Hot Deal

ICICI RUPAY PLATINUM DEBIT CARD (how to get) (Step by step guide)

569°
Deal Newbie
dippy44

1) Open iMobile App-> Open ipal chat-> in ipal chat type "contact support"

2) Click on contact us-> Select savings account-> Click on email us

3 Under the type of complaint select "Debit card/cheque book not received"

4) In the type of query box put "issue me a Rupay debit card"

5) Within 24 hours ICICI will call you up and say that they have stopped issuing rupay cards.

6) Insist on Rupay debit card and say that if you'll have stopped, please send me an email because I want to forward it to rbi ombudsman and NPCI. If they still don't agree ask them to escalate to their manager.

7) Customer support will then agree and issue you a rupay card.

Note: ICICI has only one type of rupay card, by default you will get a platinum card

Here's a pic of my rupay card which arrived today:

WhatsAppImage2022-11-12at12.33.16PMscrubbed

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Just call them directly and ask them to issue RPC. Works most of the time. Few may disagree. But rest will issue without too much questions.
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
nik007rock wrote:

charges ? 

Salary account - 100% Free

Some special premium saving account - 100% Free

All other types of saving accounts - Issuing Free and annual Rs150+GST

Note - You will save Rs100 per month on RuPay Platinum debit card. 20% upto Rs100 on Amazon add money offer per month, Annually earn Rs1200.

More details about offer - https://www.desidime.com/deals/amazon-add-money...

Last thing, Sometimes Imobile app virtual RuPay card CVV number showing incorrect, always use physical RuPay card CVV number, otherwise your transaction will get failed.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Call customer care, simply they will upgrade with out any charges

66 Comments  |  
24 Dimers
  • Sort By
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Same process from past 1 year

Cool Cool
Link Copied

charges ? 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied


Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
nik007rock wrote:

charges ? 

Salary account - 100% Free

Some special premium saving account - 100% Free

All other types of saving accounts - Issuing Free and annual Rs150+GST

Note - You will save Rs100 per month on RuPay Platinum debit card. 20% upto Rs100 on Amazon add money offer per month, Annually earn Rs1200.

More details about offer - https://www.desidime.com/deals/amazon-add-money...

Last thing, Sometimes Imobile app virtual RuPay card CVV number showing incorrect, always use physical RuPay card CVV number, otherwise your transaction will get failed.
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Salary account - 100% Free

Some special premium saving account - 100% Free

All other types of saving accounts - Issuing Free and annual Rs150+GST

Note - You will save Rs100 per month on RuPay Platinum debit card. 20% upto Rs100 on Amazon add money offer per month, Annually earn Rs1200.

More details about offer - https://www.desidime.com/deals/amazon-add-money...

Last thing, Sometimes Imobile app virtual RuPay card CVV number showing incorrect, always use physical RuPay card CVV number, otherwise your transaction will get failed.
I think the CVV issue is now fixed. My virtual and physical card CVV is matching
Cool Cool
Link Copied
Done waiting for the call or email,fyi i already have titanium mastercard variant free(salary acc)so not sure for me this(rupay) will be chargeble or not
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
nik007rock wrote:
Done waiting for the call or email,fyi i already have titanium mastercard variant free(salary acc)so not sure for me this(rupay) will be chargeble or not
It will be free most likely
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
dippy44 wrote:
I think the CVV issue is now fixed. My virtual and physical card CVV is matching
Yes but no guarantee yet.

For safe side, if you transaction will failed then check once physical card CVV number.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Salary account - 100% Free

Some special premium saving account - 100% Free

All other types of saving accounts - Issuing Free and annual Rs150+GST

Note - You will save Rs100 per month on RuPay Platinum debit card. 20% upto Rs100 on Amazon add money offer per month, Annually earn Rs1200.

More details about offer - https://www.desidime.com/deals/amazon-add-money...

Last thing, Sometimes Imobile app virtual RuPay card CVV number showing incorrect, always use physical RuPay card CVV number, otherwise your transaction will get failed.

Now it’s showing correctly. They fixed it. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

is it possible to get rupay card for insta mine account ?

whenever i asked for rupay they clearly denied saying rupay card on mine accounts not possible.. only mine debit card is possbile..

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Does it provide lounge access without any restrictions ? since icic usually have the shitty (5k spend in eaarlier quarter restriction for using lounge access on cc(coral,mmt etc).

And as per rupay official site lounge access applicable international as well ..has anyone used ?

BTw i just called CC and requested Rupay debit card they happily took the request created SR number ,said card will be delivered in 5 working days 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
nik007rock wrote:

Does it provide lounge access without any restrictions ? since icic usually have the shitty (5k spend in eaarlier quarter restriction for using lounge access on cc(coral,mmt etc).

And as per rupay official site lounge access applicable international as well ..has anyone used ?

BTw i just called CC and requested Rupay debit card they happily took the request created SR number ,said card will be delivered in 5 working days 

I know all icici are useless other than Apay icici. But What is best icici LTF cc ? Platinum or coral or mmt or any other?

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Watcher wrote:

I know all icici are useless other than Apay icici. But What is best icici LTF cc ? Platinum or coral or mmt or any other?

I think if you are okay to pay one time joining fee for mmt signature then it is best deal for lifetime free(you get railway +airport lounge(domestic + intl)
Else if you are not okay to pay one time fee then just take platinum cc
Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied
We received your Debit Card Upgrade request for your account. However, due to security reasons, we are unable to process your request through e-mail. Alternatively, you may apply for the same through the following channels: iMobile Pay: Services _ Cards Services _ Upgrade to Gemstone Debit Card _ Select Card Type Internet Banking: Login _ Customer Service _ Service Requests _ Bank Accounts (Expand the category) _ ATM/Debit Card Related _ Upgrade your Debit Card Customer Care: Call 1800 1080 between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Please visit the link for more contact details - https://www.icicibank.com/customer-car...ge? ICICI Bank branch: Visit the nearest branch along with original Proof of ID. To locate the nearest ICICI Bank Branch, visit maps.icicibank.com/mobile
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
daydeals wrote:
We received your Debit Card Upgrade request for your account. However, due to security reasons, we are unable to process your request through e-mail. Alternatively, you may apply for the same through the following channels: iMobile Pay: Services _ Cards Services _ Upgrade to Gemstone Debit Card _ Select Card Type Internet Banking: Login _ Customer Service _ Service Requests _ Bank Accounts (Expand the category) _ ATM/Debit Card Related _ Upgrade your Debit Card Customer Care: Call 1800 1080 between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Please visit the link for more contact details - https://www.icicibank.com/customer-car...ge? ICICI Bank branch: Visit the nearest branch along with original Proof of ID. To locate the nearest ICICI Bank Branch, visit maps.icicibank.com/mobile
Kahena kya chahte ho ?
Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Kahena kya chahte ho ?
Got this reply from icici bank. They are not issuing rupay debit anymore.
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
daydeals wrote:
Got this reply from icici bank. They are not issuing rupay debit anymore.

Arey, Call ICICI customer care and ask for RuPay debit card and force them to issue.

if they denied to issue then told them my friends are already got RuPay debit card today.

If ICICI bank executive still denied to issue RuPay debit card then cut the call and redial again.

Only 20% to 30% ICICI bank executive know how to apply RuPay debit card.

They will also told you this is RuPay debit card, only 10k limit, e-com is not supported, RuPay card only apply through branch etc, all the wrong information. Just ignore everything and force them to apply for RuPay debit card.

Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Arey, Call ICICI customer care and ask for RuPay debit card and force them to issue.

if they denied to issue then told them my friends are already got RuPay debit card today.

If ICICI bank executive still denied to issue RuPay debit card then cut the call and redial again.

Only 20% to 30% ICICI bank executive know how to apply RuPay debit card.

They will also told you this is RuPay debit card, only 10k limit, e-com is not supported, RuPay card only apply through branch etc, all the wrong information. Just ignore everything and force them to apply for RuPay debit card.

I have already wasted 10 calls with customer care.
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
daydeals wrote:
I have already wasted 10 calls with customer care.
Within a 2 weeks, 4 people got ICICI RuPay debit card.

Which number you called ? this number - 1800 1080

Then try Chennai number - 044 33667777

Tell me what they replied ? like i said you need to force them. Told them your friends are already got RuPay debit card today.

And if they denied to issue then tell the same thing OP already mentioned "if you'll have stopped, please send me an email because I want to forward it to rbi ombudsman and NPCI. If they still don't agree ask them to escalate to their manager."
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
daydeals wrote:
I have already wasted 10 calls with customer care.
Did you create a request through imobile as mentioned in the firstpost? One SR is created then they only will keep calling you and you just have to keep insisting on rupay card.
Avant Garde Avant Garde
Link Copied
Expand
dippy44 wrote:
Did you create a request through imobile as mentioned in the firstpost? One SR is created then they only will keep calling you and you just have to keep insisting on rupay card.
Yes. I did same as you have written. I just received a reply in email. Didn't got any call.
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
BUDHRAJ0 wrote:

is it possible to get rupay card for insta mine account ?

whenever i asked for rupay they clearly denied saying rupay card on mine accounts not possible.. only mine debit card is possbile..

+1
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Snapz wrote:
+1

No no way to get rupay in icici mine. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Did everyone with savings account who got this RuPay Platinum ICICI DC get charged ₹177? Or just me?

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
some1anywhere964 wrote:

Did everyone with savings account who got this RuPay Platinum ICICI DC get charged ₹177? Or just me?

Are you blocked your existing card before apply new RuPay card ?
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Are you blocked your existing card before apply new RuPay card ?

How's this related?

I raised request via iMobile app and the cc took the request immediately without any question and blocked my current debit card. I might be getting my rupay dc in another 3-4 days.
I was already holding my ICICI account as salary account 5-6 years earlier. Now it might hv been downgraded to normal account but they nvr charged me for my platinum visa dc. Not sure about rupay variant though.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
22sumit wrote:

How's this related?

I raised request via iMobile app and the cc took the request immediately without any question and blocked my current debit card. I might be getting my rupay dc in another 3-4 days.
I was already holding my ICICI account as salary account 5-6 years earlier. Now it might hv been downgraded to normal account but they nvr charged me for my platinum visa dc. Not sure about rupay variant though.

Ok maybe your salary account still active.

Salary account  - Free RuPay Platinum debit card.
Generous Generous
Link Copied
some1anywhere964 wrote:

Did everyone with savings account who got this RuPay Platinum ICICI DC get charged ₹177? Or just me?

That's annual fee ( Rs.150+GST).
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Are you blocked your existing card before apply new RuPay card ?
Nope I didn't block existing card before applying for RuPay card. sad That's why I want to know whether the charge in my account statement was for the Visa card or for the RuPay card. 🙂
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply