Why am I not receiving OTP? Here's Your Answer

by FighterMan Updated: 15 Apr, 2021, 20:41 IST
18 4175
OTPs on Halt as TRAI's New Regulation Underway

You might be thinking about why you are not receiving OTPs for online registration, validation, and many other purposes. Well, just like you many are facing this same issue. Let's checkout its answer and what is the current scenario.

The 2nd phase of SMS Regulation is now into implementation by TRAI(telecom regulatory authority of India). This has caused nearly 50% of SMSes to be barred from reaching the user. Therefore, many telemarketers and leading companies are fizzed due to this issue.

HDFC and SBI banks have already complained about their OTPs not getting received by its customers and therefore are facing issues in online transactions. Meanwhile, operators such as Jio, Airtel, Vi, and others have already cleared that its all based on TRAI regulations so they have nothing to do with this.

According to this new regulation, every message will go through a system check where it's content should match the given syntax and rules to successfully qualify to be sent. If these norms are not met, the message will be discarded and never reach the receiver.

TRAI has said that they have already given enough time to companies to set their messages in proper format, failing to which they are facing these consequences. Meanwhile, Aadhar Card's website says that they can't send OTPs due to failure of verification systems. Thus, not only private sector but even government hubs are affected.

Many online shoppers are also facing these issue as highlighted by our Dimer raja in his OTP not received from any site thread.

18 Comments  |
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
418
13810

My dad’s phone was not receiving any otps from SBI, etc and even mine tho all other functions were working ok. I restarted the phone and the otps/spams started coming again grinning
Hope this helps

8469
120

Didn’t receive OTP for Payzapp txn yesterday wink

1497
BAT_MAN wrote:

Sbi online not opening since last 2 days pensive

For me it’s opening. Use Yono app till your problem is solved.

109
8450
rini50 wrote:

Hope this helps

Yep it’s same like corona tune no option but u hv a way…. Vi was abiding it bt jio is not 2 week ago incident…

305
279

I deal in sms service. And this problem has been resolved now. From tomorrow onwards all will receive sms. blush

540
paras.jain wrote:

Are you the chief SMS officer to announce this? joy

305
279
good_virus wrote:

Are you the chief SMS officer to announce this? joy

Haha.. no bro but I wish..
coz I deal in this service so announcing.. u can check it now.. blush

230
653
paras.jain wrote:

I think it’s just relaxed for a week, not resolved yet

288
213

Not getting too from ICCI bank missed the discount on fk

9651
140

But in airtel when my recharge validity is finished i am not receiving any otps
Anyway to solve it?

2587
Admin
BornGenius2.0 wrote:

But in airtel when my recharge validity is finished i am not receiving any otps
Anyway to solve it?

In my Vi sim, I don’t have any recharge pack still I receive OTPs. I haven’t recharged since 6 months.

509