table should be in white color. But black color text in dark theme makes it hard to read.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar

Will apply on last day

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet

I will be applying for lic IPO from all 4 account.i am tired of hearing negative news about IPO all the time people said same negative things about ruchi soya now see where it’s at also some people comparing Paytm a loss making company to a government owned profit making and largest insurance provider in India flushed

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Admin
UniqueDimer wrote:

@FighterMan @MJ911 Dark Theme in the App messed the table’s content in the article. Please, get it fixed by the Technical Team. Problem is same with other articles with tables too.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/762810/medium/Screenshot_20220427-182525_Desidime.jpg?1651069894

The color of the text in the table should be in white color. But black color text in dark theme makes it hard to read.

thanks for the feedback buddy!

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie

I will be applying for it for sure…….Just go through the profits they share to the government on a yearly basis to verify the history…… Again it’s upto the individual….. I am sure these will be gone just like hot cakes on the first day itself……

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
jeff_bezos_amazon_owner wrote:

I will be applying for lic IPO from all 4 account.i am tired of hearing negative news about IPO all the time people said same negative things about ruchi soya now see where it’s at also some people comparing Paytm a loss making company to a government owned profit making and largest insurance provider in India flushed

Which 4 accounts, can you share with us? 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie

Profit margins are high so i will apply

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals

😀flop IPO hai .. PE 200 ka hai High PE hai Best Price 500 Hoga agar Buy karna hai to 
GMP Mat Dekho OPretor GMP ko 30% up leke ja sakte hai 😌

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
busa842100 wrote:

I will be applying for it for sure…….Just go through the profits they share to the government on a yearly basis to verify the history…… Again it’s upto the individual….. I am sure these will be gone just like hot cakes on the first day itself……

I Dnt agree! Not going to show any steam on listing day

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Expand
abhineooo wrote:

I Dnt agree! Not going to show any steam on listing day

I have not requested anyone to agree or disagree…. as I have clearly mentioned in my earlier comment…. it’s upto the individuals and their knowledge 

Entertainer Entertainer
Admin

Did anyone got allotment?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply